Zhang Yuning

Discussion in 'China' started by napolisoccer, Jun 5, 2016.

1. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can be Yuning the phenomenon of the Chinese football ? I know that also Wu Lei is a great player, but he is already 24 years old, while Yuning is just 19......

2. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He has some aspects in his game that he really needs to improve on such as passing, ball retention, and touch. I also haven't seen him take a proper shot so its hard to tell how well he shoots as well. He's young so he has that going for him, but atm i'm skeptical.

Wu Lei on the otherhand is really good at what Zhang Yuning isn't. He just needs to step up for the national team. A Wu Lei, Zhang Yuning, and Gao Lin combination is something I want to see Gao try out against Kyrgyzstan. I think Wu Lei is better than Yu Hanchao at playing out wide or behind the striker.

3. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I think so.

1st international match and 2 goals + 1 assist is impressive.

Hoping he ends up a chinese prodigy like michael owen who was an english prodigy for his age and what he did not national team at his age.

4. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Let's temper our expectations for now. See if he can continue to improve at Vitesse and not be lured back into the CSL by big money like all the other youngsters we had overseas.

It's good he's getting first team experience in an attacking league He lacks experience and lacks finesse in his play, but he's already at a decent level and physically quite good for his age. No reason to think he can't develop further if he consistently gets time in Europe.

5. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that we will see this boy in EPL in the next years.

6. VitesseCFC

VitesseCFC Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Arnhem
    Club:
    SBV Vitesse
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. DedicacionDeHonor

DedicacionDeHonor New Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    Thank you for sharing this link. I imagine it must be a tough task for Zhang to maintain his minutes with the first team. On a side note with myself being an avid follower of Chinese football for the last few years, I still have no idea as to why Chinese players are often overlooked for much less talented domestic players in European leagues where as any player from CAF are always given their chances to perform at the very least. Maybe that is the reason Chinese players are often soverlooked despite their superior technical and physical abilites due to poor National Team results and stereotypical slower adaptation to match mentality/tactics?