Yanks in Dutch play off for EL spot May 9th and 12th

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, May 8, 2018.

1. First match a clash between the succesfull YA striker Johnsen vs the YA defender Miazga.
    Halve finales,woensdag 9 mei,
    18.30 cest: ADO Den Haag - Vitesse -
    Next match is CD Kik Pierie's try with Heerenveen
    20.45 cest: sc Heerenveen - FC Utrecht -

Return matches:
    Zaterdag 12 mei,
    18.30 cest: Vitesse - ADO Den Haag -
    20.45 cest: FC Utrecht - sc Heerenveen -

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    ADO-Vitesse over but the crying 4-1 Vitesse leads in 2nd.

Pierie starts for 'veen. Rubin, Agudelo and JOB don't make the bench for Utrecht

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    MM gives up late PK. Mount 5 - ADO 2 no goals for BMJ

In 'veen Kabayashi scores early to put them up 1-0 about 10 mins in...

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    'veen win, but only 4-3 at home. Kik provides the 86 min game winner.

994328777105829889 is not a valid tweet id

5. According to the AD Sportwereld live blog Bjorn missed 3 big chances:
    6'
    Na goed voorbereidend werk van Kanon krijgt Jonhsen de kans voor de 1-0. Zijn schot wordt geblokt door Kashia!

60'
    Johnsen kopt naast uit een voorzet van El Khayati

68'
    Johnsen laat na om de 2-4 binnen te schieten! Al derde grote kans voor de Hagenaar.

6. This 2-5 away win doesnot mean the show is over. In the promotion play off SC Cambuur beat Dordrecht 1-4 in the away game. But Dordrecht achieved the impossible as they, even after conceiding a goal=5-1 uphill battle in their away game, by winning 1-4 too and in the penalty shoot out score 1 better.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    BMJ and MM starting.

Winoman repped this.
  8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    MM beat BMJ 2-1 to advance.

Pierie starts for 'veen.

Winoman repped this.
  9. And lost 2-1 and is out of the PO run on away goals.
    It all comes down to letting FC Utrecht at home coming back while one man and 3-0 down in Heerenveen.

freisland repped this.
  10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yep. The OG didn't help! Oh well. Utrecht was better this year truth be told.

11. Bjorn almost made Matt pay for loosing sight of him. At a given moment ADO undertook a counter and MM tried to keep up with the speed of the attacker running up the sideline with the ball. At a given moment MM let go of him and tracked inside the box while someone else took on the attacker. That guy gave a pass into the box and Bjorn popped up to receive it going in behind MM's back. He controlled the ball and took a shot at the goal but the keeper blocked it.

Winoman repped this.
  12. What was telling in that event was how smart Bjorn moved to make him beat MM to get the ball.

13. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    please don't post Dutch. There is no point except to show you know Dutch and we don't.

14. There is something called "google translate".

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Right back at you. How about you do it once, so the rest of us don't have to.

16. :D
    I could, but then I see some quirky translation parts and then I get tempted to correct it, while I've no time for that ...selfprotection...I'm a kind of perfectioist:(

SUDano repped this.