08.09.07 (Euro 08 Qualifier) Wales : Germany [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by deleted, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see the problem with MicFW's theory. Germany are assured of qualification with about 4 more points. That said, I think we'll win in dublin anyway.

2. IlTedesco

IlTedesco New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Germany
    Let's talk about this again when Germany is definitely qualified!

;)

3. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hang on people, this thread is not supposed to be about which team I might choose to like or not. When I said "Don't let loose on me", I didn't really expect that anyone could object to having sympathies for a different national team than his own. I take it then that none of you ever root for any national team different than Germany? :rolleyes:
    By the way, I never claimed to be rooting for Ireland in that particular match. All I said - and careful reading might have told you so - that I could indeed live with a draw in that match in case we secure a victory in the game against Wales. Of course I'm happy if we win against Ireland, but I want them to go through as well. That's all I have to say about that.

4. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you. I also think we are likely to win it, and even if we don't we are comfortably cruising to win our group.

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I think you guys didn't read what micfw said in his original post. He said that as long as germany are qualified, a draw in dublin wouldn't be bad as it will also allow ireland through. No problem with that. The irish don't like the england NT :D
    (reminder : http://youtube.com/watch?v=-krM6erRs7M)

Anyway, I think we'll pick up max points from here anyway.

we have :

Cyprus
    Czechs
    Wales
    wales
    IRELAND

6. IlTedesco

IlTedesco New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Germany
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to diss you or something but (again) as long as the German team isn't actually qualified I won't waste a thought on giving away points to other teams out of sheer sympathy. I want the qualification to be secured asap, afterwards Löw can use the remaining matches to check out new players or whatever...

:)

7. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    this will be an easy one, no more giggs for wales. Fairly easy win for us, 3-0.

8. Redsock

Redsock Member

May 24, 2007
    We shouldn't underestimate Wales like Cyprus, it will tough there
    What are the news about Jansen and Fritz ?
    I was happy with Pander shot, he has great abilities in set pieces corners and
    free kicks but has really to improve his defending !
    why can't he make a tackle :confused:

9. Little fairy

Little fairy New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Essen,Germany
    More than the 90.000 in the huge new Wembley stadium? I strongly doubt it :rolleyes:
    We shouldn´t underestimate them, but once we are able to dominate the gameplay for the first time in their stadium, it should be a easy win. Can anyone follow my logic here ?:D

Fritz and Ballack are not gonna make it, I also would put Poldi in vain.

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well it depends I guess. They don't hate the german NT like the english do, but their stadium has a more cauldron like atmosphere. You see it all the time for rugby games. While wembley is new still. Also this game is a qualifier. I'd say that cardiff would be just a bit tougher than that wembley game was.

does anyone know how to make this website log out automatically after 20 mins? The old one used to do that

11. DefenseWinsCliche

DefenseWinsCliche New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    everywhereville, usa

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I support Ecuador passionatly because my mother is from there and I spent 10 years in Galapagos. I still rooted for Germany when they played vs. Ecuador during the WC. I just wanted to see Ecuador play well and not get owned while hoping Germany would win the title.

I also root for any team that plays Argentina or Brazil.

13. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    nope. I absolutely can't stand every other country.

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so, we're that confident about winning this game that we're talking about other countries now :D

for the record, i am (slightly) less confident about winning this than about the england game. We have no schneider (remember the last game without schneider?? even with ballack and frings that day) to go with ballack, borowski and frings. And all the others who missed the england game apart from...

Schwein who will be back but he is not in their class. At least klose can drop into midfield I guess a bit, and strikers wise everyone should be fit which should allow klose to do this.

And this joint in cardiff is going to have a tougher atmosphere than wembley.

Still I think we will win, but it's going to be tougher for all those reasons.

Oh, and I tend to back whoever plays england, but don't really care that much.

15. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poldi made his comeback for Bayern in a friendly against Zurich. It seems he was able to play the whole 90 minutes, without scoring a goal though. Nice to have him and Gomez back for the game in Cardiff.

