YOUR STARTING 11 for WC 2006.. PLAY THE GAME

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by EL MONO MARIO, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    If pekerman said that then i am very happy and i won't hesitate to congratulate Aguero for being selected in our WC squad.

2. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    This is the link for what Pekerman Said http://www.lagaceta.com.ar/vernota.asp?id_seccion=4&seccion=&id_nota=151427

and i have some good news for u guys Maradona said that if peker doesnt win this coming world cup he will be sacked and go back to bus driving and guess who his replacement will be? the legend himself Diego Maradona here is the link for that
    http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.php?Idx=248097&IdxSeccion=100704

3. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

The article was posted 1 week before Villareal-Inter match so i dont think Veron is on his list no more but he assured that Pato will go to Germany so were screwed big time! but according to Bilos i think he deserves a shot he's actually a center forward playing as a left midfielder with boca and he's doing a very good job at it his offence is good and his defence is very good he blocks passes in a good way he also has body strength and height which usually u dont see in Argentina, but once again he play as a winger and a center forward and also a midfielder maybe he's not at his perfect form in those positions but before he moves to boca he was playing as a center forward in banfield and he did a great job scoring goals with poor playmakers down there!!! so he needs a shot at his position and see what happens and if you're upset with Qatar's game none of the players played well that game!! and trust me its dead hot down in qatar ive been there before the weather at that time of year kills u u cant even run a mile!

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Pekerman does get the sack, which is unlikely since it took worse than a first round exit for Bielsa to leave, I hope Maradona doesn't get the nod. Not in the least because of his lack of experience, but also because better options exist, like, oh say, River's most successful manager ever, Ramon Diaz.

6. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

i dont know man i dont speak spanish my friend does and this is what i got out of him! but anyways i really dont believe in peker winning the tournament neither does maradona cause the Conf cup tells it all about how he plays and thinks in the game! and he's not that wise having delgado not playing the whole tournament and bringing him as a starter in the final!!!! he really didnt have the feel for the tournament and having aimar tevez santana on the bench thats like the best players he had on his squad! and having bernardi as a starter and belluschi not even selected i think he's drunk when he selects players guys!

7. castel

castel New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Aberdeen
    you might think its crazy, but i think you're perfectly set up to play without a player like riqi if need be. With technically gifted forwards who always want the ball, aswell as two fantastic passers in midfield, you could have a physically and technically strong team, aswell as a very balanced one indeed, a sort of better Chelsea, or a Barca with physically stronger and more solid players. Especially i think this would be good against the oranje, because this is very like how they play, and you have better players one for one. In particular there will be heaps of space behind the fullbacks to exploit. Whats more the dutch wouldn't know what to do, as they would have been expecting riqi. i think sthg like this:

Lux

Ayala Samuel

Zanetti Heinze
    Mascherano

Lucho Cambiasso

Messi Tevez

Crespo

8. castel

castel New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Aberdeen
    ok that didnt work out!
    so ill put it like this:
    Zanetti Ayala Samuel Heinze
    Lucho Mascherano Cambiasso
    Messi Crespo Tevez

9. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maradona coach... good news????????? Please lets not get silly with this page:rolleyes: .

Bring back the only coach that had the guts to tell the AFA to go f*ck themselves and won a WC with guts, a brain and a mind for exciting futbol............ MENOTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But Menotti then proceeded to f*ck up the next WC :(

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Menoti is about 110 years old, seriously I don't mean to be offensive but why appoint a manager who may not even be alive come the next world cup. Personally I would not have a problem with Maradona being in charge, it certainly would not be dull and I can guarantee he would have the respect of all the players. :)

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

there's one guy whose name is Americo Jesus 'Tolo' Gallego

13. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

I agree, and if Maradona doesnt demand removing peker no other coach can do so! even if bianchi asks for the job they wouldnt hand it to him so maradona is the only guy that do whatever he wants and whenever he wants in Argentina, by the way Peker is the one who refered Bielsa to grondona after the 98 WC! so i think if maradona doesnt take over we will be stuck with peker and his choices because grondona likes him! and maybe his best friend!! but to me i'd suggest someone like Bianchi, Buruchaga, Pumpido, Russo, Ramon Diaz, but i wouldnt say no to maradona because he likes giving players chances and his brains are all about football thats what we need! a coach with a focused brain!

14. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sorry, but Maradona wouldn't be a good choice. Simply put, he doesn't have the right mind frame, and he doesn't give players a chance, considering this is someone who wanted to see the Olde Guard take charge again, and for Veron to be put in the squad.

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Mine goes like this:

Pato
    Zanetti - Ayala - Gaby Milito(Gonzalo) - Heinze
    Mascherano - Cambiasso - Sorin
    Riquelme
    Tevez - Crespo ​

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Put Aguero in the squad, he scored 2 in the game last night. F**k all this about him being too young, about this world cup coming too son for him, the kid is on fire, put him in, seize the moment Peker, the kid is clearly a prodigy.

17. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Is there any site where i can watch those goals scored by Aguero?
    it is soo freaking nice that our each and every player is in form right now, everyone is scoring or doing great jobs, then here comes the BUT word. our kepper, noone of them are doing well.:(

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ILF, you can try www.youtube.com, not sure if they will have the goals from yesterday but it's worth a try.

The kid is bang on form, he seems to be getting better all the time, got to be worth taking to Germany. It is difficult though with so many Argentine strikers in form.

As for the goalkeeping spot, I'd go for Franco, not great but much better than Pato and Lux. Franco is also (and this could be important) a very good penalty stopper.

19. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

more than pato?

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm leaning to Franco right now as well. Maybe because I see him less, but he's not making as many mistake as Pato and Lux. He's no Fillol, but he might be our best bet for this year. And he's been hot stopping penalties lately, who knows, he might be another Goyco for us.

For what is worth, he's also going to be much more familiar with many of the top forwards who play in La Liga,players we'll probably face at the WC, including some we'll see in the first round. He's got to have the Serbian guy Kezman figured out, since they're teammates.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Pato is in goal it will never get to penalties, Argentina will have lost well before then. :(

22. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I am also sticking to Franco when it comes to our keeper, he is the best keeper we could have currently.

23. sree_g78

sree_g78 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Hi guys after long time i got some time to reply, some gr8posts guys keep going.

My starting 11 will be

1.Franco (no pato please)
    2.Ayala
    3.Samuel
    4.Heinze(if he is fit)
    5.Zanetti
    6.Sorin
    7.Masherano
    8.Riquelme
    9.Messi
    10.Crespo
    11.Tevez

24. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup that line up is perfect I see nothing wrong it.:D :D

25. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wait just caught the inclusion of Samuel... I say keep him on the bench and bring in Gonzalo Rodriguez.