News: 08/09 PASL-Pro League News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Deveron, Oct 14, 2008.

1. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks
    I assumed the listed dates on the site aren't set in stone. The Dynamite open cup game is still up in the air as well.
    I was wondering whether or not Waza would play a NE division team or a Great Lakes Division team - so that answers my question if the Shockers are indeed going to Detroit.
    It would be cool to see the Outlaws go up against Alamo SC - they are tearing things up in the South Central Division of PASL-Premier right now. I would assume the Outlaws would go up against a qualifier from the South Central Divison, while St Louis would naturally play a qualifier from the Midwest Division, perhaps a team like the Kansas City Kings.

2. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

I was looking on the Monterrey La Raza web site and it lists the Texas Outlaws game this month as "PASL Cup". Is Monterrey in the Arena Open Cup, and is La Raza the "Qualifier" opponent for the Texas Outlaws in the bracket?

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    No, the PASL Cup is actually the Copa America, a third in-season competition between La Raza, 5 PASL-Pro teams and the three Canadian teams.

4. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Was recently handed an owner's manual

[​IMG]

5. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

Thanks...I found the "Copa America 2008-09" thread and that helped, too.

6. Glavin22

Glavin22 Member

Apr 8, 2007
    St Louis
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They haven't taken a full roster on the road yet, so I wouldn't count on it.

Unfortunately, that's a tough issue for me to get around. I'd like to support the team when I can, but if the players don't care what their record is, why should I?

7. Paul Mittermeier

Paul Mittermeier New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    For the TS-Academy who will make you into a pro player for money?

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    That's the '06 edition.

9. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still not sure when or where the Denver-Colorado open cup match is supposed to take place. The PASL site still has it on the night of the 10th at the Denver Sports Center. The Dynamite site still has it tonight at 8:15 down in Monument. I have heard that it may move back to the 10th but in Parker, but this has not been confirmed yet. Monument is about 1 hour south from here, and I don't really want to drive all the way down there if I'm not even sure if there is a game going on!

10. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK,
    I just found out that the open cup game is not being played tonight. The actual date is still undetermined but it definitely will not be this weekend. It may even be moved to the Lightning's home field in Loveland beacause of problems with the dates that the Dynamite could potentially host the rescheduled game.

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I guess this is based solely on wins and losses, home and away and goals for and against, but I thought it was kind of interesting.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/ratings/?lid=143

They ranked Wenatchee 13th out of 12 teams (I think because they included, but didn't list San Diego, West Virginia and Springfield) and 14th out of 12 teams defensively. I guess that's what happens when you give up an average of 12.5 goals per game.

12. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Got an e-mail reply concerning the facility situation in Calgary from Chris Baker

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Well at least that's one team that isn't moving. :)

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  15. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Good to see Wenatchee will have some heat for the next game, I wish someone would bring a heater to the Massachusetts Twisters game.

By the way NSL 2004. Edmonton and Saskatoon played a doubleheader, how many doubleheaders does PASL envision playing? The players must be exhausted by the end of the second game.

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    We'll play as many as are scheduled! There aren't any currently scheduled in the US, but Texas has one game to make up and a double header could be a possible solution.

It kind of warps the stats because they play two 40 minute games. So really it's like they play a regular game and an overtime period (and some change).

17. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    That's professional...........

So is this:

FORT COLLINS — The field dimensions were smaller and so was the score, but the Colorado Lightning professional indoor soccer team still held off the St. Louis Illusion 4-2 Sunday at OD’s Sports Crossing.

The OD’s soccer field is 20 feet shorter and the goals are smaller than the familiar confines of the Budweiser Events Center, so goals were at a premium.

So the PASL-PRO goals ARE the same size, but only when they can pay their bills and don't have to move to a dreaded practice facility. Seriously, adding the 11 PASL-Pro teams to the PASL-Premeir is the way to go don't you think. They are amateur teams anyway with the exception of Stockton and a few players here and there. You would have yourself a nice little 78 team cross country league, and we would stay off your back.

18. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Stop granting any moron a team and calling them Professional!

What Swanner is doing in St Louis for example... he gets a bunch of old friends together who want to still play the game... calls this a "professional" team, when nothing about the organization is professional.

1) Players don't want to bus it 6 hours for a game, so they don't go.
    2) Lets have a 50 man roster so the first 12-15 players that can afford their own bus fare are playing.
    3) play in a practice facility. and on and on and on....

and no...giving the keys to the Twisters was also a dumb move, so don't jump on that one NSL...

Illinois cannot support Chicago and Rockford. One will fail, and it looks like the owner will deeper pockets (Rockford) will be left standing.

Bring back the damn Harrisburg Heat! At least they could draw about 2-3,000 which in todays indoor soccer world is huge! You could have a 4 team eastern conference with very low travel expenses. Make the players drive themselves!

I guess when Detroit sells out a 3500 seat arena, this is now considered a huge success!

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But Baltimore and Harrisburg are as close as Rockford and Chicago. Just saying.

20. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I guess the only thing Harrisburg had going was a semi established fan base. I'll never foget they had at least 500 or so fans who made the trip down to Baltimore years ago...the entire section behind the goal was in purple.

of course, that bus got smaller and smaller as the years went on..but they had a pretty small but loyal following.

ever make a trip up to the cow palace?

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    One year I went to 11 games there. It was great atmosphere back in the day and a grand old building (dirt floor and farm smell notwithstanding).

22. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that 4 Mexican teams are now listed on the PASL site with schedules. Is this the final lineup for the Mexican division (LMFR)? The are scheduled to play Friday nights, from Jan. 9 to Feb. 13. There was a past release on the Mexican futbol rapido site that I believe stated that the PASL International Finals would have one team each from CMISL, LMFR, and a Baja Division apparently not affiliated with LMFR/PASL, plus 3 from the PASL. Syd, can you answer to or confirm that?

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think the Baja Division will be part of the LMFR. I could only get the schedule and teams names for one division. I think there will be 8 teams in LMFR.

If I had to guess (and I do as it so happens) it looks like the 4 teams listed are going to all play in the same venue (since all the games are on Fridays).

24. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless of the internal setup down in Mexico, do you know if there will there be one or two teams from Mexico in the PASL Finals?

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think each of the two division winners from Mexico will come as well as our two division winners (or 2nd in the West), Stockton, and the CMISL winner.