Zidane v Croatia

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by triplesevn, Jun 17, 2004.

1. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upfront now, I'm sorry for bringing Zidane up again but I'm sure it will happen throughout the Euro's.

Now, ZIDANE!!!!! Did you just watch the clip of Zidane moments during the Croatia match alone???? Fantastic....

Come on people, you have to admitt the move he made on the corner kick from Henry to pop the ball up on a spin around, back flip to Gallas has to be the move of the tourney thus far.

I know, there's stil much more matches left but give it credit now......WOW!

2. Froggy316

Froggy316 Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Lawrence, KS
    is there a clip of just zidane's moves during the game? is it on the internet somewhere?

3. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure. They showed the clip during half time of the match.

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    nope it is not. it was a very nice move but zlatan ibrahimovic's backheel against bulgaria which set ljungberg alone with the keeper is the best move so far. ibrahimovic was heavily marked when he made his pass and it was a pinpoint backheel pass splitting the bulgarian defense with perfect precision and timing which is more difficult than flippin a ball up in the air.

zidane's move might be second but ibrahimovic has made the play of the tournament so far.

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They were both great moves, although I think for the Swedish one, the Bulgarian defence and goalkeeper didn't react well and made it look a bit better than it was. Very nice touch though.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "Move of the tournament"?? :rolleyes:

Why don't you just spend a month watching the Nike and Adidas adverts??

"Move of the tournament" .... fvcking hell.

7. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heck, i thought the move where he had kind of a bad first touch ( :eek: ) and then ran to get the ball before it went out of bounds and stopped it dead on the line by smashing it down from above was more impressive. The guy just has an understanding of the physics of a soccer ball that few can match.

8. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Zidane was non-existent (for him anyway) in the 2nd half. What was impressive, however, was he gathered the entire team together in a huddle IMMEDIATELY after Croatia took the lead.

How often do you see that in a soccer match? A true leader.

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    You know what, before that, I never thought Zidane a good leader, I just did not see him captain, but when I saw that (especially when Desailly was captain), I was duly impressed, now I want him to be captain!

10. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah it looked nice on TV replay but what effect did it have?? Hardly any positive if at all, it didn't inspire anyone to better performance. Croatia still still had the best chances to win and it needed the poor backpass and resulting questionable handball for France to equalise, not great teamplay or determination.

11. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well, they did come back to tie the game (of course, they might have been able to do that without the huddle).

12. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibrahimovic's backheel was really good too. But I still go for Zidane's. I don't think he even looked at the ball when he did it. Both were great!!!

I also liked how Zidane tried to trapp the cross but it got away from him, then he pounced on the ball and left it dead on the line. Very nice.

There is also Larssons header, but I think RVN's last min heroics is the goal of the tournament so far.

13. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Zlatan rules!

you are truly crazy triplesevn ibrahimovic'c backheel goal against italy is without competiton the goal and the move of the tournament so far! his backheel against bulgary is second

if you think the unmarked zidane's flip up into the air was even 10% of what zlatan did last night you are truly mad

ibrahimovic is the player of the tournament this far

14. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Zlatan rules!

Read the thread first before laying down your stupidity....

My last post was BEFORE the Italy v Sweden match!!!!!

We were talking about another match!!!!

That being said, I agree that Ibs kick is now the best move, goal of the tourney.