10/18/03 EPL Round 9: Arsenal v. Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Oct 16, 2003.

1. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dissapointed

I think the word is “disappointed”. We probably did deserve the draw, but t’is football and we didn’t get it. Carlo’s third mistake of the season, these things come in “three’s” and we won’t be seeing any more mistakes from him.

What was really disappointing was that we seemed to run-out of ideas and creativity in the second half. We started to look disjointed and had little flow to our movement. Arsenal have the advantage of being a very settled side and this composure at the end of the day won them the game. Arsenal have played all the top teams lately and have had some good results, only dropping two points and that was away at OT. Arsenal must be the clear favourites this season.

Melchiot had a fairly decent game. Out of all the players ousted by the new signings it is probably Melchiot who has the most sympathy from me. He had a fairly good year at RB last season and he has a great attitude, but Johnson has the potential to be the best RB in the world. What can you do?

Anyways, 9 games in is far too early to go to top :)

Wenger, what a wanker:
    Wenger said: "At half time I felt we were unfortunate to be 1-1 because they didn't create a lot.

2 lucky goals for Arsenal, one moment of genius from Chelsea.

2. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    We played well for portions of the game but didn't really break down the Arsenal defence. Crespo's goal was brilliant, but how many real chances did we have? Arsenal were lucky to get that goal in the first half which was an even (maybe even shading to Chelsea) affair. The second half was a different story. Arsenal were closing us down very effectively while we were laying off a bit and letting them attack. They seemed to be getting more 50/50 balls and when we did try to go forward we had no creativity. We should have gotten a draw for sure but who knows. Arsenal were showing a lot of determination to go for the win when Cudicini f-d up. Mind you, if we weren't standing around with our dicks in our hands after they awarded the free kick, Cudicini wouldn't have been in that position. Right now you can see a lot of great individual skill on our team but they just don't have it together. That was a weak Arsenal side that beat us. Hopefully the experience will prepare us for a Lazio side that is better than Arsenal.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  4. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    taxi for rambler!! man, you sound so jealous...

for the chelsea lads:
    as a neutral i'd like to point out three things
    1. cudicini is a class keeper. everyone makes mistakes.
    2. arsenal away is one of the toughest games you'll play all season. surely you didn't expect to go unbeaten every game. (and anyway, EVEN everton got beat at arsenal...i wouldn't worry about it)
    3. it's a marathon, not a sprint.

you're still in a very strong position to challenge for the title and frankly, i'd rather see a 3 horse race than a 2 horse one.

5. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On the 12/21/2000. Tottenham chairman Sir Alan Sugar sold 26.9% stake in the club to sports entertainment business ENIC Spurs fans are still waiting for the "entertainment" to materialize on the pitch.

ENIC currently hold a 20.2% stake in Glasgow Rangers as well as shares at AEK Athens, FC Basle, Slavia Prague and Vicenza - So I guess the owners of Sperz are keeping it real.

6. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    I don't know what you're getting all worked up over

Rambler. Surely our newfound wealth will have the trickle down effect of allowing you to buy more of our castoffs and has-beens next summer. Stanic, Bogarde, and Petit don't sound good to you then?

7. givemefootieanyday

givemefootieanyday New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Swindon
    who says life is fair, rambler?!?

bet ya wouldnt be moanin like this if abramovich bought spurs ;-)

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    For Rambler

Step #1...Remove posts of jealous cunt----Check

Step #2...have ability of jealous cunt to post in glorious Chelsea forum removed---[pending]

9. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Re: For Rambler

*LOL*

Betcha that the *#*#*#*# will just change sign in names and reappear again with more lame ass stupidities.

10. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    Re: For Rambler

Whats a matter Clan, truth too much for you to take ?

Your club has become a farce

11. givemefootieanyday

givemefootieanyday New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Swindon
    Re: Re: For Rambler

still better than yours though :)

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Re: For Rambler

Not at all.
    It's a little warning to you (and others) thats all.

If you wish to come here and make valid points and actually discuss matters, football or financial, related to the buy out, thats fine and you're more than welcome.In fact i would welcome the debate as traffic is kind of slow.

If you wish to come here and post bollox you will be banned. You can go back to soccernet where they put up with that stuff.

I think thats reasonable-don't you?