Yelldell: Leeds v. Brighton, 1-29 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BuffloSoldier, Jan 29, 2005.

1. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    In his first match on loan to Brighton, Yelldell expected to start at Elland Road.

2. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  3. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    go yelldell - this is his first pro game yeah? or no? also, has he been part of any us youth teams?

4. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    1-0 to Leeds at the half. Clark Carlisle.

5. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Capt made the trip to Leeds. Perhaps an write up or an interview with Yelldell in Yanks-Abroad?

6. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Sky commentator praises Yelldell.

7. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    And it's 1-1, which is why the commentator got some air time.

8. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA

That was some pretty high praise in that article.
    Sounds like he was really happy with the performance today... not bad after only meeting his teammates the night before.

Congratulations to David Yelldell.
    I hope this is the start of a nice long career.

With all the people praising other American Keepers... I wonder where he'll end up as he's someone almost none of us has seen.

10. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...e30.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/01/30/ixfooty.html

Couple of excerpts

and

And a fans view point

11. Horndude

Horndude New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    A long drive from SJ
    Isn't that Butters guy from Colorado?

12. jelliot

jelliot Member

Jun 10, 2002
    DC, Adams Morgan
    Does he have a future with the USMNT in four years, or is he captied through the German youth system.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Far as I know there's is no association with German youth system. The only association to germany is one of his parents and that fact he played in Stuttgart Kicker's youth system. As far a future with the Nats----that's debatable. Shows to be a good prospect for a side in England but we are stacked in the 'keeper department and he has already or is soon to be 23 and has little first team experience. I really hope he shows well and his loan is extended or a CCC side will sign him this summer. Friedel, I believe had some nice things to say about him and this loan will give him some much needed starts.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I'll chime in with he was bought by Rovers a year or so ago for 6 figures... leading me to believe they have some hopes for him. That's decent money for a young player who's not had first team experience.

As to how he'll stack up against others... I'm not necessarily as impressed with the future netminders for the USA as others.

Cannon didn't have any luck in Europe, Howard has been reduced to 2nd string and has shown major issues in his dealings with crosses. Johnny Walker isn't really young and he showed definitely vulnerabilities last year. Adin Brown hasn't taken MLS or the world by storm. Busch is a nice player but I'm not sure he's world class.

So count me in on those that would like to see as many Americans fighting for places with our national team. I don't know if Yelldell will make it, but at 23 he can't really be that far behind others of his age - with the exception of Howard (who needs to regain confidence... and soon)

15. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I refuse to recognize the "Cousin Oliver" of South Park. :D

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't be captied as a youth, if, when he first played for another nation, he already was a dual citizen.

So, as to the 2nd half of your question, I'm sure he's not cap-tied.