Your Top-5 memorable moment as a Argentina fan?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Bytor, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Bytor

Bytor Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Your most memorable and touching moment as a Argentina fan?

Here's my top 5:

1. Goycochea saving the penalty kick of Aldo Serena in Italy 1990 and Argentina reaching the final. I love Italy as a nation, but never liked their football team (for some strange reason). I went completely ballistic after that. :)

2. Burruchaga netting the 3-2 against Germany in Mexico 1986 World Cup Final.

3. Caniggia scoring from Maradona's "cannonball run" in the 1/8 final against Brazil, in Italy 1990... sending the star team packing.

4. Kempes scoring the winning goal against Netherlands in the World Cup final 1978. I was 8 years old.

5. Maradona scoring against Greece in 1994.

What are yours?

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Best moments with the national team:

1) Argentina vs England in 86 and especially Diego's second goal.

2) Argentina vs Germany in 86 and especially Burruchaga's winning goal

3) Argentina vs Holland in 78 and especially the 2nd goal by Kempes

4) Argentina vs Peru in 78 and especially Tarantini's goal that clinched the final.

5) Caniggia's goal against Brazil in 90.

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very good mentions there from you guys, here are mine;

1.) Diegos "hand of God" goal 1986.
    2.) Diegos second goal against England in 1986, the best in WC history PERIOD!!!!!
    3.) The free kick goal against England in 1998 where the English defence was so awesomely tricked.
    4.) Caniggia and Maradonas performance against a great Nigeria team in 1994, what great understanding between two great freinds and players.
    5.) The Cambiasso goal against Serbia in 2006 WC, ( how many passes was that, 24??:eek: ) the best team goal in history as far as Im concerned.

4. Bytor

Bytor Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Oh yeah... those could have been in my top 5 as well... love those moments. That free kick goal against England was a killer... the match itself was very cruel... I almost felt sorry for the England team..."almost" being the key word here. :D

PS: That match is downloadable in my http: links thread.

PS2: I'm still pissed off about the WC 1998... what if Batistuta's shot went to the goal instead of goal post (against the Holland team). I think that team could have won Brazil in the semifinal... they won them just before the world cup... in a friendly match. Back then Argentina still had some kind of "mental edge" over the Braz... now this has turned upside down, unfortunately. :(

5. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The last 5 goals!

6. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    all i have to say ismy favorite Argentina goal is Mario Kempes' first goal in the 1978 Final, what a beatiful goal, nice set up, great speed and control to get the himself & ball (which was behing him) between the defenders and also the presents of mind and effort to beat the keeper to the ball with that sliding finish, i get goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

of course the greatest goal ever was Maradona's second against England in '86 but Kempes' will always be my favorite

[​IMG]

7. wariz

wariz New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bangladesh
    1.When we won the olympic in 2004
    2.When we won against brazil in 2008 olympics
    3.argentinas six goal thrillar against serbia in germany 2006
    4.when i have seen messi score a hatrick against real madrid
    5.that wonder goal by messi against zaragoza