Zizou Is Back Yeaaaaaah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'France' started by weaponx, Aug 3, 2005.

1. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    L'Equipe announces that Thuram will be back too in a few days, that would be great, almost as important as Zizou's return ...

2. ZiZouTrini

ZiZouTrini New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Maryland , USA
    Thank you Zizou for coming back. Now I have another reason to leave work early. LOL Used to leave to watch you play in the CL now I can leave to watch you play for France. ZiZou ZiZou!!!

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's the spirit!!!!

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    L'Equipe has already started speculation about possible changes in formation:

"QUELS CHANGEMENTS ?
    Sur le plan du jeu, l'équipe de France devrait se réorganiser vers un 4-2-3-1 proche du système choisi par Roger Lemerre entre 2000 et 2002, surtout avec le suspension de Trezgeuet qui fait de Henry un choix incontournable en attaque. Un 4-3-1-2 est aussi envisageable. Dès le 11 août, la liste de Raymond Domenech sera nécessairement moins ouverte pour les joueurs évoluant au poste de Zidane : Meriem, Malouda, Rothen, Dhorasoo ou Giuly auront moins d'espace pour exister, sans parler de Kapo, qui n'est plus revenu depuis quinze mois, ni Pires, qui semble banni. Le retour de Makelele fragilise de son côté Diarra et Mavuba, et ne milite pas pour le retour de Dacourt."

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    thats quite a speech. is that taken from a real speech by DeGaule?

6. ruudgullit

ruudgullit Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Peace Up,A-town Down
    I am happy again! Now hopefully Trezegol and Henry can figure out how to partner a bit better than they did in the Euro.

7. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    things are looking up...but its still gonna take a fair bit of luck i think

8. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal
    I feel France will need 9 points from the last 4 games to qualify for the playoffs. That means they need a victory over Switzerland or Ireland away. It will be difficult. The World Cup will seriously blow if France is not there.

9. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    haha ill take the world cup over the CL anyday ... u cant even compare the 2 ;)

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    :rolleyes: We'll see.

11. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    all domenech needes to do now is call up Pires

12. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe

NEVER!! ;)

13. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    That's a mock version of "l'Appel du 18 juin" (de Gaulle's call to resistance after the defeat and the shameful surrender of 1940). I took the translation here, bottom of page :

http://tmg110.tripod.com/freefr.htm

14. weaponx

weaponx New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Grenoble
    :D :D Foot - Bleus : Zidane et Thuram jusqu'au Mondial

Interrogé jeudi midi par Canal+, Zinédine Zidane a indiqué que son retour en équipe de France s'accomagnait de celui de Lilian Thuram, sans «aucun» doute. Ils reviennent avec les Bleus pour jouer «jusqu'à la prochaine Coupe du monde».

THURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM c'est officiel aussi :cool:

L'Irelande? On va les taper grave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    now that's an idea!

i've been doubtful about the effect the returns would have on qualifying (i was already optimistic) but put the OL-based 11 from the first half against hungary + thuram, makalele and the other guy in PLG's hands and that little gold star has a little gold sister.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    now for ridiculous, that's ridiculous. a pitcher can own a batter, a clay court player can own a hard court player, a defender can own a striker, but ronaldinho and zidane probably spend less than 5 minutes a year within 20 metres of each other.

besides, ronaldinho's 15 minutes will be up soon, zidane is for the ages.

17. weaponx

weaponx New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Grenoble
    F*** Ronaldinho, on parle de Zizou sur ce thread :mad:

18. RedPaddy

RedPaddy New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    IRELAND
    No we're not. We're having a laugh at ye guys over there celebrating the fact that 3 old men have to be drafted in from the wilderness in order to qualify for the World Cup.

Duff is gonna have a field day with ye boys... :D

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ha! Duff has to deal with Thuram and Maka now..... I really can't wait for les blues to pound 3 goals down your leprechons throats!

20. RedPaddy

RedPaddy New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    IRELAND
    I like the way you're thinking. So you're gonna have to put 2 men on Duff..!!

I like the respect you're showing us already.

21. G.PAGLIA

G.PAGLIA New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Coventry,U.K
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Shows how sh!t your team is.It must be demoralizing that players have to come out of retirement just so you can qualify

22. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Shhhhhhh....... Remember this?
    [​IMG]

And the game winner.....

[​IMG]

Shhhhhhh...

23. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You guys haven't been able to pound 3 goals on anyone this whole campaign. To think you guys will get 3 goals in Dublin is ludicrous. You will be lucky to put 1 baguette in the basket, much less 3. I love how the French arrogance pops out right after you bring the guys out of retirement. You were down and in the fetal position and we were going to kick you, and now you have decided to crawl to your knees. Just the right place for you to .... our leprechaun ....

24. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What has Ireland ever done in Soccer? Aside from Tony Cascarino? You're an idiot.