Youth Soccer Tryouts

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by grimreaperz, Oct 31, 2007.

1. grimreaperz

grimreaperz New Member

May 7, 2007
    As the soccer season is coming to an end for most youth soccer organizations, I am looking for advise on preparing for 2008 tryouts. Is there any specific websites or material that I can use in preperation. How to advertize and any other information.
    This is a 35-40 club organization in San Diego.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Small scale] Are you looking for advice on how to select a team from a group of same age/sex players? Or... [Large scale] are you looking for advice on how to organize a system of tryouts for an entire club?

3. grimreaperz

grimreaperz New Member

May 7, 2007
    The second one... I am looking for advice on how to organize a system of tryouts for an entire club?

4. Dadl

Dadl New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Go to http://ncgsc.com/07_NCYSA_coach_convent_tech_olymp.pdf. That'll show you what the UNC women's program uses and you can make up a menu from that.

If I had to whittle it down, based on reading that and observing the UNC Girl's Technique Camp, I'd go with Figure 8s, the "Swedish Test," and Shooting Power (radar gun), observethe players in 11v11 or a small-sided setting; and test for endurance (cooper test or the "beep test" is popular), acceleration, top speed (flying start sprint), and agility (Illinois Agility or the "T" test are common).

5. dav13dav13

dav13dav13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Search MLSNET.COM go the camps and there you could download a tryout files in PDF format broken down by differnt ages.