Your favourite top ten Orange tournement goals

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Sep 5, 2015.

1. #1 feyenoordsoccerfan, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    In this moment of dispair it seems good to start a thread that can uplift our spirit.
    My number one is the wacker Gio van Bronckhorst scored against Uruguay in WC 2010.
    Second the van Persie dive against Spain WC 2014.
    3d the wacker scored by Ari Haan in WC1978 against Italy it was, if I'm right. Could also be Scotland.
    4th is Denis Bergkamp against Argentina.
    5th Johan Cruijff against Brasilin 1974. I have to think about the others.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I have to think the order, but Van Basten's volley at Euro '88 surely made it to my top 5. So did Van Persie's diving header, Bergkamp's nicely controlled strike, and Gio's bullet. Robben had at least a couple of goals that I liked, maybe the most recent one in memory against Spain when he out-sprinted everybody and nutmegged Iker.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Snjeider's header against Brazil in 2010

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    1 - Robben's goal against France Euro 08 - I gave up on Football and quit for a while. This goal brought me back into it.
    2 - Robben's goal against Spain WC 14
    3 - Sneijder's goal in Euro 08 (can't remember against him)
    4 - RVP's goal against Spain WC 14
    5 - Gio's against Uruguay WC 14
    6 - Huntelaar's nodding into empty goal against Cameroon - The Robben comeback - Cameroon WC 2010 - Signifies Robben lighting up the WC with a hole in his leg
    7 - Sneijder's goals against Brazil WC 14 - I went mad after fighting with Bralizian fans amongst my family
    8 -
    9 -
    10 -

Will add 3 more after thinking

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Are we talking about beauty or the importance of goals ?

In terms of beauty :

1 : Bergkamp vs Argentina 98
    2 : Van Basten vs URSS 88
    3 : Gio vs Uruguay 2010
    4 : Haan vs Italy 78
    5 : Haan vs Germany 78
    6 : Jonk vs Saudi Arabia 94
    7 : Brandts vs Italy 78
    8 : Robben vs Spain 2014
    9 : Sneijder vs France 2008
    10 : Van Basten vs England 88 (1st goal)

But it's hard to compare a long shot by Haan with a combination Bergkamp/Kluivert or an accelaration+goal by Robben... I went mainly for the long shots.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How about best miss?:eek: Resenbrink in the 78 WC final against Argentina. One could also chronicle all the missed PKs over the years as well.

7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    If we talk about he goals scored in qualifiers/friendlies, this one is in my top 3 for sure, such a masterpiece, he obviously practiced it in the training sessions before, cause it looked so well executed :

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This one is not bad either from the master of the black arts:

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also like this one:

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No love for this goal Laurent?

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can only find the de Boer goal vs France 2000 in a commercial, lol. Last goal in this clip:

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe is the first goal vs Argentina 1998 a bit underrated due to the second?

Nice dribble, spectacular falling header assist en then clinical finish. Like it as well.

13. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I don't like it as much as people do. It was a great inspiration though.

14. Your choice, but you of course could make a double list. No rules in this game.

15. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Love it and Hunter's goal in this match but not an Oranje goal in a "Tournament" I guess as the TS specified?

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, I partly responded to Laurent and his vdV goal against Andorra. I forgot about that one. Hunters goal was a great soldier goal. Most players would probably retract their head, not him. Great courage.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We probably need some 2008 goals in here people. Some counters were just filthy:D

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I also remember a Davids goal, a semi solo. Was that against Yugoslavia? The Serbs?

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    1998 ? I thought about it but I think the shot was deflected

20. See....it works..........everybody ploughing their brains with a big smile:)

21. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It was tough to select just 10 so I cheat a bit. Perhaps it should be about favourite goals, not just 10.
    1 : Van Basten vs Soviet Union 88
    It ensured we got our first title. I was ecstatic! Beauty was a huge bonus.
    2 : Bergkamp vs Argentina 98
    It was near the end of the game. I thought we were heading to extra time and PK which I did not like. Again the beauty was a huge bonus
    3 : Van Basten vs Germany 88
    Similar to number 2 as the game near the end of regular time but arguably made me happier as it was against our nemesis.
    4 : Gio vs Uruguay 2010 and Haan vs Italy 78
    Both are screamers.
    5 : Van Persie 1st goal vs Spain 2014 and Robben 2nd goal vs Spain 2014
    The first defined the Flying Dutchman and the second defined the night and another excellent journey began!
    6 : Sneijder vs Italy 2008 and Van Persie vs France 2008
    These 2 should be in any football teaching video about counter attack.
    7 : Robben vs France 2008 and Neeskens vs Brazil 74
    I did not expect a goal at all from Robben at this angle. I did not know how Neeskens could poach the toes like that and the ball swirled!
    8 : Sneijder vs Brazil 2010
    Sneijder scored with the head and the comeback is completed. You could sense Brazil would not be able to come back mentally.
    9 : Edgard Davids vs Yugoslavia 1998
    I had the feeling that this team could go all the way (of course I was wrong). So talented!
    10 : Bergkamp vs Germany 1992 and Robben vs Uruguay 2010
    Both are headers. Any goal vs Germany during the late 80's early 90's is special after 88 and 90 encountered. This introduced Bergkamp to me in his first major tournament. Robben goal confirmed our place in the final.

I have 15 and perhaps that I forgot one or two.

22. You lot forgot all about this thread, didnoy you?
    Well, still live in it!
    The FIFA stole my idea!

https://www.ad.nl/offside/rvp-gio-en-bergkamp-in-race-voor-mooiste-wk-doelpunt-ooit~ae8fc468/
    Who would you like to see in the Greatest Goals quarter-finals? Robin Van Persie for his iconic diving header? VOTE using the emoji! Or Teófilo Cubillas for his cheeky set-piece? VOTE using the...

RVP, 'Gio' en Bergkamp in race voor mooiste WK-doelpunt ooit
    VideoRobin van Persie is met zijn zwevende kopdoelpunt tegen Spanje op het WK 2014 in de race voor de FIFA-verkiezing van mooiste doelpunt op een WK.

ANP 04-04-18, 14:29
    In aanloop naar het WK in Rusland is een lijst van 32 doelpunten samengesteld die telkens in een duel strijden voor de volgende ronde. Van Persie's doelpunt heeft de eerste ronde overleefd en woensdag moet het meer stemmen vergaren dan een benutte vrije trap van de Peruviaan Teófilo Cubillas. Stemmen kan via de Facebook-pagina FIFA World Cup.
    [​IMG]
    Een iconische foto van AD-fotograaf Pim Ras kort na de goal van Dennis Bergkamp tegen Argentinië. © Pim Ras

Ook de knal van afstand van Giovanni van Bronckhorst tegen Uruguay in 2010 en het doelpunt van Dennis Bergkamp op het WK 1998 tegen Argentinië zitten bij de laatste zestien. Later op woensdag neemt het afstandsschot van Van Bronckhorst het op tegen het doelpunt van Michael Owen tegen Argentinië. De fraaie treffer van Bergkamp concurreert donderdag met de solo van Diego Maradona tegen België.

[​IMG]
    Robin van Persie. © Pim Ras
    Dit is het eerste 'duel' voor een plek bij de laatste acht mooiste WK-goals.

FIFA World Cup
    The last 16 of our Greatest Goals series begins with a cracker Vote using the emoji for James Rodríguez' wonder goal against Uruguay! If you prefer Joe Cole's brilliant strike, vote using the...

[​IMG]
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst in extase na zijn wereldgoal tegen Uruguay. Foto: Pim Ras

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jaap Stam's header in 1997 vs. Belgium.

That goal doesn't get enough credit