Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah ..

My preference would be that team but with Malcom in place of Suarez.
    I’d play Messi in the centre flanked by Malcom abs and Dembele

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Apparently PSG want 120m + Coutinho + another player...possibly Semedo. Bartomeu would be bending over if he did that deal.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Meh.... I hate to defend Neymar, but does the author of that article not know that Neymar didn’t play in that 1-7 loss or the 2016 Copa disaster? And in 2011 & 2015 they lost a penalty shootout to Paraguay and this time they won a PK shootout v Paraguay. At home.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’d rather the cash plus Suarez and Rakitic ..

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, Rakitic could be that 'other player'. But have to be realistic. If PSG lose Neymar they need someone to fill the hole that he leaves. Hence, Coutinho or Dembele. Or they get someone from another club, but then Barca will have to provide way more cash.

Coutinho is useless if we have Neymar. Heck, he's useless now.

Trillz repped this.
  6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Coutinho could have a great season , he appears to be buzzing again and full of confidence.. gawd knows how long it will take Valverde to spoil him again though

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He only played well against Peru from what I saw. I'm not convinced that he's back. It's not like we will miss him if he leaves.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The other night he was one of the best players .. he actually looked very lively , pacey and super confident.
    We haven’t seen that Coutinho for over 6 months

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a tactical problem IMO. He can be better in a different system. But he is never going to be the go to guy. Coutinho in essence has only looked great at Liverpool in his career. So in essence that's the exception, not the rule. Although he also did look pretty good with Neymar in Brazil NT.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At this point, it seems to me PSG already know for quite a bit of time that Neymar is leaving. The first statement by Nasser and now this one about him not showing up for training are just ways for them to try and regain some order by sending a message the current and future players.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, one good match every 6 months sounds about right. Next one scheduled for January.

Like I said, we won't miss him.

evil_allan repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have not figured out if Bartomeu is trying to get Griezmann and Neymar or just seeing if he can get Neymar and keeping Griezmann as Plan B. By all accounts the Griezmann deal is done (at least personal terms with the player). The 120m figure is pretty clear so that's not an issue.

De Ligt news has gone a bit quiet. Juve supposedly upping their bid. Although, I thought the deal was supposed to be done and announced days ago ... :whistling:

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The amount is clear but could simply be an issue of coming up with that large chunk of cash.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If this was planned months in advanced, and we can't come up with 120m, how are we going to come up with that and Neymar money ? And De Ligt ? Then only if we sold/traded Coutinho + Dembele for 200m we could pay for Neymar.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, I guess the difference is that Griezmann’s transfer would be a buyout so all the funds need to be paid up front. But yeah... how Barca can afford both AG and Neymar was never clear to me either (other than if PSG dropped Neymar’s price).

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am gonna take a wild guess that PSG isn't taking installments either.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, then Barca would really be suckers. Another reason his price should be lowered, in addition to his age and injury issues.

Most 6-figure transfers these days are paid in installments. Juve was given a year to pay for Ronaldo, Barca paid for Coutinho in four installments, and Atlético is paying for Felix in installments (hence why they paid more than his buyout clause)

Either way, installments are appealing if you’re trying to make two huge signings at once. Probably not feasible w/o them. I suspect Atlético are holding out for more than 120me since Barca can’t pay everything up front for the same reason they themselves had to pay above the buyout clause to get Felix.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Moise Kean is entering the last year of contract. Seems like he could be a good fill--in for Suarez for quite cheap. Averaged a goal like every 70 minutes played last season (albeit not of minutes to assess him fully).

This all assuming we don't blow 2 years worth of budget on Neymar.

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he is valued at 40M by transfermarkt, and Juve just rejected a 30M bid from Everton. So unless he is willing to play out his contract, he may not be very cheap. More likely he signed a new deal with Juve with a higher buyout, longer length, improved salary. Unless he goes all Rabiot on Juve (in which case he could be a great signing next summer on a Bosman) I don't see a great bargain. Also, he is represented by Mino Raiola, please steer clear of all his clients, yes, even De Ligt.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How on earth is Raiola negotiating complex contracts for De Ligt , Pogba and Ballotelli at the same time ??

21. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    welcome to the best club
    IMG_20190712_202655.jpg

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Faaaaaaaaak :mad:

We signing the guy who dissed us last year . Now onto to the one that dumped us ...:whistling:

ShortyMac, unclesox and BocaFan repped this.
  23. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    how are all these attacking players going to fit? Is Suarez benched?

24. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    probably not. maybe messi will play deeper i think.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Messi playing deeper would be a big mistake IMO ... he is not a midfielder .