1/15: Liverpool v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    A gritty performance to win at Anfield with 10 men.

Keano: What does he have to do to get his 50th goal? His strike was sublime. If it went in it would gave been a perfect #50. Still, he was my Man of the Match. He completely negated Gerrard and controlled the midfield. He is still the heart and soul of Manchester United, and it will be a sad, sad day when he finally decides to call it quits.

Heinze: He saved United's bacon with a perfectly timed tackle in the box. He defends fantastically and goes forward well. And theoretically, he is still getting used to the English game. He and Rio must be the first two names Fergie writes down on the lineup sheet - they are that good and that consistent. I'd like to see him cross better on the run, but other than that, he's nearly a perfect left back.

Silvestre: This is the best game I've seen him play without Rio. He was fantastic in the middle and just what United needed. I think that his confidence was shot after a horrible Euro 2004 and that he needed some time next to the Grand Master to get his game back.

Brown: Played well in general but he did have two bookable, rash fouls. He can be a brilliant, aggressive tackler, but he needs to learn to play under control when he's carrying a yellow.

2. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    How come that rentboy doesnt get carded, for trolling in here with all his rentboy shite?

3. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    This deserves some rep but I'm tapped out... I couldn't tell u what phishy or NAZI or half the people posting on this thread have said b/c of the wonderful IGNORE feature lol. I just wish that, when someone quotes one of these guys, it wouldn't show their original post.

You must spread some reputation around before fiving it to JN13 again.

4. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This was a good game. Getting a little out of control there toward the end but the ref did a good job with the cards, to keep everything calm.

Rooney is defenitely great, he is a young punk though. with the fan humilliation and then when he had some dude on his back then got rid of the ball and sortof flailed his arms adn tried to stomp the dude that was on his back. He dont take no BS man.

C Ronaldo did a great job, he made some frenchie look a fool in the corner with the ronaldinho move.

Carrol was lucky he had is foot planted where he did on that one shot, he had very bad viewpoint.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Apparently it was too much to think that you'd post this drivel in the proper thread, eh?

And for the love of god, you should get booted for bolding all your text. You really amaze me with the ways you find of proving yourself to be a bigger knothead than what I had previously thought possible.

6. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    The part that had me laughing was when he said that Milan dont allow tap-ins! How can team prevent tap ins. Plus if Ruud gets around his man and then slots in a cross I am sure this idiot would call it a tap in.

7. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just a bit of trivia from yesterday's victory @ Anfield. United kept Morientes from scoring in his debut for the first time. :cool:

"The Spanish star failed to score on a debut for the first time, having managed the feat previously for Albacete, Real Zaragoza, Real Madrid, Monaco and Spain."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id=england&cc=5901

8. delmundo

delmundo Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ...and didnt we set a club record for consecutive clean shhets?

9. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I'm sure he'll claim that it's Zani jabber for "no easy goals" allowed. And that ma be true but it's just not the right thing to say. It'd be llike trying to say the Honda Accord is a nice car by claiming it's better than a BMW or something. Nutts.

10. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    sympathy for the less fortunate. :D :D :D

11. van_da_man

van_da_man Member

Aug 4, 2003
    UK
    delmundo- i think we equalled our previous record.

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    You're full of s.h.i.t you know that right? We are Manchester United. Unlike your team we've won things, we've been there, done that. You haven't. Your team haven't. Our fricken reserve team with 4 regular first teamers held your first team. You know what that means? That means that a full squad for ourselves will most likely kick your a.s.s. Your best chance of a trophy this year is the EPL, and you dare not slip up cause we along with the frenchies will be waiting to devour you. But you act like you'll breeze through the champions league and we'll struggle so badly. Gimme a damn break. Chelsea is nothing, you're nothing. You lost to Porto just like we did, with the exception of you having a full team. You couldn't beat Arsenal, we did. We owned Liverpool on their own pitch AND won. You relied on some poor azz refereeing and luck to win.

When this Man Utd team gets going and is in the mood, no team on this earth can stop it, it's like a force of nature. No Russian rent-a-team can, no slow italian team can. Hell we can fall behind but when we are ticking this team will not rest until they win. If you can't beat us in our weakened state, what chance do you have of beating Barcelona? Ask yourself this, when last has Manchester United lost whilst playing their best? Be gone loser...

13. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    His marker will be Nesta of serie A.

I will believe you when you beat Pompey, City and Chelsea.

14. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I'll believe you when you beat Man Cissy, lose 3/4 your squad to injuries AND beat us, and not slip up to Bolton at home, a team we drew against away from home, beat at home.

15. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    City know damn well that we gonna get them. I don't know about you guys.
    A slip up to Bolton? Fergie calls that a blip.
    Only a few weeks ago, Mourinho went to a game while down to his last 16 players. If you are still waiting for injury woes to happen. Forget it. Only injury war will affect Chelsea squad.The versatility of the players led by a bag ful of tricks young manager is the key.

16. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    So what?! We all know that every player makes mistakes including Nesta you know! :rolleyes:

17. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    If he makes a mistake there will be Maldini, STAM and Dida. No loose ball and you know what that means.

18. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Since you apparently know your Milan, don't forget to throw in Cafu too. I'm sure he'd hate to be left out. Heck he has more honors than the other three. Including lifting the World Cup. :D

19. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    How the hell you know?! Some matches go at such a rate that anything could happen! We still have other attacking threats you know!

20. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    We will see. Sh!t happens like when they played Depo last season. But if every thing goes normal your team will not beat Milan.

21. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    This like saying Chelsea will not beat Barca. How you know what will happen fool!! :mad:

22. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's yanking your chain. Ignore him & he'll go away. :p

23. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Unless sh!t happens. Barca have no chance of beating Chelsea. We are better than them in every department.:D

24. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Sure you are and they have the best player in the world!! :)

25. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Including the whoever plays for you guys, where Ronaldinho plays for Barca?