What should the new Inferno Flag of Greatness look like?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Dec 2, 2004.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Express YOUR opinion at The Inferno's forums

(You don't necessarily have to be an Inferno member to answer this question, but we'd sure appreciate it if you were one. But you gotta at least be an FC Dallas fan. If you're not an FC Dallas fan, your opinion is pretty close to being worthless on this issue.)

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Choices.

Very nice of the FO to pony up the dough for a new flag.

Who says they hate The Inferno?

3. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Gosh, we are all the "HSG is so cheap" posts.

4. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If it may be red and white hoops, how about:

[​IMG]

with FCD logo in the middle?

El Chapulin Colorado

5. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas
    Quick thought,

If we use a Texas flag are there certain respect rules, we'd have to/should observe?

Like I know the American flag isn't suppose to touch the ground and should be folded a certain way. I don't know if Sam's Army follows these rules, but it's a consideration I think.

Anyway, my vote would be for a Texas Flag with the FCD logo instead of the star.

6. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texas Flag Code... BTW our "flag" is would not be an actual Texas State flag but rather a representation of the flag thus not persuant to code; furthermore, the Texas AG has his hand full w/ other matters but since you asked as long as the white is on top, the star on the left (from the sight side) we should be ok Texas Flage Code ->http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/GV/content/htm/gv.011.00.003100.00.htm#3100.051.00

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone think people would see it as a bit disrespectful to replace the lone star with something else? I know the lone star is basically the most prominent symbol of the state and the old Republic. Any thoughts? Am I being too sensitive here? I still think its the best option, by the way.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are mine? I am guessing - the flag costs $750 give or take?

I said it was nice. Its not a mid-field maestro from Argentina.

A good pair of cleats will cost you $175. Many of us could but a new flag by oursleves, no big deal.

I was more impressed by the gesture than the actual cost.

9. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Probably. Dallas Stars make a Black, white and green texas flag. I have seen US flags with crimson stripes (OU). As long as the flag is right-side up and not on fire, I think we are ok.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yea and at UNT we have a Texas flag with dark green instead of blue and light green instead of red. No one says much but then again Denton is a very liberal town.

11. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    someone always brings a red and white flag with the ou symbol where the stars go to the football games

12. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    In European international matches, you always see various national flags with either a club or town embroided on it. I always thought that was cool and was thinking that I want to get one done with the Texas flag and FC Dallas on it for World Cup '06. Might make for a nice Inferno banner too.

13. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are my thoughts, not that I am in the inferno.

I prefer the straight texas flag becasue the FCD logo is a little to compliated to replace the star.

If anything a FC Dallas on one of the color sections, with maybe an Inferno would be ok.

You might also wait for the terciary logos to come out. There might be something there that will work better.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buzz, we will always treat you just like one of us, even if you're not "officially" a member.

Mind you, that's not a universally good thing, but what can you do? :D

15. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would this be in addition to the old FOG, or replacing it?

Any idea why we are making a change? (Not saying I am necessarily against it - I'd just like to know why.)

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replacing it.

As for why we're replacing it, the big reason is that we're not red and black anymore. Besides, the front office is offering to buy us a new one.

17. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a really bad joke right? The Imperial Japanese Naval Flag as the FCD flag? Hell no.

18. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ah, yes, excellent counterpoint.... :rolleyes:

The only "why not" to me is that S**tection 8 of Chitcago also seems to use it.

El Chapulin Colorado

19. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    im sorry but what does FOG stand for?

20. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    flag of greatness
    *pats daniel on head*
    we're a little out of it tonight... its okay I thought DMB was Dave Matthew Band too @ first. :p

21. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize a decision had been made to change the Inferno colors....? When exactly was this discussed?

22. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know the Inferno had colors. The red and black FoG was because those were the team's colors, and those aren't the team's colors anymore.

23. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Chitcago uses it then the only thing I would use it for is to wipe my arse.

:D

24. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please.

This is OUR flag, right? To represent US. Our colors have been similar to the Burn's because we supported that team, but they were our colors.

I was under the distinct impression that The Inferno (name, colors, etc.) weren't going to change just because the team changed. Or, at the very least, that the changes would be minimal - and definitely that there would be a discussion about such things.

So, I ask again - did I miss a meeting?

25. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I know im still fairly new and there are many more valuable opinions than mine, but i dont think that changing the FOG that we use means were changing anything for FCD, I think that using a Texas flag is a better option than using the one we have now, or since the FO is buying us one, we could use the texas flag at times and the FOG at times for instance when FCD scores we use the FOG and while introductions are going on we use the Texas flag