Post-match: 04/11 7:30pm Dynamo vs New York Red Bulls [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Apr 11, 2009.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Here is an interesting link. Based on last year's numbers; we had the third oldest team in MLS history. So while I don't think and average age of 28 is old per se; we certainly are one of the oldest in the league.
    http://usasoccer.blogspot.com/2009/03/mls-team-ages.html

Whether it is age or not I think we have two issues right now:

1) A true number 10 in the middle as mentioned above
    2) and lack of speed on the outside as it compares to some other teams. Consider that BM is our fastest player on the outside of the 4 starters at wingback or mid.

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Nice article....repped.

I like this interesting quote regarding Houston LAST season.."55% of their minutes went to players over the age of 30...probably the highest of any team in league history"....since then only DeRo of the over 30 lot has left....

Seems like Boomer was a year early in his prediction.....this is, indeed a young mans game and an average age near 29 is not "young"... Houston peaked 2 years ago

you lot are fcuked.

3. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I grant you that in regards to the age of the players, we are not half as fcuked as your organization and the bumbling imbeciles that continue to set new standards on how not to manage a Club: be it with Players, Coaches or Fans. And that is coming from someone whose Hometown Team in Germany has worked very hard at setting some of those standards as well...

I personally hope Jr. manages to move across the pond as he has a lot that he can bring to a team, time will tell.

4. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This time I have read all of the posts.This time I have read all of the posts.

My opinion of the match and team in order of how pissed off I am.
    1a.The pitch sucks mooseknobs.
    1b. We have got to get someone in the middle of midfield to control and direct the attack.Distribution of the ball is horrible IMO.
    2.How many blocked crosses can happen in one professional soccer match?
    3.Im sorry but Kamara is playing with his back to goal most of the time.Every possession.We already have that in Ching.We need a fast striker with ability to get behind the defense WITHOUT ALWAYS BEING OFFSIDE!!!!!!
    4.No matter Ashe's lack of a right foot[which i totally agree with] he has to start next match. His speed is essential in stretching the defense.If he had more playing time maybe he would find a right foot.
    5.Holden is a wide player .I dont care who has to go.Holden needs to be playing outside serving the ball and cutting in when its there for the taking.
    6.We are slow.We are very slow.Our team is slow.We have a slow team.
    7.Barrett did a good job.He attacked Richards and gave him no time on the ball for the most part.His approach was smart IMO.
    8.Our passing is poor.Even tho the pitch is partly to blame.
    9.Our finishing is even poorer.Noone at the right place at the right time,ever.
    this is 180 minutes without a goal.
    10.As I keep saying the league is catching up with us.Our players who helped us win two cups are all making more money now than then.This is limiting us in capspace[I hate the cap but understand].It is time for the front office to do something.We need IMHO to do what is needed to acquire a DP central midfielder who can creatively distribute the ball to our scoring threats as well as score himself.Adi says in an interview there are alot of players in England who want to come to MLS because of the noteriety gained by Becks.[He really did say that].Lets go find a steering wheel for our team.I would prefer it be a Mexican or South American for logistical and attendance reasons but at this point I dont care if he is from Somalia as long as he can pass the freaking ball to someone at the right time.And create some scoring chances.

I love this team.I want to win.We will not win the cup with this team.Isnt winning the cup the objective.Does anyone really believe we can win the MLS Cup with the team we have right now?IF not then we have to do something about it F.O.Adi better be a game changing stud because it looks like that is all the help we are going to get before the deadline.

comeonyoudynamocomeonyougoalscoreresandmidfielders!!!!!

5. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Blanco is there for the taking if we act smartly and quickly IMO.

Chicago is deep.He says this is his last year there.

Why not get something for him before he leaves ?

We should give them a young player with potential or an experienced player who fills a need and get Blanco.He would make our team so much better immediately.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOnstadxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MullanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBozxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCameronxxxxxxxxxxxxxMullrooneyxx

HoldenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRicoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAshe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBlancoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxChingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAdixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Game Over ..........We win.

6. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unreal.

I was waiting to get to the end of the thread to mention him and you beat me to it.

Unfortunately I can't give you rep.

Too much to say about the game ... so I'll just save you all the time.

7. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    on a sidenote-RB cut Duffy today. 1 appearance and 82 shutout minutes and you get cut two days later. Typical f#$%@ing Metro.

8. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, you really ought to do a little research before you but pen to paper (so to speak). Not only are you coming dangerously close to pissing off the karma gods in much the same way boomersooner did, but you are pretty much...well...you're pretty much an idiot.

Let's compare some numbers, shall we?

The number of Houston field players who have played this season and are 30 or over ....4.

The number of Dallas field players who have played this season and are 30 or over...5.

Thus far, percentage of minutes played by Houston players 30 or over...35.2%

Thus far, percentage of minutes played by Dallas players 30 or over...38.2%

(I have left off GKs because let's face it...who gives a shit if your goalie is old. In any case, both Dallas and Houston have goalies well over 30 so it wouldn't have much affect on the numbers.)

So if Houston is "fcuked" because of our old age, Dallas must be extremely "fcuked" as well...and that's saying nothing of the complete incompetence of the Dallas FO or the fact that Dallas can't seem to draw more than 7,000 people to watch a game of soccer which makes Dallas truly and completely "fcuked".

Of course, the addition of Akinbiyi will probably raise our percentage but there's no way of knowing exactly how much (many of Akinbiyi's minutes will be at the expense of Ching when he is away with the NT so it's a wash in regards to these numbers) and in any case, it won't raise it to a level that is a whole lot more than Dallas'. I mean my God, a fan of a team that employs both Dave Van den Bergh AND Pablo Richetti has the nerve to come over here and claim MY team is old? Please.

Long story short...you're entire premise is flawed and you don't know what you're talking about.

9. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A small combo of game and TA pictures are posted on the Texian Army web site and MyDynamo.

The larger collection will still be posted on my Flickr account.

Set

No Bull
    [​IMG]

Cepero's down
    [​IMG]

Chabala's red card reaction
    [​IMG]

10. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Just a bit of correction: the term should be "proper fcuked". As in "you mean FC Dallas is fcuked!" "You mean 'proper' fcuked?" "Yes, Tommy... before "ze germans" get there".

here is an example of it being employed:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0_sL5AAVQ"]Proper Fcuked[/ame]
    :D

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

You don't need a very old player who just can't run anymore....there is a reason he sits on the bench for Chicago....he just cannot do it anymore.

As far as the other posters points: I am comparing Houston this season to the teams who had a lot of success 2-3 years ago.....not to FCD who we all know are totally f'd up and have been for awhile now.

Houston is too old and adding Blanco won't help a single bit.

You lot are fcuked.

FCD has been fcuked for some time.

12. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No argument from me on that one!! :D

13. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Houston is too old now even though they are younger now (at least thus far) than they were in 2008. Got it.

14. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Blanco has been on the bench because he has been hurt.

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    He's past it.

16. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with you on the tackle. It was purely a "get control of the game" card biased more on the result then the intent or even sloppiness. However, saying that I felt a yellow was the most deserved color so the ref was only off by one...

17. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, me too...

Hey! Those passes to nobody were the usual run of play from DeRo, so that means we're doing great now.

After looking at our options, I feel like the best use of Cameron would be RB. It keeps Mullan on the field and lets Geoff use his defensive skill while going forward as needed. Not that Mulroney is a bad RB, but he gets the happy feet way more then I'm comfortable with in a defender and his switching passes have been weak lately (maybe a benching will put some sauce back on them).