Zlatan makes himself impossible

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 19, 2004.

1. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    zlatan is a bit soft so he is just trying to show he isnt

btw i didnt see or hear about this until this post---is he getting a suspension or what now from the wcq games and is larsson still on the sweden team(i dont think he is)

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

wow... i'm glad you're not american because you would certainly vote for bush because he is a great leader and a compassionate conservative :rolleyes:

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you wouldnt have liked it jim, he was clearly out of sorts and out of control wednesday night

4. shaquille

shaquille New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Nederland

On 17 august there was a suspension after elbowing Konterman, and breaking his nose.

The media as well easily put it in the line of madness. And they are holding a list of incidents, nowadays called "The chronicles of a swedish elbow". http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=59547/contentid=62862/sc=42dcbe

You see in this article 3 pictures of the incident with Bronckhorst. I've seen the incident twice on video as well and I think it was avoidable.

5. SiempreDepor

SiempreDepor New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Sweden
    Would van Gaal and Koeman be this angry if Zlatan would have done the same thing against Italy for example?? I don't think so. From what I've heard Dutch people are very patriotic and subjective. Now take it easy... I don't say this as an insult or anything, being patriotic is absolutely okay and I think everyone should be, but when it's so much that it becomes pathetic something is wrong. Try to watch the situations while imagining a Dutch player doing what Zlatan did (not the Gio incident cause that one is too bad) ... would you think the same then??

Have you ever played football?? In these situations anything can happen. And believe me... if Zlatan really tried to kick Heitinga it would have been obvious and we wouldn't have to discuss it!
    And why is it unnatural btw?? I've seen it several times and all I can see is a clear foul from Heitinga(!) that makes Zlatan fall and he falls over Heitinga who gets hit by Zlatan's foot. No unnatural move, just a simple fall.

6. masterbeat

masterbeat New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Holland
    Have you ever played football?? In these situations anything can happen. And believe me... if Zlatan really tried to kick Heitinga it would have been obvious and we wouldn't have to discuss it!
    And why is it unnatural btw?? I've seen it several times and all I can see is a clear foul from Heitinga(!) that makes Zlatan fall and he falls over Heitinga who gets hit by Zlatan's foot. No unnatural move, just a simple fall.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that. Soccer is a game for the men, not for the "mietjes". I personally is a huge fan of the dutch "totaalvoetbal", first introduced in the year 1974-worldcup by Rinus Michels, a former player and coach of the Dutch team. The nick name of Rinus michel was ''the generaal''. He once introduced a famous expression:''voetbal is oorlog", soccer is war. Rinus always wanted his team to play agressive and hard, and once during a worldcup he said if a team didnt collect enough yeloow cards, they should earn a fine, because they probably didnt do their job well.
    What i try to say is soccer is a so-called contactsport, and there must to be a ball to kicked, therefore injuries are inevitable.
    In fact i think a player who doesnt have this ''over mijn lijk" over my dead body" mentality, they are too ''lief'' sweet boy. And then i am referring to players like vdVaart; i think he is a nice boy, but will you win a war with it? My message to vdVaart: stop crying and start play soccer again.

7. Shichinin

Shichinin New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Sweden
    Moving your legs downwards onto the ground after having just fallen violently backwards doesn't seem unnatural to me. On the contrary, holding them suspended in the air would've been unnatural. :)

About vdV - do you have a different opinion on any of these points?

1. Zlatan's right leg was about to cover the ball. He loses balance with his left leg and the center of balance transfers towards the right leg. In turn, as a reflex, it stretches to where it strikes vdV. The movement is basically involuntary and natural.
    2. VdV comes at the ball from behind and right while Zlatan's eyes are fixed down on the ball the entire time. There are also several other Dutch players crowding nearby. This makes it improbable that Zlatan could've "aimed" for vdV in any way.
    3. It was the prelude to a goal, which would've been voided if there were a Dutch freekick instead. Zlatan was even attempting to score by himself, before Jonson showed up in a better position.

8. Shichinin

Shichinin New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Sweden
    There's no reason for a suspension. With any other player it would've been over at the full time whistle, but because it's Zlatan, some people always seem to judge him beforehand, and so they let their mouths go. I M (H) O

Larsson is still on the Sweden NT, although he wasn't in the squad that faced Holland. I do believe he'll play the WCQs. :)

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well German bloke whose team hasn't beaten Holland in yonks, I never said Bayern weren't effective. I just said they were vile. Which even most Germans agree with.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    My last word on Zlatan: I fully agree that football is a contact sport and normally in the league or in internationals I can live with Zlatan getting 'physical' - Davids does it all the time for us and is just as annoying (unlike Zlatan he kept his elbows to himself though). This was a FRIENDLY, however, and it's not like Zlatan has to prove to the manager that he belongs in the Swedish squad or anything. On that note, I saw him play for Ajax against Twente in the league four days before the friendly and he didn't look anywhere near as 'committed' as he did for Sweden.

I don't know if all of you who've commented on this have actually seen the game, but to me it looked like he had a hidden (Ajax) agenda. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got another club lined up (hence the thread title Zlatan makes himself impossible).

11. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Yes I've played football. It doesn't have anything to do with this discussion though.

Zlatan goes down, hits the ground. In a normal situation you would either see a cramped jerk of the leg or (more likely in this specific situation) you would see his leg go down a bit from the shock of falling.

You would not see his entire body stay relaxed and then have the lower leg move down like Zlatan's did. That is not a natural reaction to what happened, and certainly the small delay in his movement didný look natural to me.

It was just a smart but unnecessary foul. Especially against a teammate.

12. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    by the way, are Zlatan and Johnny H on good terms again? Seems like VdV was the only one not celebrating his goal on Sunday

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well looks like I was right about the hidden agenda thing. Last night on a Dutch footy show on telly it came out that he flew out to Sweden on a private jet from Turin. Rumour has it that he's off to Juve in december.

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

whatever

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Good God. I didn't mean to upset you! I just don't think he visits Turin on a private jet in between two games for fun that's all.

16. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I read that Zlatan got support from Van Basten that it was good to play hard even though it was a friendly.

17. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I also read now that Koeman criticsized van der vart for going out with this to the public.

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ok fine... why would they wait until december and then sell, probably in the middle of some european tournament and with no way to register a new striker... who presumably they will now buy - just because the guy goes to turin doesn't mean AJAX have to do sh!t - juve have been winking at him for 2 years, so any visit is hardly groundbreaking news

19. b50c

b50c New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Holland
    Sell Zlatan for 20+million and get Tevez&Rosales :)

20. ArenaKing

ArenaKing New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    AS Roma has just made a serious attempt to sign Zlatan ibrahimovic.

From what i understand, ajax will make an official announcement considering this offer tomorrow.

Stay Tuned.

21. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    As I said in a previous post, Ajax would be crazy to deal with them.

This is the team that sold Samuel and Carew (I believe they sold him) and were considering selling Totti because of financial difficulties.

This is also the team that was looking for a Russian billionaire a la Abramovic this summer to 'rescue' them from their debts.

This is also the team that was up to their sneaky (and dirty) financial tricks when Ajax sold Chivu to them.

I think it would be very irresponsible to deal with such a team. :mad:

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh how wonderful it is to say I HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO!

23. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Incredible. Ajax might as well stop the whole footballing branch of the company and stick to selling lousy perfumes and other worthless crap. Afterall, a quick buck out of exploiting the brand name is more important than producing the goods on the field. We'll just take the money now and settle for second best.

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Never thought I'd say this but I actually feel sorry for Ajax fans. Not as sorry as I feel for Roda fans though who only had the pleasure of watching Koné for one season.

25. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This is totally inexcusable. For craps sake, one day before the window.
    This has been planned and discussed for a while...apparently.

...and of all teams, Juve.

This tells me they're absolutely not interested in a successful CL campaign that the board has been preaching....

I support a football club, not a financial franchise....

...I need to vent my anger today......

Fvck you guys, Ajax....