Youth Yanks Abroad, '97-'00 YOBs: 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm not sure I agree with that tweet saying the chances of Pomykal leaving FCD in this transfer window are "slim." If a club like AC Milan (just the one in that tweet) comes in with a good bid, how are FCD supposed to turn that down?

Then again, have we seen any comments from Pax that he actually wants to leave right now? I haven't............

2. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well given AC Milan are signing Ismael Bennacer, not sure Milan is the place to go anyway. I think the article is largely stressing the difference between interests and concrete activity (inquiries, official inquiries, negotiations, bids submitted, etc.)

3. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially since the window is ending in a couple weeks and no bids have been submitted, as far as we know.
    I think best case he gets sold this window and moves in the winter, worst case it's not until next summer.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Here was the Soto goal.

don Lamb repped this.
  5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    BVB need an American on the field. They sub Gio in and score (not him).

6. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    He did have a header that came very close.

I watched an all touches (not the game) and he didn't stand out as not belonging. He did seem like he was just sort of running around; getting in the way at time -- obviously not integrated yet.

leppercut repped this.
  7. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Reyna should've scored, but goodness, that boy is big and skilled. going to be extremely interesting following him in the next 12 months.

USSoccerNova, Peretz48 and gogorath repped this.
  8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They have Europa League qualifying coming up soon. Would this be a good move?

9. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh that's interesting. I think it's a fine move, but other people saw him play more last season could probably say if he can start in a better league week in-week out. I thin it's a good enough league to where he can start and be a part of the NT setup personally. Though I'd be willing to bet he could play every week in a better league

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  10. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I mean he would really need to stand out int eh Austrian league which is super top heavy. The European league would likely get him a couple of matches against teams from Croatia, Cyprus, etc... then if they win a group match with one top tier team and three from lesser leagues. Frankly, I think the quality of league play would trump Europa league IMO. That said, he needs to play regularly wherever he goes.

Tactical Hipster repped this.
  11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #1186 ussoccer97531, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Being used as a winger here.

1152304895187443712 is not a valid tweet id

Ajax sold Kristensen today to Salzburg. Dest would now be the third natural RB on the depth chart

1152208783080394752 is not a valid tweet id

A player who has never represented the USA, but could play a part in the Olympic team.

I think he's ready to leave MLS.

1152315506923384835 is not a valid tweet id

I can't imagine he opts for the USA soon, but check back in 2-3 years, and this may be a player who suits up for the USA.

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Luksarus, SCSAutism, TxEx and 7 others repped this.
  13. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bump

butters59, xbhaskarx, Winoman and 3 others repped this.