Youth Yanks Abroad, ‘97-‘00 YOBs: 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Keep your powder dry forever. There is always another window and another camp he should be called into.

Four Americans were on the field in a big U19 game in Holland. Nobody from USSF was there. What were they doing? Earnie's family lives there! He couldn't visit his wife and catch the game and shake the players' hands after the game and put in a word? Greg couldn't catch that game and maybe catch some UCL games with Americans on Tuesday?

Clown show. At the very least, Kreis should have been there.

Funny how once again, a dual national is left off a roster and the media and the fan boys here say it is USSF giving the club a break. "Jonathan Gonzales wasn't called in November because Monterrey has games that break". Ah, no. Sarachan had never heard of him and nobody even thought to call him. "Ledezma was left to play and train with the PSV first team". Ah no, he just wasn't called.

Did we just not see a Jong Ajax player come into the team and look as competent as any LB that has played there in the last 4 years? Ledezma was running the show for Jong PSV. He wasn't just in the game.

It is so much harder to get someone when you wait to the last minute to romance them.

That people keep giving USSF the benefit of the doubt on this stuff is beyond nuts. Waiting for young players to break into UCL teams before even contacting them is just astounding. Even more incredible when you are giving major USMNT minutes to guys who are average to below average MLS players and are older.

btlove repped this.
  2. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Do we really know what is going on behind the scenes? Maybe we do, I don't follow it that close, but how do we know these boys are not being contacted at least by text etc? If not, they should be.

However, I think the reason some of them are still in the US camp on things is because of Tab Ramos. If not for him, I think Mexico takes these kids. Add to the fact we don't know how much of an influence the agent for these kids effects their decisions as well.

3. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    We know from multiple quotes from the various players involved. It is actually in the player's interest to drum up this kind of recruiting war. So, they are usually forthcoming with the information.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ledezma vs. Jong Ajax

1174334317016883200 is not a valid tweet id

Gloster v. Jong Ajax

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Worth pointing out that as youth technical director..................it is sorta Tab's job :)

Tab, of course, isn't Mexican. He's Uruguayan. But I have no doubt that his ability to speak to families/kids in Spanish has real benefits.

I agree with you about Tab. People bash him all the time, but he does good work in this area. HE'S the one who called Jonathan Gonzalez up when most on this board had never heard of him. He called him up before Mexico did. He's the one who brought him to the CONCACAF Championships "up a cycle." But then when we lost Jonathan Gonzalez, folks were putting the blame on Ramos somehow.

These dual-nationals are pulled in many directions by many factors. Friends, families, agents, coaches, administrators. What is their heart telling them to do? What is their brain telling them to do? And the majority of them that I've spoken to love both nations. They feel like they're letting a whole lot of people down regardless of the decision they make.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker, ussoccer97531 and TarHeels17 repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    That's all well and good.

Guess who's out injured again..................

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Poor guy. I wonder how much longer Schalke will stick with Taitague.

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's a reserve team player. Are they really sticking with him?

10. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    They still are invested in him, albeit more limited than a 1st team player.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    McKennie started for Schalke today in a 2-1 win. They are off to a good start with 10 points in 5 games. If he stays another season, let's hope they are back in the Champions League, so this good start to the season would help the chances of that.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #312 ussoccer97531, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Secondary assist for Dest against PSV.

1175804624202280960 is not a valid tweet id

1175754743450394625 is not a valid tweet id

gogorath, Winoman, largegarlic and 3 others repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

kingshark, Winoman and USSoccerNova repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1176236996584497152 is not a valid tweet id

butters59, Eighteen Alpha and Winoman repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1176272907141550082 is not a valid tweet id

Winoman repped this.
  16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #316 Clint Eastwood, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Durkin was in the 18 today for the Belgium Cup, called the Croky Cup :). The STVV twitter feed doesn't even have any details on the game other than they won 2-0.

I'm trying to figure out if this is Durkin in this game picture. Whattya think? I think it is...…...
    https://www.stvv.com/nl/nieuws/a-kern/stvv-bekert-verder-na-2-0-zege-tegen-ohl
    [​IMG]

Winoman repped this.
  17. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Its him you can see the 2 on his shorts

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He doesn't play much, but he's having a productive season.

1176998171857367041 is not a valid tweet id

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as productive as he would be if they start picking up his runs. So far it's like the team is set up to minimize everything he's good at.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    '98 Alan Sonora made his debut last night for Independiente....................

Pl@ymaker, ussoccer97531 and Winoman repped this.
  21. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    I go back and forth on thinking he will be sent out on loan soon if he does not pick up his production. They are playing young guys, academy guys and trying out different line ups yet he does not seem to be favored much at the moment.

22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If that’s what they want to do, I’m sure he can find a loan somewhere better than Chelsea. With his production, teams are going to be knocking down Chelsea’s door to get him in on a loan.

bballshawn repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1177660493210759170 is not a valid tweet id

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The quality of midfield prospects that DIDN'T make our U20 World Cup team is high. Night and day from depth that we had 10-15 years ago. Its probably a good thing that FCD wasn't allowed to sign Cappis. He wanted to sign for them too. But I don't know how on Earth they'd have found time for him. I guess maybe they wouldn't have signed Cerrillo to a first team deal if they'd signed Cappis.

But anyway...……………….

Pl@ymaker, ussoccer97531 and Winoman repped this.
  25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    TarHeels17 and Eighteen Alpha repped this.