€'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: €'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Th

From my extensive research (transfermarkt and wikipedia) the only European football experience he has is on the playstation.

It's irrelevant seeing how SPFC sold Breno for about as much (some of the posts on the Bayern forum that time should be nominated for the golden bigsoccer awards, thinking they got themselves a bargain). :D.

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Re: €'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Th

FC Porto paid 9.5M€ for a left back and 12.5M€ for a right back. Both brazilian and U20.

Don't complain. Porto started a precedent so it's no longer crazy. It's the standard price these days.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Good then lets pay 100M for Neymar because FC Porto set a precedent.

4. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal

Blame Santos. Or Pinto da Costa.

It doesn't matter.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

We paid good money for Gago and Higuain as well.

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

São Paulo refused an offer of 14 ME from Inter. I think his buyout is 40 million (don't remember if dollars or euros).
    He is very talented, scores goals and is good in the air. However, he isn't even on the senior NT yet and is not worth that kind of money. I think he barely has one year as a professional footballer.

edit: I checked some sites and the release clause is reported as 30 or 40 million euros...

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Can't blame these Brazilian teams, they see all those Euros and they want 'em... God knows any of us would want the best deal possible.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Plus, according to Santos president, they now have so much money they could sign Ronaldo and Messi like *this* if they would really want to. Ha! Ha! Our Euro's can't impress them any more! :D

9. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

One of the most reliable brazilian pundits published an article today (or yesterday) saying that he saw with his own eyes a fax from Real Madrid to Santos. The document contained the offer of Neymar's full release clause, but the player refused to move now.

The article is on espn.com.br and the journalist is PVC (Paulo Vinicius Coelho), if anyone is interested. It's main subject is about how top young players remaining in Brazil is good for the brazilian league, but worse for the NT, because the players take longer to develop.

10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I don't see this day ever coming, but I think Brazil will, in the near future, concentrate the south american talent and only the top players will move to europe.
    Something like Tevez going from Boca to Corinthians and then West Ham :)rolleyes:).

I also think some aged europeans will start playing in Brazil, like Seedorf almost did.

And this crap of losing good players to Turkey, Ukraine and Russia has to end.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

About the first part, i think there will still be a lot of Brazilians playing in Europe, mostly, because teams can get rid of their "not so good" players for more money when they sell them to naive european agents instead of inside the market.

About the second part i agree. It doesn't help the players at all really.

12. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Sure, the best players of south america will still go to Europe, but I think a good part of them will play in Brazil first.

13. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC

Fax????? £80M on Ronaldo but Madrid won't upgrade to e_mail?

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

All transfer offers and contract transmissions are made by fax, on every level. A fax is more official document, since you can put your signature on it.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  16. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

If there's any player we should snatch from the Brazil U20 team it has to be Countinho. Too bad he's contracted to Inter.

17. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Really? He is the least ready player for professional level of them all, IMO.

18. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Falcao and Hulk get the acclaim but Guarin can ball.

19. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Totenham have made the first offer for Lass but it was rejected:
    http://www.marca.com/2011/08/10/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1312954873.html

Doesn't say how much they offered.

Asharvin says he would never play for Real madrid because he is a Barcelona fan:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_...adrid-admirador-fc-barcelona-entrevista-rusia

^Dont think it will go too well with Arsenal fans.

Neymar on his statements that he made:
    http://www.defensacentral.com/real_madrid/60680/real-madrid-fichajes-neymar-entrevista-marca-guino

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

Meh, I doubt Arsenal fans care. He's flirted with Barca before and after he joined their club.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Arshavin's so over the hill that his statement doesn't even deserve a bitchslap reply in return to be honest.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He should have just said: "I'll never play for Real Madrid because I'm not good enough -- even if I offered to play for free."

23. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Lol, good one :p
    BTW, I have to spread :(

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

I'll take Nasri off their hands though. :p

25. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid