08/28 Revs - Rapids Pre Match Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Jeff, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Another match in CMGI, oops dot com bust 165475, Gillette Stadium. Which Rapids team will show up? If it's the one that did on Saturday, I don't see predominantly one-dimensional NE being able to generate enough offense to get points, nor slow down the Rapids. If it's the team that went to LA 9 days ago, even NE can and will walk all over the Raps.

2. sadrap

sadrap New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Colorado, USA
  3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Couldn't tell you, as I get so confused by MLS' change 170 times a calendar year rules that I pay little attention to them. I will, however, assume he is out tomorrow for discussion's sake. I'd rather see him miss this match at NE, then get a card (vs. NE highly likey with some of the loose cannons they have, 4th match this season between the two added in), than the more critical match vs. Dallas.

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Mastro suspended again???

I'm sure someone knows better than I, but I recall (I think) Pable receiving a yellow last game and he was already at or near the 21 point accumulation limit, hence the suspension.

This is a MUST game for the Revs and their playoff chances and they will be at home as well, i.e., they'll come out on fire. I think this'll be a tough game for the Rapids, especially without Pablo and having to travel a long distance after a Sat. game for a Wed. game.

5. MockaMooDoe

MockaMooDoe New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Re: Re: Mastro suspended again???

We need to come out like we did against SJ and attack from the wings and push the ball forward into the NE 1/3. We need the same midfield work (less the erratic passing) and have the 3Cs (Chung, Chris and Chris) continuosly attack their defense. The Rapids need to consider this game as important as the SJ game, because they can clinch a playoff birth with 3 tough games to go !!!!..We don't need to leave the door open for anyone. We can finish the deal tomorrow. But it all depends on how Hanki prepares and sets the table. This is NO time to be anyones "friend". Put the best 11 out there that will give us the best chance of winning, and substitue with the intention of getting a win ---not saving a win !!!!

6. jdonnici

jdonnici Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Westminster, CO
    Yeah, he's out because of the "21-points gets you a suspension" rule.

By the way... anyone know the scoop on getting tomorrow night's game on television? I've got AT&T Digital Cable (with nearly every channel) and they don't have it listed, nor does the Tivo guide show it... soccertv.com says "AT&T 21 - Cable Only", but the Tivo Guide just says "Leased Access" for that channel.

Anyone know what the scoop is? I'll have practice tomorrow night, but would love to have the Tivo set so I can catch up when I get home.

Thanks!

7. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    The game is on "AT&T Cable Channel 21" as was one earlier this year; I have Digital Cable, and the game was on channel 21 on the box.

I will rather head down to Croc's this game though and not worry about it.

8. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids deal with Fox Sports is for only a certain number of games. Once that and the ESPN spots are full, there are usually 2-3 extra away games that need coverage. So this is a time buy by the Rapids to ensure every away game is shown in the Denver market to ensure fans can follow the team for every match. This is one of the best things the Rapids front office does for the hardcore fans here (many other MLS markets leave games dark as the alternative).

This is a cable-access channel for the Denver market. However, as someone else pointed out to me, Fox Sports New England is also carrying the broadcast so it's available to MLS Shootout package people as well (I'm pretty sure -- DirecTV is confirmed).

9. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I cannot believe Pablo is out AGAIN !!

10. jdonnici

jdonnici Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Westminster, CO
    Thanks for the details on tomorrow night's broadcast. Got the Tivo all set for Ch. 21 at 5:30 local time...

Thanks again!

11. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    Here's a stat that I like!

"The Revs are 0-3 this season on Wednesday night"