******** you, Don Garber!

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Timon19, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.si.com/soccer/video/201...-garber-columbus-crew-relocation-austin-texas

I tweeted this link out on Twitter. Yes. I post on Twitter. My first Tweet was #SaveTheCrew. My last Tweet will be #SaveTheCrew. I will be signing off from that popularity contest for attention whores once Crew is saved.

With that said, Garber is such a goddamn robot. What a putz. Did he sit through a Fratass PowerPoint indoctrination of talking points? Don does not have a sincere bone in his little android body. He looks so uncomfortable.

I did not hear one hopeful thing. Twitter’s masses have heard some positive messages after viewing that video. I suppose the glass is half empty when it comes to my faith in Garber. Hell I think the glass is empty.

One highlight of that video is the #SaveTheCrew backdrop. Good god, Sports Illustrated, that was beautiful.

2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    It's a positive if Garber mentions adding local owners as a way to keep the Crew in Columbus. That's something we all want too.

3. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I noted that, too. It's a new talking point and I wonder why it's there. Or, maybe he's just trolling the Columbus Partnership?

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

The fact is that investing money in the Columbus Crew as it is now constituted means going into partnership with Anthony Precourt.

Nobody with any sense is going to do that. The guy is a piece of shit and Crew or no Crew I wouldn't give him and Dave Greeley $100 to manage. Who would?

I don't know whether it's trolling or cluelessness. Doesn't matter. Not gonna happen. Nobody wants to be FratBoy Slim's minority partner.

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does anyone want to participate in Thursday morning conjecture on Garble's level of involvement with the Austin idea?

Knowing initiator? Willing accomplice? Bamboozled chump?

6. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    Does it really matter?

On his watch MLS has completely damaged its relationship with its first fans.

7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    You miss teaching in the classroom, don't you?

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure that fact is edged into the parting speech given to him as he leaves.

I have taught a lot over the past ten years (probably could argue too much if that is possible). My current position allows me to teach if I want to. For instance, I am working on a presentation/lecture I will be delivering at six high schools in Stark County.

9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Knowing initiator. I have no doubts.

10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have slowly come around to this theory. As it has become clearer and clearer Dong Judas Arber betrayed Crew for 30 pieces of silver, depression has given way to pure, unbridled anger.

During my browsings a week ago, I saw BS has a sub-forum about "you being the Don" (because I suppose we should all aspire to be that sad excuse for a human being). Perhaps we should move this thread over to that forum with these instructions:

"You can do better than Donny boy. Conspire to snatch a vestige of MLS history. You have five years to pull this conniving off. Pull in a dimwitted, trust fund baby at your own peril. Make sure to use the years to come up with gagworthy phrases like parallel paths, business metrics, drop count, and urban core. Try with all your might not to garble your shiny LA (no, not the Galaxy or Chivas) club's first pick at the 2008 Superdraft. At the bare minimum, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot!"

SourCream&OnionUtd and Draghignazzo repped this.
  11. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    And don't hang out in the restrooms of bus stations....

The phrase "parallel paths" annoys me since the reality is the opposite. They are on a single path which will soon reach a fork where they will take 1 but not the other branch.

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread as received too little love today.

And yes, POd, the parallel paths is such bull**** double-talk deceit, I hope they do not kiss their mothers with those mouths.

13. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    The Gargler has queso dripping from his lips.

14. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s not queso....

Draghignazzo and Crewmudgeon repped this.
  15. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's an opening match 2-0 victory "F**k you, Don Garber".

Tobias C, POdinCowtown and Draghignazzo repped this.
  16. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Here's a DeWine "F*** You, Garber".

KHT_Crew and Crewster repped this.
  17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess who got mentioned in a massive complaint today?

Hint: His name is in the title of this thread.

18. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUMP!!!

With the Crew's saving awaiting the dotting of i's and crossing of t's, let's look at Dong Arber.
    He will certainly come out of this smelling like a rose, after sh!tting on Columbus for months. When the ink is dry, I expect he'll have some sort of press release dripping with false benevolence about how magnanimous he has been through this whole process.
    Never will he actually visit Columbus again, as most certainly he would receive the boos and jeers he deserves.
    I so want us to, if not win, at least host MLS Cup, so he has to face the community and fans he has dogged and get his just deserts.
    @sshat.

19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    He will not come out smelling like roses. This one year debacle is a huge shit stain for the league.

20. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will never, ever forget this creation, KHT.

Draghignazzo repped this.