04/11: Sky Blue v Chicago (WPS Season/Home Opener), 6 ET, FSC [R]

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by MasterShake29, Apr 11, 2010.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Blue kick off their title defense at home in Piscataway against Chicago.

New Jersey pro teams are 1-0 against Chicago teams in their home openers, so hopefully SB can keep up the trend.

Game is on at 6:00 ET on FSC (in HD?).

Official preview here.

2. Garrettt

Garrettt Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Canton, GA
    Looking forward to how FSC handles the broadcast. Hope its a great game.

3. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
  4. StarDust

StarDust Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Club:
    FCR 2001 Duisburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "You may not be able to access this event in your region."

So no more webcast for the people outside of the US?

5. tripsgirl

tripsgirl New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Can we put up links for the game???
    The one from WPS site is jumpy and i found a better one if you want it...

6. StarDust

StarDust Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Club:
    FCR 2001 Duisburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't know, but if you want to you can also send a pm with the link.

7. tripsgirl

tripsgirl New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Did you want the link???

8. StarDust

StarDust Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Club:
    FCR 2001 Duisburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes please

9. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    1-0 at the half.

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FULL TIME Sky Blue 1-0 Chicago

For anyone who watched with FSC HD, was the game indeed in HD?

Attendance: 4,440.

11. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt look like HD to me.. but then again that isnt saying much when its FSC.

12. McDude

McDude New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Watched the game tonight after recording it. Sky Blue looked very strong and crisp out of the gate but not so good as game went on, what happened?

HAO played well for SB and defense seemed pretty good most of the night but MF very inconsistent. Kai very strong in first half, then disappeared from game....not wild about her dive in 2H either after the collision.

If Cristiane for Chicago finishes one of her 3 great scoring chances (looked like she was hesitant to take shot with her right foot), then perhaps different game. What a waste of corner kicks by Chicago, how many did they have?

But a win is a win and three points for SB today.

13. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I don't think the game was in HD. The EPL game that came on next on the same channel looked like HD to me.

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to SBFC on the win. Definitely a lot of positives to take from the game. Some not so great things to learn from, too.

As for the FSC coverage, first, the obligatory I am glad they broadcast the game at all caveat. I am very glad that there is a designated timeslot & there were some cute ads (I like the one w/ Kai & the kid copying her volley on the bed). FSC, thank you for your support of WPS.

Now, to the meat of the matter. The camera work was horrific. Both of my parents (65+ yrs) watched w/ me and had we been drinking we would have been motion sick by halftime. As it was we just dazed by the end. WTF was with the zoomed in view where you can't see more than about three feet around the ball? There was no way to see runs off the ball or check offsides calls or you know, see the soccer game. Instead, we got a "follow the bouncing ball" show. Hell, sometimes you couldn't even see the head of the players around the ball is was so zoomed in (and not on a close up replay). WTF? When my folks suggest a call-in/email campaign to the broadcaster, you know it sucked.

There was one replay of the goal at the end of the game from a wide enough perspective actually see the majority of the width of the field. So I know a wider view of the field was possible. FSC just didn't freaking use it. The primary view we got was the zoom in crap.

SBGM, I know you come to these forums, please do what you can to get WPS folks to have a chat (or three) w/ the FSC camera operators. Because the game was almost unwatchable. How can I get friends/other family to watch something so bad? These are low hanging fruit casual soccer fans, too.

As I said in the attendance thread, a good number, particularly when compared to last season's attendance figures. I hope the win & positive game day experience encourages other NJ area folks to attend the game.

15. FreeKicks

FreeKicks New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars

I thought it was just me having trouble watching it, my eyes were killing by the end of it.

16. jerseysoccer09

jerseysoccer09 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Experience attending the game was PERFECT! Despite the high attendance numbers, it was really easy getting in and out of the stadium. I bought season tickets, but actually never even went to my seat. The Blue Moon beer garden was not well known at first (until it was announced at halftime), and so we were able to stand right at the fence line at the corner of the field, which was great for watching the first half SB attack. I ran into a few coaches from my college years, and everyone was just happy and social.

Congrats to the SBFC team for being really responsive to fans and overall creating a great atmosphere at the game. I definitely felt like it was a more diverse crowd than at the games I attended last year, and buying a season ticket is great because they assign an account rep that addressed any questions I had - including getting me 3 last tickets to the game so that my friends could sit near me (which didn't matter i guess since we never made it to the seats!).

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad you had a great game day experience. I definitely hope you spread the word w/ your friends about the great time to be had so even more people come out to games. But some of us don't live near a WPS city so we rely upon FSC and webcasts to be able to watch games.

SBGM, please do what you can to get word to the FSC camera operators so they improve their work product. Thanks.

18. jerseysoccer09

jerseysoccer09 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Just watched the FSC broadcast, and I see what you mean. Also noticed that the camera shaking increased when the fans got excited.

19. lili13

lili13 New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Mexico
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    StarDust
    BigSoccer Member

"You may not be able to access this event in your region."
    So no more webcast for the people outside of the US?

yea......that´s suck´s, i´m from mexico...