Zoff Willing to lead FIGC

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Mazzy33, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Mazzy33

Mazzy33 New Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes, let's get someone who knows and understands the game and will work to make it better in charge instead of some political flunky who has more conflicts than what he was suppose to sweep.

3. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    It's a no brainer. Who is more qualified and just as importantly who is more respected.

Forza Zoff

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Now THIS would be a good move. I pray it comes to pass.

5. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    So do I. A former player is always a better option than some lawyer or politician.

6. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    That would be excellent!

Let's hope he gets the job.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And as logical as that sounds, the bizzarro world known as calcio Italiano will probably mean that it will not happen. I hope I am wrong.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    You are wrong. They got another lawyer to take over - albeit one with an interesting story. Luca Pancalli was paralyzed in a riding accident at age 17 and excelled in the Paralympics before heading up the Italian Paralympic Committee. We'll see.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep21c.html
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep21d.html

Gigi Riva is the vice commissioner - I guess that's a good thing since at least HE was a player, but I have a feeling that post could just be more ceremonial than anything.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sue - Actually I was right. They did not do the logical thing and pick Zoff. Hopefully he will run for the position when they establish elections next February/March. Pancalli will hold this post until 28 February.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Woops, that's what I MEANT to say .. that you were right when you were hoping you were wrong. Or something ... wasn't meaning to diss you. That's what I get for posting the news in a hurry (AND trying to be clever) before the daily rush to wake the household up and get everybody off to school and work.

11. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    well on the bright side, he was an athlete so hopefully he realizes the order the priority's should be.

12. Dieci10

Dieci10 New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Zoff leading the FIGC would be the best move they could make! Lets hope it happens!!

13. Mazzy33

Mazzy33 New Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess now we wait to February...