Zlatan Ibrahimovic's technical ability vs C Ronaldos

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SectionX, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I dribble with gum I simply dance round players, with it seemingly stuck to my foot.

1 person likes this.
  2. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    believe it or not, its not that hard

3. Common

Common New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Ibra is the more technical player of the two. In my opinion, he has a great touch and his vision and field awareness also play a vital role in the decisions and runs he makes on the field aswell as when he decides to bring out his skills and take defenders on and beat them with ease without relying so much on his pace- something ronaldo does too often, i don't downplay it, its another way to beat a defender, but when compared technical ability outshines the pace, ibra takes this.

4. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Ibra is the more technical player of the two but Ronaldo is by far the better player.

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Well, it'll be interesting to see how they compare this season. Might surprise some people.

6. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Not really. Ronaldo is only 24 and has outperformed the 28 year old striker the last 3 seasons. There is no doubt in anyone's mind about who the better player is.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    So not really, you won't be surprised if Ibra does better, or not really, there's no way he does better. Both sound suspicious.

There is doubt in my mind. I'm looking forward to this season to clear it up.

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It's debatable if Ronaldo out-performed Zlatan last season.

9. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    He scored and assisted more? That's pretty conclusive for me. Messi on otherhand did outperform Ronaldo last season for the first time.

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I'm seeing 29 goals for Ibra and 26 for Ronaldo. What are the assist numbers?

11. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    ibra had crazy amount of assists.

btw Ibra is 27 not 28.

12. Common

Common New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    neither did he score or assist more.

Ibra had 29 goals and 10 assists last season, while ronaldo only had 25 goals and 8 assists. Thats pretty conclusive for me.

one more question, where are you getting your stats from?? :rolleyes:

13. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    a difference of 2 assists is conclusive??? I guess that is all that matters.

14. Common

Common New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was playing off the previous post when it was mentioned that it was conclusive thatC Ronaldo was better because he had better stats last season when that statement was completely false.

15. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Ronaldo's the more complete player I'd say. He's more dynamic I'd say, Ibra has the brain though.

16. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    In what ways is Ronaldo more complete than Ibra?

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Ibra's craftier and is the better passer. More creative for sure. But Ronaldo can play in a variety of roles and positions and has speed, two feet, aerial game, and is an incredible shooter of the ball. Ibra's great but if Ronaldo had vision he'd really be the complete forward.

18. Common

Common New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You can also make a case for Ibrahimovic's speed, two feet, shot, and aerial game especially after he knocked in that diving header in the Barca opener today.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I love how certain individuals are suddenly rating Ibrahimovic based on him now playing for Barcelona...

20. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Like who ? I actually rate him as one the 10 best players in the world.

21. Common

Common New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You couldn't be referring to me as I just joined these forums and have always rated Ibra highly

22. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    You're responding to the guy who thinks Darren Fletcher would have stopped Barca in the final.

23. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've always rated ibra highly, he is a wizard, but ronaldo is the slightly better player in my book. just my useless opinion, though. ;)

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    If you're refering to me, who says I rate Ibra highly? I'd still take Eto'o over him 100% of the time. I love it how you jump to conclusions based on a question I asked. Even someone who dislikes both players can see that Ibra is arguably as complete as Ronaldo.

25. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's not as stupid as it sounds. In the past year Fletcher has developed into one of the best central midfielders in the World. Barcelona may still have won the match, but they wouldn't have overrun the United midfield quite so easily.