€30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: €30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thr

I've never seen Neymar play one game that displayed his monstrous talent from start to finish. And from all the people being in awe of his talent, only those that live in Brazil could name fixtures where he was creating this hype.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: €30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thr

There is no doubt he has talent. But his biggest showings have been in the Paulista State Championship league which does have many weak teams and he also did pretty well in the Libertadores. Although the Libertadores, IMHO was very weak this year with many supposedly top teams being eliminated in the R16.

It's definitely a gamble. But I am pretty sure all interested teams have sent plenty of observers to see him play in the past year to asses his potential.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

All i'm saying is, for all the comments about his huge and extraterrestrial talent, almost nobody has seen much of it, besides his coaches, and people from Brazil, and i'm getting a bit tired of hearing from random people how immense his talent is, when i know they've seen as much as i do, and the matches i've seen are barely anything to do any backflips about.

4. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

I see the Aguero rumors have severely dwindled, I guess he's off to ManCity. Aguero > Neymar.

5. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Lame if true. I wanted Aguero...

6. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Neymar is in no way worth the 45 million Euro tag put on him. I seen him, currently as striker (from what I seen) is worth 15 million (max). His dribbling is what stands out, his positioning is shit (in comparison to Aguero or even Adebayor), his physicality is shit too. Other than his dribbling, he is fast, and can finish but that too he needs to work on. That potential tax of 30 million is not a gamble its irrational to pay.

As for Aguero if he signs, he would be good a signing, but I dont feel he is what we need. I believe we need a cheap third striker, or we can integrate either one of Joselu, Morata, or Callejon to play the striker role. Given one of them spans out well, then I would ecstatic, cause I love our academy product (Raul/Guti and Casillas/Arbs).

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Speak for yourself, some of us actually have watched a lot of him, have GolTV, use DVR and aren't too proud to use a steam when necessary. ;)

8. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

What I'm glad about is almost everyone here does not want Neymar for 45 mill. Sure he catches the eye with the occasional dribble and his lion king hair style, but from what I have seen of him ( admittedly not a lot ) I am not too impressed .

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Could you name three standout performances without using wikipedia?

10. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

At Sporting as a 16/17 year old trainers and coaches caught him in the gym at midnight or 1 in the morning training with weights attatched to his ankles etc, so yes.

11. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

young, most talented prospect on the market, huge marketing potential, 'brazilian hope' = 45Mil.

dont see what the fuss is about, the club should make that back in no time

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Yeah, like, everybody in the world knows Neymar right. Like, today somebody asked me if i bought my Neymar signature hairgel, but i didn't, because i only had enough money to pick up a podolski endorsed axe deodorant.

Plus, you can use his head as a brush. I figure with the amount of hairspray he uses it should be quite durable to get in between those tough to reach spots around the corner of the boots.

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Conetrao could play WBL and set Marcelo to the midfield like he once played in 2009-10, the 4312 style, worked very well against Barcelona.

14. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Here's an idea for kun. He should write on a napkin he is unhappy and post into Uncle Flo's letter box.

I think Kun needs to come out and just say he wants to play for us because right now the club seems to be leaning towards Neymar.

15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

We really don't need Aguero, Benzema is pretty similar to him, SS style, nice technique and good vision to create chances for teammates.

16. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

While I'm not really feeling this "deal" for Neymar I think some of ya'll are not giving him enough credit here. The 2011 Paulistao was where he really broke out and you can see him at his "best" against Corinthians in the final, he was pretty decent against Sao Paulo (despite his epic miss) as well. The entire season, overall though, he was very good and much of the time played with a poise and confidence which belied his young years.

Keep in mind also that this child at his tender age has played A LOT of football this season too. In addition to the Paulistao he's played in the Copa Libertadores, the South American U20 Championships, and with the full NT and now he will return to Santos to finish playing the Brasileiro so he could just be run down. Like him or not there aren't a lot of teenagers playing professional football at this high a level as "Rooster Head" and as the focal point of the team no less.

No way in hell he's worth 45 ME but some these criticisms being leveled at him are just silly. And saying he's only worth 15 ME just reeks of ignorance. I know the hype machine surrounding him is in overdrive right now but underneath it all there is a quality player with definite crack potential. Now all that being said, I'd still pass on signing his ass as I've maintained all along I think he would be better off going to another Club to cut his teeth with regards to European football and we can keep an eye on him.

17. 1jugador redded

1jugador redded Red Card

Jul 17, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm not so sure about his marketability either, but I read somewhere that he earns, from sponsors, commercials, image rights, and etc, approx. 4 million euro a year. ( His salary in Madrid was being discussed (5 million euro), and it was mentioned that in total he would earn 9 million euro = 4 million on his own ). That's quite a lot ( if true ).

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Can I name three standout performances of Higuain here? What about Cristiano? Benzema at Lyon? Ozil here or Bremen? Aguero at Atleti? Sahin?

Can't name a damn thing, I watch, I know. I don't record the games, dates, opposition and what not in my head. Sorry buddy.

19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

RM don't need a young player now, no time for him to grow. We have to beat Barca next season to avoid more pressure and worse environment.

20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006

What's strange is that there are practically zero rumors of Neymar or Aguero coming for anything less than their buyouts. Even with Coentrao there were some rumors of ~22 ME.

21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Why nobody care about Adebayor and Lass? I really hope they can stay next season, we can't rely the whole season on 1 holding midfielder and need a tower striker.

22. 1jugador redded

1jugador redded Red Card

Jul 17, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

While Adebayor contributes with something new, I don't really see how it's a necessity to have him here.

Lass wants to leave, why should we keep him here against his will, when we already have Xabi, Sahin, Granero, Altintop, Khedira, Coentrao, and if needed, Pepe?

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's good to have a tower striker.

Ok let's see
    Xabi and Sahin=Deep lying playmaker.
    Granero=MC with good technique.
    Altintop=right winger or WBR. He can play in the middle but horrible as a DMC
    Coentrao=left winger or WBL.
    Pepe=Our first choice central defender, move him to the midfield will weaken out defense line, especially against Barca since Aibol is not good at deal with small, fast strikers.

We cannot rely the whole season on 1 DMC.

24. 1jugador redded

1jugador redded Red Card

Jul 17, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's also good to have an Aguero or Neymar. Adebayor is probably our 3. choice in this matter, and can you blame us?

Did you watch the last Clasicos? Pepe was dominating those midgets, one of our best player in those matches.

Ramos is also better as an CB than RB (I think many will agree), and Arbeloa can easily handle the RB. Coentrao can also play the DM-position.

So we have our defensive midfielder in Khedira, and back-ups in Coentrao and Pepe.. Do we really need another one? If so, let it be a youngster -maybe from our own cantera?

25. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Aguero is good but his style is too close to Benzema like I said before, we don't really need him.
    Neymar I also said, he's too young and need time to develop.

Yes I did, Pepe was doing a good job but Aibol got owned badly by MVP combo. Defender/DMC is easy to get cards and unable to play in important matches, it's not wise to take a risk. If Lass must go then we have to buy 1 DMC.