€'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If you won't sell out for the €'s, you'll definitely give it up for the right amount of "values".

Just to finish up my comments about the Santos-Flamengo match, Neymar played very well, Ganso did too. Rooster Tail had a nice overhead assist, drew a penalty (Elano got psyched out by some Flamengo player and missed) and scored two nice goals. He was outdone however by Ronaldinho who had a monster game, which Flamengo ended up winning.

Yes, he looks great; he always had. The point is the pressure has increased so much due to this Aguero situation, Marca/AS constant cover page stories and Floren's obsession. It isn't the right atmosphere to bring such a young and delicate talent. Will it happen? Probably, because Floren is a megalomaniac who must have his way even if it means he'll spite his face. Why I say that? This kid next year will be more mature; he's already shown way more maturity (in terms of respect to his club in regards to transfer) than Robinho (and Aguero) and he's not even near their ages at the time they've desired out). In another year, more confidence and physical growth will occur as well.

If we rush things and force him to come now, the media and fans will be waiting for him to fail and if he makes one mistake they'll try to eat him alive for it. He can't handle that kind of beast right now and it may be best that this whole "storm" kind of dies out a bit.

Than again, we could bring him, he could turn into Pele from day one, the media could love him for that, the fans could forget Floren is repeating some mistakes, we could go on to win the treble and everybody will be super happy. If one thing we regulars all know is that one can never say nunca, nunca, nunca! :D

2. Epic Movements

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: €'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Th

Im kinda hoping we dont get neymar. I like how santos is now claiming he is staying 100%.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: €'s No Good? What About 45 Million Other "Values" In Life? - Madrid Transfers & Rooster Tails Th

Manchester City should just give us Adebayor for free, and we're all set.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Santos - Flamengo highlights and goals:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhelwDRKqhY"]‪27-07-2011 Flamengo 5x4 Santos All Goals‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Ronaldinho freekick was, niiiiiceeee :D.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I am putting my money on Neymar coming in January.

Floro wants him now and is trying his best, but don't think Santos would budge and Neymar also seems to want to play in CWC. They sold Danilo to Porto for 13 ME, but he's also gonna join them in January after CWC.

Good thing was that Copa result didn't seem to have affected him at all and recovered from the loss well even though there was immense pressure on him before the tournament. Not crumbling in tough situations is a good sign when you're going to join Madrid. :D

6. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm a big fan of Neymar and I'd love to see him in a Real Madrid jersey, but I agree with YS that he's not ready for us just yet. Give him another year to grow at Santos and he might be true world-class by then. It seems like we won't get him this summer, since the kid would like to remain until at least after the Club World Cup (which gives me a positive impression about his character, seems like he's more mature than most people claim). I hope he remains at Santos for the time being. It's in his (and probably our) best interest.

As for Aguero, I'm glad we didn't get him. Great player, who I rate slightly higher than Higuain and Benzema. The difference between the three, however, is so minimal that he isn't worth the 45 million plus taxation Atletico was demanding. I understand some of you are disappointed, but I think it's quite naive to think Aguero is some kind of messiah who would have been the difference between winning the treble and ending the season empty-handed.

We currently have two superb strikers in Benz and Higuain. Let's just get Adebayor (at a discount price and with his wages cut, naturally) and give Morata some play time as our fourth striker.

Just my two cents :)

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

If he's already outshining teams like that, how much can he grow there? Only thing he can become at this point is complacent and arrogant, thinking that everybody around the world thinks defending is best done in private with the lights out.

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

^Strongly agree with the points in bold.

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I know lot's of people who watch him believe he needs to grow but I'm not so sure that's the reason the player wants to delay the transfer 6 months or a year. Doesn't he want to play in this highly coveted club world cup? The Spanish supercup is worth more given that more than one good team will compete it.

10. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The CWC apparently is a big deal for South American teams. I think that's the main reason Neymar doesn't want to leave this summer.

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

Obviously you don't really understand as much as you think if this is what you're reading into the disappointment of who supported Aguero's signing and I think the other three charter members of the Aguero Fan Club would agree with me.

12. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Indeed. He forgot to mention that he would single-single-handedly guide is to the super-cup in a few weeks. He has already beat Barca 4-2 after all. :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/27/sergio-aguero-manchester-city

Sid's take on him leaving.

13. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

From what I understand you're disappointed because Floren seems to be prefering the more marketable Neymar over the currently more skilled Aguero. Or am I mistaking?

14. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm annoyed because he's a sensational player who's attributes and skills would just so happen to play to our strengths enormously. His crazy speed, skill and ability to make something from nothing would be huge in the decisive games against Barcelona. I don't think Higuain or Benzema can provide us with that. All this and he's just turned 23. Not forgetting of course that he's far and away the best player of our cross-city rivals.

15. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

That last part seems to be a big reason why he's signed for City instead of us.

16. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Exactly so it would be hilarious to see how angry they would be seeing him line up in all white.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Just saw the Neymar highlights. Plyka was right ... I have seen the light! Sign him now!!

If only we had a someone that can convince him to join us. WAIT! I see someone. He is vacationing in Ibiza but will be in Brazil for the 2014 qualifiers draw on Saturday. Look... there he is:

[​IMG]

Deliver him to us oh great Ronaldo!!

18. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Looks like he's found his peak physical condition.

19. Epic Movements

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

^^^
    My god thats big, what his medical condition again? Something about metabolism, I can't remember.

20. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Hypothyroidism.

21. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

In a sense yes but how you took it to the next level and concluded that meant I (or anyone) thought Aguero would be the difference between a treble winning season and nothing at all is beyond me. If we are going to spend 45 ME on a striker anyway with the idea of improving our team now and for the long-term why would we pass on Aguero? His upside is just as promising and I'd dare say that Aguero is closer to being WPOTY than Neymar now and for the forseeable future by a country mile.

And while I am disappointed I have said many times that even without Aguero I am more than excited about this team as it currently constructed and despite the protests of others I expect bigger and better things from them then last season.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

WOW!!!!!

I understand that Sid works for a british paper and he kinda has to make a big deal of the biggest summer transfer by a british team but what the feck???

He makes Aguero sounds like a Di Stefano and Ronaldo hybrid. Hyperbole at its worst/best.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

The Transfer Muppet of the Summer 2011 award ranking update.

10 posts or more in a thread qualify you as a muppet.

Mymy33 (58)(61)(49)(35)(31)(44)(27) = 305
    Alma (25)(28)(31)(39)41)(30)(40) = 234
    YS87 (24)(22)(36)(35)(38)(33)(38) = 226
    Raven (28)(25)(17)(26)(18)(15)(23) = 152

4x4s (12)(11)(22)(12)(16)(26)(16) = 115
    Shay (16)(22)(18)(13)(24) = 93
    Zidane05 (15)(16)(15)(17)(29) = 92
    Halamadrid00 (21)(18)(36) = 75
    Natenatenate (15)(11)(14)(22)(10) = 73
    Kewyork (32)(29)(11) = 72
    Plyka (10)(17)(15)(13)(15) = 70
    Akram (13)(19)(13)(15) = 60
    Libertao (16)(10)(17)(16) = 59
    Slowpokeking (50) = 50
    Madrid_1902 (11)(13)(21) = 45
    GRBomber (15)(26) = 41
    Demo (11)(18)(10) = 39
    9Qui (25)(12) = 37
    Crimson (24)(10) = 34
    Razingtonbear (10)(11)(10) = 31
    Complex23 (17)(13) = 30
    Umar (13)(14) = 27
    Oscar (11)(11) = 22
    AriGold (11)(10) = 21
    Dmar (18) = 18
    REALFOREVER (18) = 18
    Anon (15) = 15
    Benfica4life (15) = 15
    Raul 4 ever (14) = 14
    AA Balon (13) = 13
    Realmadrid43v (12) = 12
    Vector-SS (11) = 11
    Lostn (11) = 11
    Fifth Charm (11) = 11
    Blanc (11) = 11
    Babai here (10) = 10
    Epic Movements (10) = 10
    Zohee (10) = 10
    Nino (10) = 10
    Eddie (10) = 10

Things are the same at the top but YS and Alma have closed the gap just a bit after a strong showing in the previous thread. Their muppetry was impressive but not good enough to catch the korean uber muppet (mymy).

This round also saw the epic debut of Slowpokeking/Frankie. 50 posts!!! He's got great muppet potential. Watch out world, the Neymar of the muppet world has arrived.

This round Eddie has joined the loser rung right at the bottom. For the lulz Nino is no longer the biggest loser muppet. That title is Eddie's. For now.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

WTF is that :p? I must have missed something?

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

DAMN YOU!!! :p