Zidane and Freddy.Who is who?

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by zroberto, Apr 29, 2003.

1. zroberto

zroberto New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    For longtime observers of skill,flair and thrilling play.Who is more exciting to watch in soccer Zidane or Freddy regardless of the age group.

2. zroberto

zroberto New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Sir Alex Ferguson digs Raul because he thinks Zidane is more of a decorative player.Man u are interested in Freddy right now because he is not a decorative player but a player who can do roughly anything with a soccer ball.Freddy has it all beautiful incisive play needed by most teams in Europe to win games.Freddy`s level and technical ability and awareness is going to send him to the top hierarchy of world soccer and the only reason why MLS wants him so bad is to make money out of him and not to help him develop in to a better player per say.How on earth can a player badly needed by world soccer to take it to the next level be made to stay here in MLS which has nothing to offer him but everything to gain from him.

3. cafrine

cafrine New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    is GONE
    [​IMG]
    Pass me some of those lucky charms...

4. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You didnt mention the fact that he cant legally play in europe until he is 18.... MLS is the best place for him until then..

5. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I just cannot believe what I'm reading, Zidane a decorative player? Without Zizu Madrid doesn't work at all, why do you think France did so badly in the World Cup?, because he wasn't fit. Rembember his goal in the Champions league final last year, and his two goals in the 98 WC final? Pretty decorative, huh? But besides the goals, he's simply the best playmaker of his era.

I don't know how good this Adu fellow is, never seen him play, I've just read the hype by some bigsoccer.com posters. Guys who showed promise there have been thousands, real football stars, you can count them with the fingers of one hand.

Zinedine is one of them.

Ferguson? Bitter old guy because Zidane gave them a football lesson.

6. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    C'mon now, it has to be Zidane. His game is so much more polished than Freddy's. I love Freddy and after seeing him I can see why he is getting all the hype, but Zidane is incredible.

Now if you are wondering regardless of age group, then you have to say Freddy because he is so much better than everyone else out there. But if I had a choice of who to watch tomorrow, I would pick Zidane.

7. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    regardless of age? how the frick are you going to compare Freddy to Zidane, the greatest player in the world right now and maybe in the last 4 years? are you guys really actually talking about this?

8. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Inter's Obafemi Martins

I was wondering if anyone saw Martins played today in CL Semi-final... I dunno but he looks like Adu and he's pretty build for a young man... the goal he scored was world class.

9. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Best response to these kind of threads.

10. PumaBear

PumaBear New Member

May 5, 2001
    back in el defectuoso
    Are you guys insane or 15 years old? I just can't help myself. I usually ignore these types of posts but this is ridiculous....