Youth Yanks Abroad (1997s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I highly suggest watching the full 90 minutes, its fantastic youth development education.

Mukwelle is doing well but Dario #9 is a Fantastic player and Pedrito has also impressed me quite an it the last few matches.

LouisZ repped this.
  2. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    What does this...

Omidiji told TopDrawerSoccer.com this week his move to Feyenoord was official after featuring for the Sparta Rotterdarm and Dordrecht FC academies since moving to the Netherlands two years ago. Omidiji signed a widely reported deal with Arsenal in February, in which Nigerian outlet All Nigeria Soccer reported he'd train with the London club each summer. Omidiji told TopDrawerSoccer.com he'll remain with Feyenoord for the foreseeable future with the potential to move to Arsenal permanently on a pro deal down the road.​

... actually mean?

What kind of deal would a player like this sign at his age? Who would it bind, and how? Is there an actual piece of paper with words on it and, if so, what restrictions if any does it put on the player, Arsenal, and any other club Omidiji might join?

This actually could be pretty straightforward: The kid is keeping his options open and could presumably jump teams pretty much whenever -- or, at least, after each season, as he's evidently done during his time in Europe.

But all the talk of having "signed" something seems confusing, at least to me.

4. It binds nobody. If he chooses to be with Feyenoord, it will be until he or Feyenoord decides it was enough. He can go and play for another club at the end of the season in which he has a window to change club or Feyenoord decides he's not longer part of their plans.
    To be honest I donot want him in our academy at all given what he (or his dad) has been putting on their twitter account. He or his dad comes in with me as opportunists ready to profit from us and jump when they see fit to profit from our efforts somewhere else. If it was up to me the comments from him would be enough to say we spend our time and money on kids with love for the club and not on leaches.

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Fair enough -- it's "your" club. But in the end, I suspect it's like any other similar situation -- he'll stay as long as he wants to and/or he's wanted. You could say the same about pretty much every other kid in the academy, right? The difference here is there seems to be some kind of outsized public interest in him, for what appear to be a number of reasons.

6. Right, and because of EPL academies playing parasites by letting us do the work until 16 and then snapping them up by offering salaries beyond we can/will offer. We in the Dutch forum then say we will not see them back (=as a top level player) as the EPL academies suck.
    The point is that other kids long passionately to play for Feyenoord (or PSV/Ajax/AZ/Twente etc), but by the prowlers are lured away with the ( never fullfilled) promise of the top clubs future and the relatively very high pay initially. I think Bruma, lured away from our academy at 15 years old as the top defending talent now probably regrets his move. Stefan de Vrij, who stayed and rose through the Feyenoord ranks is now about to sign a contract for over 5 million a year, while once being mocked by those (mostly AngloSaxon) foreigners who have no clue as someone who cannot defend.
    So what disgusts me is the fact that this little guy, or his entourage, while not even having put one soccerboot on the Varkenoord pitch for an academy match, already is talking about moving on without showing any aspiration to make it into Feyenoord 1. My message would be: "So move on, right now. This spot is for someone that has a heart for the club and dreams about it to make it to the Coolsingel".

Winoman and Giggsy1986 repped this.
  7. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree I'd put money on this kid never turning out. Already has a poor environment around him, entitlement is off the charts.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peretz48, TxEx, xbhaskarx and 3 others repped this.
  9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awsome!

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Olosunde not in the 18. Mourinho went with another academy youngster at right back named Alex Tuanzebe.

Starman* repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It was always going to be hard for Olosunde to break through at Man U on account of not being Congolese.

Winoman and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  12. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuanzebe is one of the starting CB for the U23 team. Mourinho going a bit more defensive.formation for this game.

13. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hearing Brady Scott is going to sign with a big European team this summer

He's rated highly by US Soccer coaches and should easily be the #1 GK for the 2019 U-20 team

14. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. Scott has previously trained with Arsenal, West Ham, and Vitesse.

15. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A '99 whose absence with North Carolina FC this weekend makes more sense now.

17. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was highly touted D.C. United prospect, but they let him walk because he wasn't in their immediate plans.

Signed with NCFC (Carolina Railhawks) and made one sub appearance about a month ago. Wasn't on the bench last weekend, and they've got another game this weekend. Odd time to be in Germany unless something is in the works.

18. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Well he's a good pool player apparently

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Certainly one of the better 99's, I think, although that age group is rather weak.

I wonder which club. I'm going to do some digging to see if I can find anything.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Couldn't find anything.

21. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
  22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats about Taitague.

The picture taken was somewhere in Dortmund, by the way, although Gelsenkirchen isn't far away.

If I was to guess, I'd say Leverkusen, which also isn't far away.

23. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Yea, you are right.

24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Gladbach and Koln are also in the region. As are BL2 clubs Fortuna Dusseldorf and Bochum.

25. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Anybody wanna translate "Verlag für zeilgruppeninformationen verwaltings"

Something like: target demographic for publishing company. How about "Boy band pic...lolol!!"

Really I just posted it because I was glad they're hanging out having fun.