'07 Roster

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of now this is the Battery Roster so far:

Stephen Armstrong, Anthony Catalano, Chris Corcoran, Shane Crawford, Brandon Curran, Ian Fuller, Chris Gores, Dusty Hudock, Tim Karalexis, Kevin Nylen, Armando Romero, Luke Vercollone and Keith Wiggans

There are a few more in the wings waiting for clearence from the USL from what I've heard too.

So far Omar Daley has departed to Bradford City and Gavin Glinton to the LA Galaxy.

going to Ask the Mods to Sticky this one.

2. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Has anyone seen the team training this winter? I am curious about a rumor I heard about one of the Menace's former players "hanging about". Anyone heard of Chris Hamburger?

3. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, but there is a trial this weekend.

4. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    FYI, I asked the question due to a post in the Menace 2007 Season thread. Check out one of the last posts, I can tell you that the person who posted the post in question IS in the know with Chris, and would know if he has been training with the Battery.

Hamburger was drafted last year by the Wizards, but did not stick due to injury. He came back and played with us again last summer, I do remember those within the Menace organization telling me that the Battery were interested in him (and a couple other players) after the 2005 USOC game in DSM.

5. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our 3rd and last set of trials started yesterday, I went by for a few minutes. A roster was being passed around and his name wasn't on the list, but if the Battery have seen him play and know enough about him, he probably wouldn't have to try-out.

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris was at the Jan trials.

he is definately a good prospect

7. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Thanks, MM. He is a grat player, and would really be someone your fan base would like. Hard working, blue collar player....he'll be upset with me, but this is a great video to give you an idea about his personality. Sorry, Chris!

http://www.kcci.com/video/5147489/detail.html

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats great! always good to get a little dirt for some friendly ribbing of a player.

He contacted me before the trials in Jan with a few local questions and the like. Unfortuantely I was still out of the country whduring the Jan trials and didnt get to see him then. The Battery offten will bring back prospective players from the trials (and else where) to play during the preseason so ill keep an eye out for him

mikey

9. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Mike and Mark last night at the QAR and they said, there were 49 trialist, plus some guys on invitation and ex-MLS guys looking for jobs. As for international spots, he has 3 filled and is maybe lookng for 2-3 more, but not the limit, which I think is 7.

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    went to the trials this Afternoon and it is a full four teams. only saw on match but there were a couple players that stood out. there is a session starting at 9AM and I will try to get a list of the players then and see how the other two teams look.

11. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hoepfully, there will be some additions this week.

12. dishman07

dishman07 New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Omaha Ne
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Louie Rolko has just signed for the Battery...It is posted on the Sioux Falls Spitfire PDL team's website.....good for him....is he that good???

13. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're asking one of us?:confused:

14. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I posted this in some other forum after watching him at the trials

I dont think he will become our star midfileder this year but he seemed promising

mikey

15. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you guys will be suprise with Louie's ability to control the ball and spread the ball around the park. He has all the tools to be a great player. He may need some time to get back into the swing of thing since its tough to find competitive games in the winter in ohio.

16. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin Nylen broke his leg during the first 20 minutes of practice yesterday.

17. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee had a pretty solid Cup showing. Funny how at 6-1 he is one of the smallest guys in the back line.

I think Gores was playing with about 85% mobility and think it will come back to him as well. Surprised to see Jordie Huges on the back line v. Toronto but he didnt do too bad, at least it gives us some options. Get back Kevin, and with Lexis, Catalano, Corcoran and a couple others its very deep come mid season.

Defensively I think the Battery will be sound, The mid is starting to take shape, Vercollone, Bennett, Armstrong, Lazo. I know Fuller has been playing attacking midfield but I would like to see Alvarez in that position. but it gives us soem options. Rolko had a good showing as well and I hope he gets signed too.

Up top is still the enigma, its tough to see how the forwards will do when playing against guys from MLS. Sterling reminded me of Simmonds not enough off the ball, but he did score the only goal of the tournament and if he can do that every week I guess he isa keeper. Arron King had soem nice momments as well would mind seeing some more of him. I would love to see a known striker come in but I dont know where they are going to come from.

should be a pretty good year.

mikey

20. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know they were talking to a couple of Va. Beach players and no, not Simmonds

21. SCTwinTown

SCTwinTown New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I saw that Michael Todd played with the Battery against Toronto FC, is he on the team or no?

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he hasn't been officially announced but he did play in a preseason match last night. sounds like he played about half the game.

got any info on this guy?

23. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. SCTwinTown

SCTwinTown New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    He was with the Southhampton Surf of New York for a spell in the American Indoor Soccer League this past winter.