Your "Beckham Rule" player wishlist

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by dustcowpoke, Nov 11, 2006.

1. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's try and keep this as realistic as possible (you won't lure C. Ronaldo or Rooney from Man United, and Reyes doesn't want to leave Real Madrid).

What player would you most like to see play for the Dynamo, that the Dynamo could actually acquire?

My list:
    1) David Beckham
    2) Jiri Jarosik
    3) Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    4) Jared Borgetti
    5) Mario Maccarone

2. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you say none of them. No offense, but I don't care for any of them at all. 'cept Becks, I exclude him because I think he actually wants to go to the east coast or the west. Not the Gulf Coast. If I had to choose it would be Jared Borgetti. Because of his aerial threat and goal poaching abilities.:p

3. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not supposed to pick from my list you're supposed to make your own. :D

Who would you like to see in a Dynamo uniform?

4. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did I know that would irk you... Ha Ha... lol
    OK, My choice would be an older Man U man in his last season. Ryan Giggs. I would bring him in a coaching/training position. His experience would be invaluable, and if he was fit enough Put him in as a Mid fielder to replace the soon departed De-Rosario. ;)
    The others on the X-mas shopping list:
    Brian Mc.Bride
    Carlos Bocaneggra
    Frank Lampard
    Edgar Davids

5. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idea. Maybe we could use our DP to convince DeRo to stay by offering him a little more than whatever amount the Euro club offers him?

6. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I refuse to be realistic!

Oliver Kahn
    Michael Ballack
    Michael Owen

If Cristiano Ronaldo set foot in Houston, I'd kick his ass. There was something about him that made me hate him during the World Cup.

I'll be back with more if I can think of anyone else. :)

7. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO, don't know if AEG has $100 million needed to acquire these players!

8. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AEG probaly wouldn't put up 100 million. Nor should they. Others could be aquired without that kind of investment.
    The reason I would want De-rosario to go overseas is for him to excell his talents. He'll grow faster there. I think it would be selfish to ask him to stay. :eek:

9. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Cristiano Ronaldo set foot in Houston, I'd kick his ass. There was something about him that made me hate him during the World Cup.

I'll be back with more if I can think of anyone else. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. a good Yiddish word that describes him is "Smarmy".and "Schmuck" comes to mind. We should send him straight to that adolescent Wanye Rooney so he could stomp on Ronaldo's privates.:D
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

10. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p If they did, we'd have our own SSS.

How's this for more realistic...Claudio Reyna?

:D Sounds like a plan

11. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good. :) He and DeRo in midfield would be a good partnership.

12. Tone Capone

Tone Capone Member

Dec 6, 2005
    SF Bay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    ESPN.com awhile ago made their own list which is quite do-able. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=365846&root=mls&cc=5901
    The list go like this:

Rivaldo
    Jay-Jay Okocha
    Jared Borgetti
    Ariel Ortega
    Edgar Davids
    Rui Costa
    Alvaro Recoba
    Roy Keane
    Karel Poborsky
    Steve McManaman

My favorites are Davids, Borgetti, Okocha, and Rivaldo. My first love is SJ however so as soon as they return, I'll want Borgetti on my side. He'll bring countless Mexicans to the stadium to launch the new Quakes. As far as Houston goes, Rivaldo would be your best bet if you end up losing DeRo. Also, mentioning Davids naturally leads me to nominate Clarence Seedorf for the Beckham rule allocation.

13. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You caught me in the middle of editing/deleting a post. And I thought I was being quick.

:( I really hope De Ro stays.

14. chrishungate

chrishungate Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    • Roberto Carlos
    • Ronaldo
    • Luis Figo
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Zidane
    • Patrick Vieira
    Anyone less famous than those would be a waste of the money from a marketing perspective, I think...however you might get a good somewhat unknown player that could seriously help the team vs. just being a marketing toy.

15. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all Love DeRosario. I wish he would stay., but I know he is too good and Glenn Davis says he is as good as gone.But not to Toronto. It is like saying goodbye to an old friend. But Claudio Reyna is retired from Int'l games and would be excellent with Ricardo Ckark or even Ryan Cocraine. ! Good Thinking.
    He would be worth the loss of De Ro.;)

16. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

I agree with you. a good Yiddish word that describes him is "Smarmy".and "Schmuck" comes to mind. We should send him straight to that adolescent Wanye Rooney so he could stomp on Ronaldo's privates.:D
    Sorry, couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

Other words to describe C. Ronaldo: awesome, fantastic, incredible. :D

Ok, ok...so, he dove in WC and whined a bit. But give him credit for growing up this season with Man U. Seriously, he's playing awesome this year and has cut out a bunch of that crap he pulled this Summer. He's only getting better.

17. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    My wish list, hmmm, let me think. Uhm...Figo!

Seriously...Rui Costa!

Whattabout Recoba? He's a great mid, plays in Europe but would also bring the S. American fans? I think that kind of combination would get the best returns. A Central or S. American player that plays in Europe. Then, you can market the Euro fans and the Latin fans. Everybody is happy.

18. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
  19. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder could some of the Boca Juniors kids wanna come to the Us. Or Independiente has a few good players not getting enough starting time. I am naturally (or un-naturally) inclined :confused: to look at Euro -players. Yhere is a wealthof talent in Argentina and Brazil. The cost would be 1/4 that of the Euro-snobs, so to speak.:D

20. Tone Capone

Tone Capone Member

Dec 6, 2005
    SF Bay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You might get the same reation from him as you would get if you were playing FIFA and tried to sign young talent to a MLS side...not prestigious enough. nice find regardless.

21. DynamoGuy16

DynamoGuy16 Member

Aug 4, 2006
    What about Rivaldo?

22. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you increase the player's salary he forgets how prestigous your club is and signs with you no matter what.

23. Tone Capone

Tone Capone Member

Dec 6, 2005
    SF Bay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    thanks for the tip...it'll be put to use shortly.

24. BobyOne

BobyOne Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know many suggested Borgetti, but I don't think he's the best fit for Dynamo. We have a player that's very similar to Borgetti in Ching (plays well in air and holds up the ball). I am not convinced that Borgetti is that much better than Ching to justify the extra money paid for him. Instead, this team needs help at one of two positions:

- second (non-target) forward: I don't see Dalglish or Moreno being the answer long term. We need a player that is good off the dribble, that can make intelligent runs and play well off of a target forward like Ching. Players like: Owen, Ronaldo, Tevez, etc. Other than Ronaldo, I can't think of too many players like this that would be willing to come to US. Perhaps a lesser known player from Mexico or South America.

- attacking midfielder (provided DeRo leaves): We don't have anyone waiting in the wings to play this position. I would like to see in Dynamo uniform: Riquelme, Rui Costa, or Rosicky.

25. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    Roy Keane is retired and manager of sunderland.:rolleyes: