"Yes, the Standard Buy-Back Clause is Included" - Real Madrid Loan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kovacic will make it tough for him to get minutes. I put Llorente above Dani, but I guess if Zidane is going to use Kovacic as a DM then Dani fits better.

Digital repped this.
  2. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not surprising. It's been discussed to death we have 7 mids for 3 spots and all are young and need playing time.

I'd prefer if Ceballos was the one loaned and Marcos was a straight swap for Casemiro, but Kovacic's versatility makes things difficult for Zidane. Good problem to have.

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We don't have 3 spots in midfield with the diamond 442. Last season one of our weak points was a lack of backup to Casemiro, it meant Kroos had to play too many matches.

Llorente staying is a no brainer for me.

Shay Z, 9Qui, kelvinphr and 1 other person repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I love Mateo, and he is steadily growing into an amazing player, I can't help but remember the spring clasico where we had to sub out Casemiro out of fear he was going to be sent off. We subbed in Kovacic and they were getting through our midfield much easier. I still don't see him as a viable replacement at the 6 in the big games. I see him in Luka or Toni's spots.

kelvinphr, xRamos4 and natenate101 repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be fair, we were playing with 10 men and were chasing a goal. I think he dispelled those fears with the past two matches.

Anon. and Açores57 repped this.
  6. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah but we still switch to 433 quite often, especially late in games which accommodates Asensio and Lucas. As of now Llorente is at the very bottom for minutes. I wouldn't mind him staying either but if the minutes aren't going to be there then he should go out on loan.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    In any case one of the Ceballos / Llorente will be hitting the stands, in case of healthy squad. This should be considered carefully, because Llorente and Ceballos are both top prospects who will be future of this club, and they need minutes to develop.

So who to keep and who to send on a loan? Llorente for example has shown fantastic performances in Alaves and is ready for substantial role in the team. Besides he represents what we lacked before - a replacement for Casemiro. While on the other hand you have Ceballos, player who plays higher up the pitch and also has incredible potential. But we already have Kovačić and Isco if needed to cover in case of injuries.

Hard choice indeed.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta keep Llorente here. Kovacic can go the job against certain teams but we need someone backing up Casemiro who was a more defensive mentality. Someone who's thinking of cutting off passing lanes and is focused on their positioning. Kovacic needs to roam a bit more. I still see him more as Kroos or modric's sub than Casemiro's. Ceballos should be loaned and if he isn't he'll just have to suck it up, he knows where he is and what it takes to play. Llorente stays for me.

Ahmadi8, Doni, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  9. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I think this is one of the reasons that we need to ensure a deep Copa del Rey run this year. If we are in the semifinals of the Copa that would mean 8 extra games for players like Ceballos and Llorente. Toss in 8 substantial runouts in la Liga when we have injuries/rotations (and hopefully a few more shorter sub cameos) and maybe 2 substantial Champs League appearances and 2 at the WCC and that's 20 games or so. Probably half of what they would get if they were loaned and they get to train every day with the first team and hopefully benefit from the best in the world competition.

Shay Z, 9Qui and natenate101 repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do understand your point but to be frank, Kovacic played the last match and we were solid defensively. That was our first clean sheet vs Barcelona since 20.4.2011. That's over 6 years. And the one before that was in 2007.

We had 2 clean sheets vs Barcelona in 10 years. We got 1 with Kovacic last match. And the match before that we woulda also kept a clean sheet if it wasn't for the bs dive penalty.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all watched the match, they could've scored several times, it's not like we were watertight. Also, Asensio's goal demoralized them quite a bit and they are already in a bad moment overall. It's not enough for me to say he is the answer there. Kovacic at DM doesn't pass the eye test, we need someone focused on defense and protecting the backline first, pushing up in attack and excessive dribbling is not a priority there. I want Kova to play more, for sure, he is dynamic and I truly feel he can contribute more going forward. Llorente should be the backup in my mind.

Hsain85, S1na, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be fair, they had just as much if not more chances with Casemiro there in the first leg.

I think it's undeniable that Kovacic played a significant role in shutting down Messi for two games there. I'm not really sure where we go from there, the sample size is very small.

Hsain85 and 9Qui repped this.
  13. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If one of the two needs to go out on loan, it should be Ceballos. He's younger and Llorente offers something different than the other midfielders. I'm still not convinced about Kovacic's suitability as a DM against certain opponents.

Maybe Ceballos only agreed the transfer if we didn't loan him out, though. I remember some reports about that when we signed him.

That said, if Zidane thinks he won't be able to provide enough playing time for the both of them, I suppose we should loan one of them out to optimize their development. I have high hopes for both players.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well it's only two games, small sample size and I'm not arguing for one or the other, but if Mateo can do a reasonable job as DM against Farca, I can't think of any other team that can cause us more problems than them in that area to be honest

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DM = Defending Messi

He did that role perfectly, but i don't expect him to develop much in that position.

Zidane05 repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think keeping Marcos is the play here. We needed a backup for Casemiro last summer and I don't see Kova developing into that player. I mean he did great these 2 games but playing him there isn't the best use of his attributes. He should backup Modric and Kroos.

Marcos has already done the "loan to la liga side" thing. He belongs here now. It should never be a choice between Ceballos and Marcos because Ceballos is an opportunistic signing who was offered to be sent on loan but insisted on staying same situation as Mariano last season who also refused to go out on loan and barely featured the whole season. I see the same thing happening with Ceballos this season. Its ok, he can get the fringe mins here and there then maybe decide on loan in December or next summer. We have time with him so no worries.

There is room and mins on this team for Marcos.

-Reivax- repped this.
  17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Who knows what Ceballos was promised to win his signature.

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    True.

Hopefully he will take whatever scraps he will get this season and be content with it. Total hypothetical: in the future if we end up having to sell Ceballos because he is unhappy here I think it would be easier to replace him rather than Llorente.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but with him on the pitch we can "keep the ball" more, dominate possession, less of a need to "defend" in that position if you get what I mean, and if we can "keep the ball" more than Farca who probably did it best, well it can be a viable option/ alternative to an out and out defensive player , with all three midfielders capable of good defensive work as well, just a thought, I have zero problems with adequate cover in Llorente for Casemiro, and I agree with that too.

Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Odegaard is enjoying himself as right winger. Made it into leading football magazine Voetbal International team of the week! He's part of the right side flank that really clicks together.
    [​IMG]
    Het VI Elftal van de Week van Speelronde 3

Excape Goat, -Reivax-, PigBenis and 9 others repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We need him and Vinicius to come good. Good signs so far.

Anyone have news on Sergio Diaz?

madridista_hr repped this.
  22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He has started on the bench in Lugo's 2 first league games but he has been subbed on in both.

S1na repped this.
  23. Very short youtube highlights of the Heerenveen match with Odegaard on the wing:

Ahmadi8, S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    His control is already elite. He needs to work on his finishing if he's going to play high up, but the progress is extremely promising and it might very well mean he's back at the club next year.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. You can tell his confidence has grown.

9Qui repped this.