News: Yasser al-Qahtani is in trouble (?)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by HiJazzey, Mar 25, 2009.

1. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    I'm sure a few here have heard about this. It's the talk of the town.
    Apparently Yasser was arrested in a sting by the hay2a.
    The story goes that he, some relatives and a couple of friends were partying with some girls in a ranch (istira7a) in Kharj when they were raided by the beards.

Of course lot's of uncertainty as to what's going on, but an official has confirmed that he has been dropped from the national team for failing to show up for training.

Not a fan of the player or the team he plays for but this sucks.

2. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I highly doubt this, yasser is supposed to come on TV in a couple hours and talk about it on ART i think..

It either didnt happen or this is what happened

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Remember those stories of Yasser being at night clubs in Bahrain or Dubai or wherever?

Yeah, doubt this one is true as well.

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Whats the punishment of drinking alcohol in Saudi Arabia?

Hanging out with girls?

5. ~Fulanito~

~Fulanito~ New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    KSA 11:

Your story is acceptable however no one knows what had exactly happened , our big problem is that we tend to avenge for ourselves rather than for our religion and practice double cruelty when against a famous person.

I wish him a speedy recovery from this ordeal, he shall then pray sincerely to Allah asking his forgivness or if this story is right ask his justice. RGRDS

6. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Whoever does wrong should be punished, we dont know what happenned with yasser exactly, but if he did this then he should be punished like any other person. I mean by "like any other person" that the punishment must not be less, and it must not be more. So he shouldn't be dropped from the national team as an over-punishment, just the normal punishment for drinking by the law...

7. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its still the same problem. What is he doing in the middle of the night just after he came back from the west coast game against Wehda, driving south Riyadh for maybe 30 minutes to hang out with friends in istraha? Come on he was going to join the NT next day for some crucial games but this is what he was doing. If this is our captain, best player in Asia, then this shows how professional our football is.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

As I said, even if this were true it doesn't reflect on our professionalism at all.

How many European and South American players have been to nightclubs or drunk or did something completely stupid in public? Players like Cristiano Ronaldo, George Best,Paul Gascoigne, Ronaldhinho,Fat Ronaldo..ectect

All of them did much worse than Yasser has been accused of.

9. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    whatever it was.. he is back..

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    what do you mean by that..is he going to play against uae

11. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    the SAFC sent a report that he is forgivin for what he did (by the safc, it is not responding to the phone), its up to the coach to invite him or not for the UAE game. im guessing my story was right and because he's innocent, he's getting back.

12. ~Fulanito~

~Fulanito~ New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    We all hope that he is an innocent, but it has been noticed that he is totally away from his best form even with his club.
    Personally I wish he summon himself well and be back with full pace and fitness.

I really wish that we drop discussing his problem as it is not our concern it is his personal life, we care about his football.

Regards,

13. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    الرياض 30 ربيع الأول 1430هـ الموافق 27 مارس 2009م واس
    أوضحت لجنة المنتخبات بالاتحاد السعودي لكرة القدم بأن لاعب المنتخب الأول/ ياسر القحطاني تقدم بخطاب اعتذار عن عدم التحاقه بمعسكر المنتخب الأول يوم الثلاثاء 27 / 3 / 1430هـ متضمنا مبررات تأخره لظروفه الخارجة عن إرادته وإثباتاتها والتي لم تكن موجودة في حينه .
    وبعد دراسة تلك المبررات وعرضها على الجهاز الفني لمنتخب المملكة الأول لكرة القدم وتفهمه لها قررت اللجنة قبول اعتذار اللاعب وترك موضوع عودته للمنتخب للجهاز الفني وحسب رؤيته الفنية.
    // انتهى // 2057 ت م

http://www.spa.gov.sa/cdetails.php?id=648468&catid=7