YCJ Photos 9/7 - USA at GUA

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by AndyMead, Sep 9, 2005.

1. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Thanks, Andy.

2. socjoc

socjoc Member

Jun 7, 2005
    ToolBox
    Which Moderator of this thread lacks a sense of humor sufficent to censor every one of my photo links above? Your editing decision put the screws to a rather clever parody (if I say so myself).

Mr. Mead graciously made his way to Guatemala, caputured lots of quality non-action shots, shared them with us on this thread... and then you re-define the meaning of fandom? Dude!! This ain't your great-grandmother's war effort.

Take a breath, smile, and enjoy. If your readers don't like or appreciate my feeble attempts at humor, then they will surely let us ALL know. Until then, I think your sense of humor is rather sterile. Lighten up. Please re-establish those photo links.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It wasn't a moderator on this site. The links you created no longer exist. My guess is that Andy changed the file names, probably because of you and you alone. You call fart jokes clever parordy?

Maybe, just maybe, you might want to consider whether or not the actual OWNER of the pictures wants your idiotic commentary added to his photos.

In other words, unless you have express permission to do so, you are not allowed to post links to pictures on the YCJ photo site and add your own comments to them.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As Mike said, it wasn't the mods. It was me. As an American male, I can appreciate a good fart joke. Your overly long series of posts was most certainly not a good fart joke. In fact it was juvenile and purile - and not the funny kind.

Not to mention that it had nothing to do with "fans" or "travel". If you want to do a fart joke riff, start your own thread.

I actually changed them while you were still doing it. I'm surprised it took you this long to notice.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This isn't true. There is tacit and implied hot-linking to all of YCJ's photos. In fact, I expect it.

But as someone said "Mr. Mead graciously made his way to Guatemala, caputured lots of quality non-action shots, shared them with us on this thread... and then you re-define the meaning of fandom?" - - -

I graciously made my way to Guatemala, I captured lots of quality non-action shots, and I shared them with all of you on this thread. Then some jacknut comes along and re-defines the meaning fandom by turning my photojournalism into a really stupid - and waaaaayyyyy toooo long - series of fart jokes. I wasn't amused.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Yeah, I knew that bit about the hot-linking. I was just trying to scare him off from doing it again. ;)

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Please don't. I have enough trouble with misunderstandings, I don't need my "friends" misleading folks.

8. socjoc

socjoc Member

Jun 7, 2005
    ToolBox
    To the moderators of this thread, I offer my sincere apology. I was not aware that outside sources had the ability break links to this site.

To Mr. Mead, I guess I also owe you a personal apology for my obvious weak attempt to use your images to tell a "fart joke". Evidently I got carried away. Obviously, "I" thought I was being clever and funny. Must be one of the ironic beauties of humanity. Different strokes for different folks.

As a newcomer to BS, I have seen numerous photo images (many belonging to you) used in "caption this" threads. Perhaps I should have gne that route. Food for self introspection.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nobody "broke" any links. I just renamed some files.

Brevity is the essence of wit.

I don't mind how you used the photos - just where you used them. If you'd stopped after one or two, I would've just sighed and moved on. What you did was what is called a "threadjack". I merely took the thread back.

Any time you want to go on a riff like that, just start a new thread. Chances are you'll even find folks willing to play off on what you've started.

It's all cool.

10. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Wow. Once again you prove that you are one of the biggest dicks on this site.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If I was really annoyed, I would've just replaced the images with something else. Your "links" aren't broken - they just don't point to anything.

There's a poster here who insists on calling the USSF the USFA. He used one of my pictures so I replaced it with a graphic saying "It's the USSF, not the USFA" or something like that.

Then Sam's Army didn't update their front page for several months. After Dononvan had returned from Leverkusen to MLS, they still led with a "Donovan to Germany" article, hotlinked to one of YCJ's photos. I replaced it with the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. It took them close to two weeks to notice and change it. :)

12. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Why yes, it is rather large. Envious? I thought Freud said that only applied to women.