08.09.07 (Euro 08 Qualifier) Wales : Germany [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by deleted, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was actually expecting (maybe stupidly) some of that rugby atmosphere against germany, which is why i thought this game would be harder for the inexperienced players than against england. Maybe itwould have been like that had the RWC not been on, but I totally forgot about it. I try to shut off from it :D

Oh yeah they always are. They like england football team in terms of hype but they actually do WIN stuff inbetween the world cups, and convincingly too sometimes, with skill all the time. But come the semis, you and I can challenge them and they'll lose. Or so I hope again.

I guess you've probably been given your ribery mug at work already :)

2. DefenseWinsCliche

DefenseWinsCliche New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    everywhereville, usa
    german idiots rushed onto wales stand and got in a fisticuff. I wasn't sustained rioting. Police did a good job calming the situation really quick but it still shouldn't have happened.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's quite normal, I think ... since we have another game on Wednesday. They simply tried to save some power.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't scare me!

As there wasn't any trouble in Prague and London, I was hoping that we finally got rid of some idiots...

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Germany v/s Wales September 8th Euro2008 Qualifier

I think all he means is that Germany can afford the draw and he would like to see the Irish go through instead of the Czechs.

Why would he have to be "half Irish" to want that? I think that's an insulting question even if he is.

People can only wish for good things for Germany if they are German?

What kind of bulls#it is that?

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I think they were more worried about their clubs than Wednesday's match. Wednesday's match is just a friendly. Loew will probably do some experimenting.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well ok, that's bad but not exactly a riot. We don't know what happend.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

?? I have not read that into his post.

He just meant that being half Irish would be one good excuse to support Ireland in a game against Germany if you claim to support Germany. Especially as long as qualification is not secured. (Another good excuse is being a woman. :))

There is nothing wrong with wishing good things for whatever team B. But you just don't do that in a competitive game of A vs B -- if you claim to be a supporter of A. There is no such thing as "we can afford a draw" as long as we are not qualified.

9. DefenseWinsCliche

Aug 20, 2007
    everywhereville, usa

I don't wish my team to draw against anyone at any circumstance to help another team get thru. That's just me. Like it or not.

If he was half-irish I would've understood as people that have dual nationality may have feeling for both countries. There's nothing wrong with that. Lot of turks who were born in germany feel a fondness for turkey. I don't have any problem with that.

People can wish other countries to do well. Nothing wrong with that. I wish france and italy both make it as that will only make the euro a more stronger competition and maybe we will get a chance to avenge wc semi-final. But I certainly wouldn't hope for germany to draw against one of them so they can go thru.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah....screw Italy.....

Euro Champions didn't make it to the World Cup, and World Champions don't make it to the Euros....

It's only fair :D

11. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea, go Scotland :) Nice people there.

12. DefenseWinsCliche

Aug 20, 2007
    everywhereville, usa
    well, I don't know about the people as I've never been there. But they certainly have a stunningly beautiful country. I watch a lot of travel programs and scotland is definitely one of the country I would like to visit. But before I visit any other country, I need to go to new zealand which is the most beautiful country in the world.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nevertheless they can't afford another 1:5 disgrace against Romania...

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would they lose? :cool:

15. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    romania are top of their euro group...not bad not bad

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are a very good team, but I'm sure both sides will use this match to get their backups some playing time.

After all, Loew has already announced Enke and Hildebrand will play this match.

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Holland is a games behind and I expect them to win the group but Romania is certainly better now than they have been in the last couple of years. They still have a habit of really screwing themselves over in the most dramatic fashion. I'd be exctatic if they qualify for the Euro Cup, even moreso if they get drawn into Germany's group.

18. Little fairy

Little fairy New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Essen,Germany
    Lukas and Patrick will be our strikers upfront. Nice to see both of them together again on the pitch for Germany :cool: