Your south america all star team

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Piffy187, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    simple thread choose your all star south american team...just to be fair minimum 1 player from each country and maximum 3 cause we all know there would be mostly brazilians and argentinans on all our teams :p well heres mine:

arquero:Claudio Bravo.defensa:Lucio.Maicon.Diego Lugano.Julio Caceres.mediocampo:Kaka.Veron.Mascherano.delantera:Messi.Alexis Sanchez.Forlan

banca:Abreu.Ronald Raldes.Joffre Guerron.Matias Fernandez.Macnelly Torres.

2. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    really? none of those guys would make my B squad.

the thread has existed in various forms befor, and using Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 (which I like), and trying to use 1 player from each country (which is somewhat difficult, and which i think you failed to do in your line up) my team would be

----------Renny Vega----------
    Zapata------Da Silva------Lugano
    Valencia-------Medel------Guerrero
    ------------Riquelme-----------
    Messi------Martins------Alexis

--- i found it difficult to include a Ven/Per/Bol player.

my ideal team, without having to have a player from each country

-----------Julio Cesar---------
    Medel------Lucio-----Lugano
    Messi----Mascherano---Robinho
    ------------Kaka---------
    Valencia--L. Fabiano---Alexis

3. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    they're all fun players to watch and very solid. to make the team work, especially from a defensive position, you'd have to get messi and robinho to sacrifice a bit more than they're used to. Valencia and Alexis are more than fit and talented enough to move up and down the flank in both offensive and defensive modes...

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Juan Vargas would be the token peruvian player if you needed to include someone from each country

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Definetly. Unless you were you play with a line of 3, Vargas is definetly the best LB from the Americas.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    --------------Julio Cesar---------
    ----Zapata----Lugano------Lucio---Vargas------
    Messi----Mascherano---Valencia----
    ------------Robinho----------
    -----L. Fabiano---Cabanas--------

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are ten countries in Conmebol, so if you stipulate that we must pick one player from each country then you don't need to limit any country to three players, because it is mathematically impossible to pick more than two players from any one country.

9. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    .........................bravo.........................
    zapata..............lugano..lucio.................vargas
    alexis sanchez..mascherano..valencia....arango..
    ..............messi...............martins.............

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True, but Piffy also included bench players in his call-up.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, how about this? I made a team, not including a goalkeeper, with one player from each of the ten Conmebol countries.

Perea (Colombia)....Caceres (Paraguay)...Lugano (Uruguay)... Vargas (Peru)
    ............................................Medel (Chile)
    ............Messi (Argentina).........Kaka (Brazil)...............Valencia (Ecuador)
    .....................Moreno Martins (Bolivia)... Maldonado (Venezuela)

12. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    plop!

13. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    ---------------------------------------------------------- Júlio César (Brasil) ----------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------ Iván Córdoba (Colombia) ----- Julio César Cáceres (Paraguay) --------------------------
    ------ Maicon (Brasil) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Juan Vargas (Perú) --
    ---------------------------- Javier Mascherano (Argentina) -------- Arturo Vidal (Chile) -----------------------------------
    ------- Lionel Messi (Argentina) ------------------ Kaká (Brasil) ---------------- Luis Antonio Valencia (Ecuador)
    ------------------------------------------------------- Diego Forlán (Uruguay) --------------------------------------------------------

Substitutos: Claudio Bravo (Chile); Diego Lugano (Uruguay), Claudio Morel Rodríguez (Paraguay); Segundo Castillo (Ecuador), Juan Román Riquelme (Argentina), Juan Arango (Venezuela); Marcelo Moreno (Bolivia)

3 argentinos, 1 boliviano, 3 brasileños, 2 chilenos, 1 colombiano, 2 ecuatorianos, 2 paraguayos, 1 peruano, 2 uruguayos y 1 venezolano.

14. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    where's your Bolivian?? on the starting team i mean.

15. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    No está en el equipo inicial, está como substituto: Marcelo Moreno (Bolivia).

16. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    in that case, i'm going with

----------------Julio Cesar------------
    Maicon---------Lugano-----------Lucio
    Messi----------Medel------------Robinho
    ----------------Kaka-------------------
    Alexis---------Fabiano-----------Valencia

bench
    Vargas, Maldonado, Moreno, Da Silva, Riquelme

17. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    El problema allí es que en el equipo incluyes 6 brasileños: Júlio César, Maicon, Lúcio, Robinho, Kaká y Luís Fabiano, superando los 3 como máximo de un sólo país que limitan al inicio del hilo.

18. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Who would you put? The only guy that would come in mind would be Morel, but this season was far from his greatest.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This is as close as any of us would get. End of.

20. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    i would choose a bunch of dudes, many of potentially less talented...but Guerrero is a guy that can't hold his temper, who throws tantrums he gets beat, commits too many fouls in dangerous areas and has on various occasions single handedly lossed games for both Peru and Fiorentina.

Morel, Vidal, Zanetti, Lugano, Caceres, even if playing a bit out of position i would rather

21. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Guerrero? wtf

I assume you mean Vargas in that case i haven't seen him throw any "tantrum" in Fiorentina and actually i just remember doing that in the Chile game, chances are that you haven't seen him play.

22. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Get your names right before you posting, at least.

Vidal is freaking midfileder. Zanetti is already too old to for Right Back, so they move him up to mid, and you wanna move him back to a whole new defensive position on the other side of the field? Caceres isn't even a starter for his own team...Let alone the horrendous errors he makes when he gets the chance to play.

And right now Vargas is a wing, but if you name me one decent LB (emphasis on the word) in the Americas that is better than him, I'll shut up.

23. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Vidal is a midfield and defender, he has played LB,RB too. Zanetti too old for right back? you kidding me? he runs more than 18 year olds, not to mention his class...

24. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Vidal: I don't care if he has covered for ********ing Bielsa as a coach. He is not a LB.
    35 yr old, more stamina than an 18 yr old? He is also not a LB.

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I can recall him playing badly for sure who hasnt,,,,but never single handedly losing games

that takes some true shitness