You were here when you were s%*t- Former Players and Youngsters

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jan 24, 2011.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saw this on Twitter, Lampard is the most talented one for me. Came in 2nd behind Ronaldinho that season for the Ballon D’Or.

And Damien Duff was amazing for us. Him and Robben tearing up defenses. Every now and then I think about attack with Duff/Robben and Hazard would be downright terrifying.

Also, Huuuuuttthhhh!

Blueallthru and lobomojo repped this.
  6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dumb stacked. Elite players in every position. That just doesn’t happen much anymore does it?

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It does, it just rarely works. Look at Inter when they had Baggio on the bench for instance. Think Pool would be closest to being stacked at every position.

We did have one of the better keepers (Cudicini) as a backup and would've walked onto most teams at the time. And some great depth though. Problem was lacking a winger when Duff or Robben were hurt. SWP sure wasn't the solution though.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mid season report on Hazard. 13 apps, 1 goal

stanger and Rman3349 repped this.
  9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not surprising. He'll find trouble if he doesn't start to produce.

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not like he had an injury or something....

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know he's been out, but if he doesn't produce those supporters will be all over him. They called him fat when he showed up.

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He did show up overweight but produced some impressive displays before he got injured. He is great when is fit but I do feel he might get injured more.often now.

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    29, history of injuries particularly on hips and had a bruised ankle just a few months ago, ankle surgery a few years back, and an attacking talisman, part of me thinks he's cooked. Or nearly cooked.

If there's anything I learned from Shevchenko, it's to never sign a club's attacking talisman at a particular point. And that's usually when they're in their late 20s. The money at the time definitely helped, but Sheva was approaching 30 and at that point lost his speed. It's annoying that we didn't learn that lesson with Torres.

However, I'm not bothered that Hazard left. The reasons why are mentioned up above, but given the wages he's on and the performances he's producing, we fleeced Madrid. Big time.

lobomojo repped this.
  14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's their 2nd most expensive signing behind Bale, with potential to be their most expensive signing. But given the injuries, I won't be surprised when Madrid fans realize that they might have been fleeced. Hazard did admit he showed up to Madrid overweight and it's obvious in early photos.

15. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Watching Spurs-Watford: Why did we sign that bum Bakayoko instead of giving Chalobah a shot :(

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose has done nothing of note at Spurs but whinge. I mean, everyone expected this except for Levy?

Poch, as much as I think he's overrated, at least won plenty of matches without Kane and never complained as much as Jose has in a few weeks.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chalboah another South London boy from the academy. I think maybe we just reached our quota on South London players maybe? We still have his brother on the books. Do we have any kind of buy back I wonder?

Rman3349 and lobomojo repped this.
  18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose may turn out to be a mistake, no longer a fan of his in the slightest, but Pooch had not won shit in over a year, with or with out Kane, why he is gone. Levy and his handling of ins and outs and pay issues pissing off players, the biggest problem. Wasted a fine gathering of talent. But Pooch still over-rated will laugh if ManU pay him a fortune.

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Connor with two assists in Swansea debut

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...irbrushed-history-true-goalscoring-reference/

"The greatest casualty in terms of recent recognition, however, is undoubtedly still Greaves.

His all-time record for goals across the ‘big five’ European leagues was actually only recently broken by Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Just stop and think about that. An English footballer - Jimmy Greaves - stands with only Messi and Ronaldo in the entire history of football as one of the leading three goalscorers in the major European club leagues."

21. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's gonna be a keeper for us, and seems to be the kind of player that will compliment Mount really well

22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mount would do well to start complimenting himself as things stand now..

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Load of shit this is. He's turned into a scapegoat just like Kepa has. He's the only ********ing midfielder we have that can consistently score. Mount needs a break, not be a ********ing scapegoat.

lobomojo repped this.
  25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Precisely, plus he does a lot more,than he gets credited for, even when he has a stretch like now where he is not scoring goals, you know like everyone else on the team who are also not scoring goals. Defense, movement, presenting himself for a outlet pass. Generally moving the ball on well, though not at his best there last start, again like everyone else on the team.

One issue I think is we really only have room for two non goal scoring midfielders to play with Mount in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 whatever, who with the injuries is our only attacking minded real goal threat box to box but we have Kante who defends best, Kov who dribbles best, Jorg who passes best; we need all three skills, but out of two not three of them, unless we go to a diamond when Reece is available for width, perhaps Reece and Alonso with Kante anchoring a diamond. With a diamond (and Kov to break thru on dribble) we would need Willian tracking back less, so could go with only one wing, be it Willian still, or CHO, til Pul back or we get a striker or give Giroud a go as 2nd striker where his speed and D less exposed.