03/01: Luxembourg - Belgium

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by gerby, Jan 26, 2006.

1. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    hehe it was stupid..belgium was just getting better!

2. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I saw that on livescore.com, I'm assuming it was because of the weather?

3. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    heavy snowfall..

4. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    Yes, 10 cm in 20 minutes...

5. urubelga

urubelga New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Montevideo
    what are your thoughts about the new guys?
    I've read that Vermaelen did quite a good job.

6. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    Vermaelen was very good, but I didn't like Gil Swerts. But the circumstances were not good...

7. urubelga

urubelga New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Montevideo
    You're right. Hard to judge, they won't be playing many games on the snow.
    Anyway, the right side of the field seems to be a problem, don't you think?
    In defense, Vandenborre doesn't seems ready for the role but without Deflandre there aren't many other options left.
    And in the midfield lays a real problem. Can Swerts solve it? I haven't seen him play (not many dutch games on TV in Uruguay) but, according to Vitesse's record, he isn't playing for a really good Eridivise team.

8. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    I don't think that Swerts can solve the problem. Perhaps Vanden Borre in Midfield :confused: Or Messoudi??? or Defour???

9. urubelga

urubelga New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Montevideo
    Do you guys think that the 3-5-2 system will be the recurring formation?
    Even in that case I think that Vanden Borre isn't ready yet. He really wasn't up to par in the key game against Spain.
    But he is young, and that is why is ok to wait for him.

10. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Vandereycken isn't very likely to play in 3-5-2, 4-4-2 is the most probable formation. I disagree with you, vandenborre is the most capable player belgium can put on that position, attacking backs who can control the whole flank, that's modern football (abidal,cafu,eboue,...).
    Vandenborre's matches are mostly very good, his style of playing is just wonderfull, but he has 1 bad match every 4 matches. And it can be very bad, it's a shame. Maybe he isn't that strong mentally, he's still pretty young, and in december he started crying cause he was substituted for playing bad.
    I can't believe he doesn't have a starting position at anderlecht, zewlakow just fails to delivere almost EVERYTIME, and he's off to olympiakos, so why would you let him play ??
    Vandenborre isn't as good as kompany, he also lacks the brains, but he can get to a club that exceeds anderlecht's level (which is high :p )

11. urubelga

urubelga New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Montevideo
    Let's star with the basics: is Vandenborre or Vanden Borre? :)

According to the what i've read, Zewlakow is on the way out, heading to Olympiakos after this season. That would give VBorre (waiting for call on the spelling) his place with the regular starters.
    Anyway, if Vandereycken will go with a 4-4-2, he would have to find someone to play ahead (or behind) the youngster on the right of the field.
    I like Defour chances, as O-side suggested. He's drawn interest from some top european teams, but he should stay with Genk a little more instead of getting buried in the bench of Barcelona or Chelsea. I don't know what could be his chances in Ajax.

12. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    let's not hype defour too much.
    Barcelona or Chelsea : those teams are way too good.
    Ajax, Hamburg, Aston Villa, Schalke,... those are the teams he should be aiming at.
    btw, it's Vanden Borre

13. urubelga

urubelga New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Montevideo
  14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    hi there!
    I remember reading last year that Standard's Tchite was being considered to play for Belgium...I was just wondering if he ever made the decision on that? (considering he could also play for Burundi and Congo).
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Metro

15. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I think he hasn't decided yet. He can also play for Rwanda, but I think he prefers the Red Devils.