YKPAIHIAH Premier League - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Actually Shaxov came on for Selezinka... I think hes ready to get shafted ;)

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fedetsky has looked really poor to start the season too I've been disappointed in him so far. He might find his calling as a slightly better version of Mykhailyk pretty soon if this Luchkevich kid keeps it up. Douglas looks much improved, finally Cheburashka can make way.

Seleznyov is out of game shape right now lol, he looked bad but man Kalinic is just shockingly ineffective almost every time he plays. Seleznyov is still somehow more useful.

3. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Top 3 teams won.

Chudo held at home to a tuff Zorya team.

Metalist eek out a win against Zakrep and move into 5th place.

At the bottom of the standings Karpaty finally win one against Volyn and leave homeless Illich at the foot of the table.

First hatrick of the season by Artem Kravets'.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Don't look now but Kravets has 4 goals in 4 games this season. Dynamo do have a forward and he is domestic.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Great. I am looking forward to seeing more of his goals which will come in 2017. The last time he scored prior to this was in the 2008/2009 campaign.

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He scored two goals against Metalurh Zaporizhzhya in May 2013.

8. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    How was it decided that Shaktar would play in Lviv? Not only is that on the complete opposite side of the country but, you can comfortably argue that Lviv was the most pro-maidan city, and Donetsk is top 2 most Russian sympathizing city (not that I think that Donestsk is a fervent about being pro russia as Lviv is about being pro-maidan), but still it seems awkward. Why not Kharkiv? From just anecdotal evidence, that is where a lot of the Donbass Diaspora went. Are officials worried that Kharkiv would have been too close and could lead to potential trouble?

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think it may have to do with trying to utilize the stadium in Lviv, which, otherwise, would have been just sitting there like sore thumb.

10. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    But who is going to these games?

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Not too many people, obviously.

12. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    Thought that 18,500 were at the match against metalist. Maybe people from Lviv just wanted to see a good game?

13. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shaxtar played against Illichivets at Bannikov Stadium in Kyiv on Friday...

Only 970 showed up...

14. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    I feel like more would have showed up to watch if it was played at my local high school.

15. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    When Olimpik hosted Shakhtar at the same stadium a couple of weeks ago they got a pretty good turnout, the stadium was almost full. Nice to see knowledgeable football fans coming out and supporting the game.

16. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
  17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha that's crazy! He came from Basel a good club, he was disappointing at Dnipro for the most part. Fast player with a slight build. Not sure how he will adapt to US style of play plus I'm not sure what kind of form he's in, he's been in our doghouse for 2 years. Shrewd signing though, he might be useful.

19. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    Bit of a hike from Arlington, but maybe you would be interested in the Washington Ukrainian Festival in Silver Spring, MD next weekend: http://www.ukrainefestdc.com/

Unfortunately for me, this is the 2nd year in a row I will be out of town for wedding/bachelor party.

20. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia

Well worth the trip -- I go every year!

21. 1860

1860 Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Victoria
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo Chempion!

I'm not sure where this ranks in YKPAIHIAH all time but a possibility of an undefeated season would help rank this team even higher.

Vida scoring yesterday again in a big time match. He did score against Shaxtar earlier in the season @ Olympiysky.

Well done.

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #48 goliath74, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  24. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Metalurg D is closing up shop or "merging with Dniprodzherzansk Stal" - the official press release

There's some dark clouds on the horizon. Mainstays Karpaty and Illichivets have been relegated. Hoverla and Volyn are facing the 'fiscal cliff.' Chernomorets and Metalist have already fallen off the proverbial cliff. Who knows when Shahktar and Zorya will be able to return home. Dynamo and Dnipro are the only two clubs on relatively solid footing. I guess thats what a war will do to one's domestic championship

25. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

only Illich got relegated...