young psv match postponed 1-23

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by afgrijselijkheid, Jan 23, 2006.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    not exactly sure why, but no potential nguyen debut tonight

they next play feb 6th against young willem II

2. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    A confidential source tells me that Hiddink specifically canceled the match so that Nguyen can work on his 1v1 skills for a while (before his debut) :eek:

3. Lazzer

Lazzer Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Why just not play him?

4. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    if it is as cold as it is here, I wouldn't want to play soccer either. -9 celsius right now

5. kinstlinger

kinstlinger Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Baltimore
    I find this to be a potentially interesting story.. not this game's cancellation, but
    the development of Nyugen.
    I might be slightly off, but I believe that currently in America, there is one athlete with a American/Southeastern Asian background - Dat Nyugen of the Dallas Cowboys. (as opposed to Yao Ming)
    Sports, to me, can be a fascinating study b/c it 'should' be a true meritocracy of ability, but it has produced insight into the role race plays in many things.
    Jackie Robinson, Texas Western, Ali, etc.
    Currently, there are more blacks on the US 24-man roster than on any baseball team, despite the lack of marketing or big name stars to promote it.
    Should Lee make the team in 2010, for example, it won't be something publicized b/c of the paucity of soccer coverage in the US, but it'll be an interesting and revealing story, nonetheless.

6. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    KNVB-site says it's because of bad weather conditions.

Yeah, Hiddink let him take on Beasley in 1v1 situations but they stopped that after a few hours because both were not moving.

7. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    This reminds once when, during the early 1980s Milwaukee Bucks practice, according to Don Nelson, Bob Lanier (6'10", 290ish) and his back-up Jeff Crompton (7', 310ish) did a little "2-on-2" ... against each other.