04/11: Sky Blue v Gold Pride, 7:45 ET

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by MasterShake29, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be the final game at TD Bank Park in Bridgewater before the move to Yurcak Field at Rutgers in Piscataway.

Anyone know Rampone's status?

2. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
  3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doh! I meant to put the (R). Oops.

The club name is a nickname, so sure, Blues, or maybe something crazy like Sky Blues, works just fine. :)

4. WPSFansGameDay

WPSFansGameDay New Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Join the group WPSFansGameDay on Twitter. It's by fans for fans. If you go to the game and can twitter from your mobile phone then you can send the group a direct message about what you are seeing. It's a play by play from the perspective of the fans in the stadium.

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 04/11: Sky Blue v Gold Pride, 7:45 ET (R)

Result:

Sky Blue 1-1 Gold Pride

O'Reilly 76'; Dew 33'

Attendance: 2,700+

6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Pia was visiting. I thought Sky Blue played the better game. Barney was good in goal for the Pride. I was impressed with Sitch and Parkers play. We miss Rampone and she will only make us better. Bardsley did well especially against Sinclair. O'Reilly was her speed burner self, Captain, and MVP. Kia also made some nice runs.

9. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a photo that seemed to indicate you have a shirt sponsor now. Is this right?

10. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Yes. St. Peter's University Healthcare Systems. The team has always had a good relationship with the healthcare industry.

11. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. I knew the W-League incarnation did, so, glad to hear that's continuing.

12. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple concerns:

The stadium announcer seemingly randomly tried play by play. Not good. I'm not sure if he was a Sky Blue or Patriots employee.

Someone thought to try the chant "Sky Who? Sky Blue!". No, I'm not kidding. I swear. I cringed.

Yes, the atmosphere wasn't the greatest. Part of that might have been the stadium (which they won't be using anymore), part is that much of the crowd (the seven year old girls) don't care, part of it is it's a new thing for many, part of it is they discourage negative chanting. You have to trust it will get there in time. Stupid chants and slogans won't do it.

Also, the national anthem was played with the players in the locker room. That's not common, is it?

On the other hand, the pitch looked great for a baseball stadium, and getting to and from was a breeze. Let's see what they can do at Rutgers.

13. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Yes, it was very baseball-esk with the Sky Who? chant. From what I could tell there were many more people laughing at it then participating. The sketchiness of the soccer background of the PA guy has to do with the fact that he is a Somerset Patriots guy, so his background is baseball.