1/15: Liverpool v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd Warning.

LEAVE.

2. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I think you should heed this warning fellow!

3. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Great match yesterday. Having just read thru most of this thread, some decent insight (save the last page or so :rolleyes: ).After reading everyone singing Keano's praises, hopefully people will still remember his dominance of Gerrard, and the match in general, the next time he has an "average" performance and will think twice about spewing disrespectful "he's past it/time to retire" tripe. Probably not, though. ;)
    Heinze continues to impress greatly. Class.
    As for Fletcher, he gave the ball away too easily on a few instances, but as always, he worked his socks off. If people can't appreciate how his play makes things so much easier for Keane and Scholes then I doubt they'll ever rate Fletcher, which is too bad because it's obvious that Fergie does.
    Sure is sweet to come away with 3 points from Anfield, now to overtaking Arsenal and closing the gap on Chelsea :cool:

4. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    lol,

Motter' the Zani slayer! :D

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    That is so true about Fletcher. People will be firmly split down the middle about him I reckon. His workrate and tenacity is definitely allieviating some of the work for Keane and Scholes. His game is still raw but it looks like he's developing steadily to me.

6. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    1st chance to write my views:

Not a bad game, well played by the defence. Wes was unlucky. Ronaldo was relatively effective IMO, and Saha was good in his own way (good running off the ball that always opens options to the midfield). WHAT A SHOT BY KEANO!!

I agree about fletch, it allows Keane to get into positions like where he took the shot. However I'd love to see Klebs (who might be spain-bound according to reports this morning) in that position.

7. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Sorry, that's Portugal-bound. Benfica are looking to sign him. Benfica manager claims Klebs is one of the world's best midfielders.

8. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

Trap can kiss my ass

he sucks:(

u cna keep him..and please dont take moriera, simao, or manuel fernandes

we need them, there our only class players along with gomes and miguel:(

9. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    oh btw, I thought CR played one of his best games in ages...probably since the show he put on the last time he played liverpool..ur thoughts??

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Hahaha, swerved before it got to him....... at least Carroll didn't come out and say some crap about how it wasn't his fault [take it like a man Dudek]. Nice title/avie combo Achtung, I got a laugh out of it. :cool:

12. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    At least the FA did something right today and that is to announce that Wayne
    will not be charged for celebrating his goal in front of the Kop at Anfield.
    It is about time they got something right.
    Now let us see what they do about the fight in the Boro vs. Everton match.

13. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ah crap. Our seemingly great result has now been revealed to be pretty worthless. We really are quite a shambles of a team...

:)
    [result]FA Cup 3rd round: Burnley 1-0 Liverpool!!![/result]

And a quick one for all the Scousers...
    Enjoy those hats, boys!

15. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I should go over there and ask them if they are in the FA Cup!!! :p

16. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Dippers got spanked tonight. Fookin Magic.

17. puichat

puichat New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Can anyone please tell me where to get EPL torrents? maxxed had closed supposedly. So, I was wondering is there any other way I could keep touch with the EPL matches.. Thanks

18. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    United Forever, your posts are just killing me with their stupidity. You cannot say that Man u is better than Chelsea when they have beaten you on your own ground and are 11 points in front. I have enough balls to say that you guys are better than us since you beat us both times.

Also, I would not say that "I should go over there and ask them if they're in the FA Cup." Considering that you could not score a goal against a non-league side in your own stadium and now have to do a replay at St. James Park, that statement doesn't carry much clout.

BTW, it is absolutely hilarious that groups of United fans filled Newcastle hotels as they anticipated that the match was at Newcastle's home ground. Let it be said that I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. :D

-------------------------
    "When my brain exploded, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have such a better life now."
    -- Sharon Stone

"I'm not very politically involved ... I mean, if you say you're a Democrat, that'll turn off Republicans, and that's half of your fan base."
    -- Lindsay Lohan

"I may have smoked too much weed, but I wasn't taking drugs or anything."
    -- Mike Tyson on his loss to Lennox Lewis

"Joy Division is the only good thing to ever come out of Manchester, and then the lead singer went and killed himself."
    -- Me

19. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    The 1-0 loss to Chelsea in August was at SB and not at OT.

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And recently we drew 0-0 against them - with (still) less than our full squad.... also at SB.

Of course, the table doesn't lie, but it can flatter to deceive.

21. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want a real sig, friggin pay for one... :rolleyes:

22. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    True.
    I like the fact that some Chelsea supporters talk about dynasty and "years of success" when they still have to accomplish their very first EPL title.
    If they do, then we will have to see if they are yet another Blackburn Rovers of 1995.

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004

I watched the LFC at Burnley FA Cup match today.
    I cannot believe how badly they played.
    On SKY Sports News it did not seem that Rafa was too bothered about it.
    I do not think that he understands the significance of the FA Cup.
    He was happy that he was still involved in the CC and EPL as well as the ECL.
    Burnley were much better than them today.

25. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Yea idiot you expect me to say that the Chelsea footie whores are better than Man United?!! I mean it is something call biasness. And the talk about us struggling with Exeter the thing is we ARE in the FA Cup. I have to admit though Traore has a goals of the season contender. Now sod off !!!