Youth Yanks Abroad (1997s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Do we think Dest is already on a pro contract?

2. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    I saw some ajax fans on Twitter calling for him to be offered a contract so I don't think he is

ChuckMe92 and Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  3. From my info he hasnot a contract. Given he's 17 I find that weird. Most of the times youth players they value are given a youth contract at 16, 17 at the latest.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman, ussoccer97531 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  5. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Full 90' from Akale yesterday. Extremely active and dangerous throughout.

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Dominating the Spanish fourth division!

frankburgers and Timm repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Sandon Mibut and tippco333 repped this.
  9. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too bad the match couldn't have been Merida AD, which is in the Spanish third division. Then the Gladiator reference would have been even more apropos!

Giggsy1986 repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #2836 ussoccer97531, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Pulisic had an assist and also drew a penalty that would've been considered an assist, if it was converted.

I think Pulisic's play in the second half of the season has been sufficient. The end product is 142.7, which isn't too different than the 129.1 it was last season. Not an improvement over last season, but really not all too different than his play last season, and its not shabby.

The first half of the season he can be cut a break, given he started out well and was contributing a lot for the NT, but his club form completely fell off after the failure to qualify for the WC. He had actually started the season pretty well, but he had about a three month stretch from mid-September to mid-October where he was not contributing for Dortmund.

Next season though, he can't put up the type of end product he is doing so this season if he wants to be advancing to a higher recognition. 235.9 is not going to cut it. Thats over a full 90 minute game worse than last season when it comes to end product. I'd hope for something in the 100-120 range. Dembele was 109.3 last season, Bailey is 125.6 this season to give examples of what similarly aged players have done recently in the Bundesliga.

Patrick167 repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    On the bench.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are these numbers ?

14. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they're Total Minutes/(G+A)

Winoman repped this.
  15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  16. RiccardoSimone

RiccardoSimone New Member

United
    Italy
    Apr 24, 2018
    Looks like Dunning spent 2 years with the FC Dallas MLS Academy (2016-2018) and was the start attacking midfielder/left winger for the 2017-2018 season. The USSDA does not have a league or team structured for exclusively the U16 age group. USSDA combines the U17s and U16s into one league/team. Therefore, many of the larger MLS academies have a separate U16 academy team for players in that single birth year. Evidently Dunning played for FC Dallas U16 Academy team in Mexico against Atlas & Chivas Liga MX academies in a 2018 tournament
    979765884620288000 is not a valid tweet id
    Dunning appears to have also been called-up by the Canadian Youth National team https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-invites-30-young-players-to-identification-camp-p160129 and to have attended the 2017 Generation Adidas ESP for the top 2002 MLS academy players TopDrawerSoccer shows Dunning played in the 2015 Mediterranean International Cup and the 2016 World Futsal Cup in Barcelona. Interestingly, it appears Dunning was the only FC Dallas 2002 player called into the U.S. U-15 national team camp in Bradenton Florida https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...ayer-roster-to-u15-bnt-domestic-training-camp

Patrick167 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    One little correction there. Dunning was never under contract with FCD, so nothing needed to be terminated prior to leaving for Europe. The relationship just had to be severed like it was when Weston McKennie of Schalke left.

FCD's academy is pretty stacked. There are some really good players on their U16s that hadn't yet broken thru for the U17s this year. Dunning was one of them.

18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Aren't all players under contract, even academy players? Just under amateur contracts which obviously would be easier to get out of due to the stipulations within that amateur contract. Professional contracts are just a different type of animal.

19. RiccardoSimone

United
    Italy
    Apr 24, 2018
    Looks like Dunning spent 2 years (2016-2018) with the FC Dallas MLS Academy as an attacking midfielder/winger. Evidently he played for FC Dallas U16 Academy team in Mexico against Atlas & Chivas Liga MX academies in a 2018 tournament
    979765884620288000 is not a valid tweet id
    Dunning appears to have also been called-up by the Canadian Youth National team https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-invites-30-young-players-to-identification-camp-p160129 and to have attended the 2017 Generation Adidas ESP for the top 2002 MLS academy players TopDrawerSoccer shows Dunning played in the 2016 Mediterranean International Cup, Copa Chivas Internacional in Mexico, Copa Rayados Internacional, the 2016 World Futsal Cup in Barcelona, and the 2017 Dallas Cup. Interestingly, it appears Dunning was the only FC Dallas 2002 player called into the U.S. U-15 national team camp in Bradenton Florida https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...ayer-roster-to-u15-bnt-domestic-training-camp

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Is it weird that a club employee and a player's parent don't agree about the time that a player spent with that club?

21. RiccardoSimone

United
    Italy
    Apr 24, 2018
    With Dunning previously having both Canadian & USYNT call-ups, seems like FC Dallas MLS Academy may have been trying to hide talent as long as possible. FCD knows European clubs can sign American players with EU passports at age 16 — leaving Dallas without training compensation or solidarity payments...

22. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this post touched on 4 different topics that have about 100 pages worth of posts each on BS. You’ll fit in just fine around here.

Patrick167 repped this.
  23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't really think so. The FCD youth squads are loaded with talent. Dunning was probably with the U16s instead of the U17s because there's a lot of talent in the attacking positions of the FCD U17s. They've got US YNTers Beni Redzic, Dante Sealy, and Ricardo Pepi (who's also been called up by Mexico). They also have Gibran Rayo, who's been training with the FCD first team over the last several weeks and Johan Gomez (who's scored 16 goals in his last 15 games). Keep in mind they've already signed Bryan Reynolds to a first team contract, and he's still eligible for the U17s (but doesn't play for them).

I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Its just a numbers game. FCD has so much talent there that its just a fierce competition.

There's also the possibility that if FCD knew Dunning wanted to leave to Europe, and was going to seek that move when he turned 16, that they advanced other kids instead. I don't really know the timing........................

24. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I don't know how much this has been touched on but I think it's a neat takeaway that a kid that wasn't particularly a star at his DA team is able to join Feyenoord now. We don't know what capacity he is "with" Feyenoord, could be a squad player for the youth team but that's still pretty neat. Also whether or not he never really latched on to FC Dallas isn't the most telling thing in the world. I mean we know that players like Lamar Batista and Keaton Parks had played tournaments with FC Dallas but never got tied in (we also don't know the reason for that), but both are very solid young pros.

25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't comment on the rest of the US but their are starting to be a lot of North Texas area kids getting shots all over. I hope there are other areas (NY/NJ, S Cal etc) that are the same and even more that are on their way. Doesn't help the national team immediately but will have a enormous impact in 5-10 years.