Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can understand why fans don't want neymar, but honestly, I would like to see him back, of course, I'm not a fan who lives in Spain and so on, I don't have the size of how the fans there think about it But I respect everyone. But one thing is for sure, Dembele, like neymar on psg, is no longer able to wear Barcelona's shirt, I'm not comparing the cases, but he could at least think of playing less fortnite and more football, being more to the club. I hope this one comes out soon.

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It would be the stupidest deal of mankind in football to bring back Neymar. Older, slower, more hated, more injured and expensive. He's got max 1-2 more years. Paying that much for a injury prone old and arrogant player is crazy. 180M and see him injured half season.

If the players really like him as friend then just ********ing create a WhatsApp group and visit each other now and then. No need to drag the club through this shit again. Messi should shut the ******** up sometimes.

Umm I just play FIFA and Danko repped this.
  3. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    :ROFLMAO:

but he doesn't say that even in the quote you posted.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    If he regarded everyone the same (as he should ) then he has no need to even say things like this below .. he’s basically saying they’re different from him but he will ‘tolerate’ them

“I respect gays but do not want them in the same dressing room. I would not exit a team because of that, for I respect gays just like I respect dwarves, fat people and black people”

onefineesq repped this.
  5. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You are twisting his words and then some.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Really ?

Why even mention dwarves , blacks or gays if he thought ‘we’ were all the same ?

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Players "involved" in this Neymar saga so far ....

Coutinho, Rakitic, Dembele, Arthur, Umtiti, Semedo, Bale, James, Navas, Modric, VJr, Dybala ... :ROFLMAO:

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Meeting today between Barto and etc .. + Abidal and finance people ... supposed face to face meeting tomorrow with PSG.

Rumor of Dembele on the table.

10. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suppose Neymar is here. How do you keep Neymar and Griezmann and Suarez and and Dembele and Messi all happy? How do you get occasional bits of playing time for Carles Perez and Ansu Fati to help their development? Even if you ship off Dembele, it still looks hard. And since Neymar left once before because he wasn't alpha dog, how happy would he really be here?

Now consider any moves we might need to make in midfield or the backline. How do we do that if we've put ourselves in a financial hole to get Neymar here? Unlike Real Madrid, Barcelona doesn't have the financial backing of the Spanish government, and has to be more careful.

Umm I just play FIFA repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With all the smoke I can't get a real read if it's gonna happen or not. PSG are playing it tough as they should. 222m was a big investment even if their owners don't care about money. It's symbolic. Neymar comes, behaves and does well, they will look really like a failure of a club.

As for fitting them in, Suarez must be the odd man out. Dembele I don't even count. Would make sense for him to go to PSG. Perez won't see much playing time. Fati has time.

If Neymar is coming back, I assume he has given up that idea that he needs to be "alpha dog" in a shit club. I would still have doubts as to how he is gonna play. I watched the Clasico vs Madrid 4 x 0 recently .. and even without Messi, Neymar actually barely touched the ball in the 1st half. I can't imagine he'd be happy playing that way.

Barto is definitely going to leave the club in some financial woes for the next one up. It's a big risk.

Explain Madrid and government backing. You talking about the land deal ?

12. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    for god's sake, this has to be real, Dembele can never be a Barca player again, trouble boy. Come out and play fortnite in france

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On one hand bringing Neymar back has a bunch of risks (although I don't think/hope behavior would be one of them) and expensive ... on the other, if he doesn't come we will have basically 0 depth up front and have to rely on Messi/Suarez to not only not get injured, but also be fresh at the end of the season with both being well over 30 now. I am not counting Dembele as an option of course.

If Neymar comes, I just hope he doesn't kill the midfield.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Still no agreement after today's meeting. Reportedly 170m buy with 2 payments. Half now half next season.

PSG has yet to answer.

15. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, then probably Neymar will come, from what I read the representatives left the meeting in silence, that to me, is a sign that it will be resolved.

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you can believe anything on the internet (a pretty big 'if') it does appear as if Neymar back to Barca is going to be confirmed soon.

Marcio Freitas repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Those guys walked out either with a good poker face or they heard something they didn't like. They didn't look happy.

They will be silent regardless.

18. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I agree with you. But from what we see in football for so long that we follow, negotiations are never very different from the others, it seems that a movement is really happening.

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Official:
    Oriol Busquets has joined Twente on a season-long loan

[​IMG]

Marcio Freitas and unclesox repped this.
  20. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I don't think Dembele's done THAT much that he can NEVER wear the shirt again. He simply hasn't been as present as much as we imagined and would require/like. Cut and dry, he hasn't been living up to expectations.

But hopefully, if he does stay he turns it around, especially during the business end of this season. If he ends up on the bench by the end of the season, I can see him still making an impact based on his pace, raw creativity, two-footedness --- very very expensive bench player, but will likely remain arguably/controversially/enigmatically critical.

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

On the contrary Neymar has done ten times more shit than Dembele that he should never wear the shirt again, yet these morons are trying to get him. I'm stil amazed by this drama, Bartomeu has no spine. Bartomeu should be sacked immediately. His two signings of over 300M€ that saved his ass have "flopped" immensely that one is loaned out and the other being pushed out. People are genuinely stupid!

Leon12 repped this.
  22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The transfer is weird af considering we signed Coutinho and Dembele to replace the person who we’re gonna re-sign lol. Coutinho is on loan playing for Bayern and we have no clue what’s gonna happen to Dembele.

23. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great comment, I agree.

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s very odd considering Neymar wants us , we want Neymar, PSG wanted Coutinho and we don’t ..

It looked so easy to complete some kind of deal ...

25. Marcio Freitas

Vasco da Gama
    Brazil
    Jul 23, 2019
    Brasil
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Football negotiations are very strange things, I myself do not understand most of the time.