Yanks on Foreign YNTs (1997 and later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's provisionally cap-tied to England. TAA would need to file a one time switch to play for the USA.

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So if Trent Alexander-Arnold were to switch to the US, he could be part of a defense with Cameron Carter-Vickers and Erik Palmer-Brown, a move that would definitely make Dave Marino-Nachison happy.

He could also be on a potential all-English Olympic back-line with Antonee-Robinson, CCV and invisible man Marlon Fossey.

And it could give the US defenders on the books of Chelsea (Matt Miazga), Man City (EPB) and Tottenham (CCV) and Liverpool (TAA). Would just need defenders at Arsenal and ManU to get the big six covered. Of course, that will probably never happen because Arsenal doesn't play defense.

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Olosunde

Pl@ymaker and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Let's-make-it-happen

Peretz48 and mike4066 repped this.
  5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Pierre Da Silva still part of our player pool or is he gonna play for Peru?

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Did Pierre Da Silva get a Peru callup?

I remember Collin Fernandez getting a Peru callup. Is that who you're thinking of?

7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I saw some comments on another website about him wanting to play for Peru. He visited Peru recently but not sure if he was just visiting family.

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Can you post a link?

I think he could still contribute to the US pool. He might even be a contributor during Olympic qualifying, especially if we don't get European-based attacking mids released.

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

931666005385936901 is not a valid tweet id

It has been a few months since then. Not sure who he wants to play for.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    BostonRed repped this.
  13. Timm

Timm Member

Fc Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    I said this before in another thread but I will say it again. I wouldn’t get worked up too much over losing these kids to other countries. Countries like Peru and Mexico don’t have a good record of producing world class players.

Now if we are losing Argentinian, Brazilian, or Uruguayan American kids, then I will start to worry. Losing Funes Mori to Argentina still stings a bit considering how good he is for Everton

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that he was never going to become a US citizen should lessen that sting.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Let me just go ahead click that link for you bro

;)

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I meant specifics. I can click the link, but there's nearly no information on what he plays like, where exactly on the field he plays (other than midfield).

This player is getting called in to a pretty high level Mexican youth team, yet I've not even seen him mentioned anywhere.

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    My bad. I thought you were asking what position he played in the post above where you asked what position he played.

My sass-mouth aside, your questions are perfectly reasonable ones, and I don't have any good answers at present.

I just start YA threads -- I let others finish 'em. ;)

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pepi is one of the top 03's in the DA. I think he could've been an option for the U-17's this cycle, so his inclusion is bad for our program.

ChuckMe92 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alcala has never been with USYNTs. Pepi was with the US U16s in January.

23. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alcala was in id2 camp, though, which has to count for some form of US national team involvement.

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Both have played for USYNT's.

Many players have played for both YNT's, especially early in the process. If they keep playing for Mexico and not the USA, I think they should be considered likely to play for Mexico. Until then, I don't think any of us know.

25. Timm

Timm Member

Fc Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    I pointed this out before but for whatever reason (player selection, diet, or genetics) Mexico has a poor record of producing world class players. In the last 25 years, they’ve produced Chicharito and Rafael Marquez. That’s it.

Mexico is good at producing above average to good CONCACAF players but they fail when it comes to players that succeed in the top European and champions league teams. That’s where the limitation lies. I wouldn’t get worked up over losing these players. In fact, it’s probably to our benefit because it gives other kids a chance that have more upside.

If you look at where Pulisic and McKennie are now at their age, it’s likely going to be better than anything Mexico has produced. And that’s only the beginning of the pipeline

Pl@ymaker repped this.