I might be wrong, but I reckon the Welsh will leave us a lot of possession and barricade their goal, so the loss of Schneider's experience and creativity in midfield is indeed quite grave. Patience is a virtue we might need in that game.

By the way, here's the Wales squad for the game:

Hennessey (Wolves), Price (Derby), Coyne (Tranmere), Bale (Spurs), D Collins (Sunderland), J.Collins (West Ham), S Evans (Wrexham), Gabbidon (West Ham), Morgan (Peterborough), Nyatanga (Barnsley), Ricketts (Hull), Crofts (Gillingham), S Davies (Fulham), Fletcher (Crystal Palace), M Jones (Wrexham), Koumas (Wigan), Ledley (Cardiff), Parry (Cardiff), Robinson (Toronto), Bellamy (West Ham), Earnshaw (Derby), Eastwood (Wolves), Nardiello (QPR).

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6965500.stm

16. IlTedesco

IlTedesco New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Germany
    At least Poldi probably is not going to be nominated I'm afraid. That's at least what I read.

Yeah, it's most likely going to be similar to the match against Ireland after the World Cup.

17. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd be pretty confident with this squad:

-------------------NEUER-------------------
    --------MERTESACKER--METZELDER----------
    -LAHM--------------------------------JANSEN-
    ----------------HITZLSPERGER---------------
    -HILBERT------------------------TROCHOWSKI-
    ---------------SCHWEINSTEIGER--------------
    --------------KLOSE--------------------------
    -------------------------KURANYI-------------

18. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The squad:

Tor:
    23 Robert Enke
    12 Timo Hildebrand
    1 Jens Lehmann

Abwehr:
    35 Gonzalo Castro
    3 Arne Friedrich
    24 Manuel Friedrich
    2 Marcell Jansen
    16 Philipp Lahm
    17 Per Mertesacker
    21 Christoph Metzelder
    6 Christian Pander
    40 Serdar Tasci

Mittelfeld:
    34 Roberto Hilbert
    15 Thomas Hitzlsperger
    38 Simon Rolfes
    7 Bastian Schweinsteiger
    28 Piotr Trochowski

Angriff:
    32 Mario Gomez
    37 Patrick Helmes
    11 Miroslav Klose
    31 Kevin Kuranyi
    20 Lukas Podolski

Gerald Asamoah, Stefan Kießling, Bernd Schneider, Oliver Neuville, David Odonkor, Mike Hanke and Manuel Neuer have to take part in a fitness test.

Trochowski dammit :rolleyes: I would've preferred to see Streit given a chance.

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is this for both upcoming games?

20. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Trochowski is fantastic.

22. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the guy has SO much potential thats why so many of us are frustrated with him because he is showing it not often enough and hasnt developed much in the last 2 years.
    One could even say that he played 2 years ago better than now.
    I think thats also the reason why Löw keeps nominating him, he can probably see the big potential of Trochowoski in the training but the boy finally needs to use his talent and make the next step or else he is gonna be the next Lars Ricken.

23. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw's descision to include Trochowski in the squad is understandable IMO, but only under the current circumstances (= deficit of good midfielders due to injuries). Otherwise Trochowski shouldn't even be called up until he starts improving notably for his club. Maybe he is a big talent, but I couldn't say when the last time was he really impressed me (if ever).

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shortage of midfielders but some of our defenders can play in midfield (Jansen, Lahm) so I'm not worried at all.

If all those players are fit come matchday this could be the line up:

------------------Mad Jens-----------------

Lahm--------Merte--------Metze------Pander

---------Schweinsteiger------Hizlsperger------

Hilbert-------------------------------Jansen

--------------Klose---------Podolski--------

25. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On another note, I continue to be baffled at Oliver Neuville's call-up. As far as I can remember, he hasn't even played for us since the WC. Is he really undergoing a fitness test for national team duty?