04/05 Season Review DVD

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DougG_ATL, Jul 14, 2005.

1. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, have any of you North American Gooners bought the 04/05 Season Review DVD? It's Region 0, but you've gotta have a set that will handle a PAL signal.

I'm about to buy it off Amazon.co.uk, where I can get it for a fraction of the price the Arsenal shop is selling it for (with cheaper shipping, too).

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    th14....you were reading my mind. I know Arsenal were "only" able to lift the FA Cup, but I still am interested in this season in review. Too bad, I don't have a multi-region DVD player.....RATS!

3. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Some DVD players convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa automatically now...

If you're looking for a cheap Multi-Region player I suggest the Phillips DVP642. You can pick it up for about $70 bucks and it'll play any Arsenal DVD ever produced... alonged with erm, Downloaded games, match of the day and such.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I got my DVD player about 3-4 years ago and I have tried PAL dvds on it....they don't work. I would rather spend the $70 on a new Arsenal kit...maybe someone here can convert a PAL dvd to NTSC?

Thanks for the info.

5. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a nice Pioneer progressive scan player that converts nicely. I had no problems viewing the Highbury DVD that came with the membership package. I got the disc from Amazon.co.uk for £14.99 TOTAL.

Arsenal's shop charges £18.99 PLUS the ridiculous shipping that would have you paying over $50 US for a friggin' DVD.

They could get so much more business with a more reasonable shippings scheme. It does not cost £20 to ship a DVD or shirt to the US. That's absolutely ludicrous. I'd be glad to support the club's shop if they'd give me reason to.

6. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a quick update to this older thread...I got the 04/05 season review DVD in and it's BEAUTIFUL. Had no problems with the disc at all...it's Region 0, so no issues with that and it's in 16x9 anamorphic widescreen. Lots of film footage of the games, so the video is more crisp than you could imagine.

It's 2 hours of highlights from this past season and worth every penny.

7. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doug, just to clarify, you're able to play this disc on your Region 1 player?

President Mike - previously known as arsenalfan

8. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike-
    I had no problems on my Pioneer DV-578A. It is a $200 progressive scan player that I bought at Circuit City. Far from anything high-end and it worked beautifully.

To check the specs of your player vs. mine, go to Pioneer's site for the player.

I bought mine through Amazon.co.uk and paid less than $20 US after shipping.

9. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sounds like a plan -thanks buddy.