Yanks on Foreign YNTs (1997 and later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Castro played the first half and Bahr was DNP for a 6-1 loss to Japan in India for their opening match.

Pl@ymaker and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malone on the bench against Iran:

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=275931/match=300394715/index.html#statistics#nosticky

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In U17 WC:

Honduras: Alex Bahr started, played '69 and picked up yellow card in 5-0 win over New Caledonia. Alessandro Casto DNP.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andres Perea starts for Colombia against US:
    918480608015405057 is not a valid tweet id

Pl@ymaker and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In U17 WC:

Honduras: Alessandro Casto comes in at the half trailing France 2-1. Alex Bahr on the bench.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perea out in the 64th, trailing Germany 0-4. Maurice Malone enters the game in the 59th.

Malone had made a 77th minute appearance against Iran in the group stage.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overachiever repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Overachiever repped this.
  11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The missing ones are both from the academy of Club Atlas. Arizona-born '02 defender Michael Barragan, and Texas-born '01 midfielder Sebastian Medina.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/michael-barragan-in-mexico.2035719/
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/sebastian-medina-in-mexico.2042473/

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The Gibran callup tells us something about FMF scouting. He just got to FCD as he was with a club in North Texas called "Sporting United" last season. He's played in 4 games and scored 2 goals. And somehow the FMF scouted him, found out he was Mexico-eligible, and has already called him up.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He played at the MLS/LigaMX tourney in Mexico City a few months ago. Thats where they likely also watched Blancas.

I wasn't all that impressed by any of those who they called up that played at that tournament. I'm surprised they didn't call up Nathan Toledo (maybe his heritage is not Mexican), as he was the only '01 at that tournament besides Reynolds who particularly impressed me in the FCD side, although we've called him up before, so maybe they tried to, and he didn't want to play for them. Collodi and Burns looked good players, as well, but I'm not sure NT level players.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  14. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems like the right place for this:

This is the guy that keeps saying that 8-10 players about to jump ship for Mexico. For me, he lost all credibility with this tweet. He just a fear-bringer that skimps ESPN for a living and spews anti-US bs.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Only players I'm worried about losing to Mexico are Gonzalez, Llanez, Toledo, Araujo, Lopez, Ocampo-Chavez, Sepulveda, Vazquez, Farfan.

I don't even know if all of those players have Mexican heritage anyway, so maybe some of them don't even apply.

They can have the Rayo's, Blancas', Hinajosa's, etc. Its possible these types could get into a few camps and maybe play some role with our YNT's, but I don't think we should be worrying about the fringe players. We want to keep all of them, but thats not possible. Concentrate on making sure the top ones stay within our program. If the fringe players turn into high level footballers, nothing we can do. You can't concentrate on keeping every player with dual-nationality in your system.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  16. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I'm going way back but gotta add Oscar Rincon. His dad seems really anti US but he's still in our system for now.

ChuckMe92 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Too young for me to pay much attention yet lol.

I'm still trying to develop an understanding of the players, strengths, weaknesses of the '02 birth year of players, and just started paying attention to the '03 birth year.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember that a lot of the dual national exposure at that age is driven by parents and agents. That makes some of the initial scouting easier.

19. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. There is no way de la torre is going to play for Spain. But a reply from someone else said "he must've meant de la fuente". That would make a lot more sense and would be bad for us. Still would be bad for Gomez to confuse the two though.

ussoccer97531 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  20. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this guy also said something to the effect of "the US will have more than one reason to be upset about Mexico's WCQ roster," with the clear implication that a) it'd be an experimental roster going up against T&T and Honduras, and thus could easily lose, and b) Jonathan Gonzalez would be on it. In the end, it was a mostly full-strength squad (yes, I know......) and Gonzalez appeared to have accepted a US U18 callup before Monterrey denied release. So instead of reporting, he was doing anti-US wishcasting. One part of that obviously ended up working out for him, just not the way he thought.

Starman* repped this.
  21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    We know the FMF watches FC Dallas closely. How long do you need to watch a guy to give him a U16 callup? I'm not sure this tells us much, unless perhaps they were already eyeing him at Sporting United, which isn't clear. (At least, not to me.)

22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    how old is de la torre? ill bet there are younger spanish players already starting in la liga. that just seems absurd.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's a '98.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club: