Xpert Eleven vs. Hattrick

Discussion in 'Games' started by maximice, May 3, 2005.

1. maximice

maximice New Member

May 3, 2005
    I have been playing Hattrick since 2002 and have thought that there couldn't be a better browser-based football management game on Internet. But now I have found a new game Xpert Eleven that I actually like more than Hattrick. Xpert Eleven has pretty much the solution for everything that is lacking in Hattrick.

Xpert Eleven is quite different from Hattrick though and is a much more tactical game than Hattrick focusing on the coaching part and pretty much totally skip the financial and administrative part. But as I have never been very fond of building arenas and hiring staff that is actually pretty appealing for me.

The thing I like the most in Xpert Eleven is that there are no daytrading and the fact that you can make career as a manager and reach the absolute top level in a reasonable period of time. In Hattrick you will never reach the elite divisions if you start in the lowest divisions.

Another really nice thing is that you can create your own league with unlimited number of divisions (very flexible) which is great fun among co-workers and friends. We have started a league at my office and I can tell you that there is not much work done on the friday afternoons. :D

I will now list pros and cons with Xpert Eleven in comparison to Hattrick.

Pros:
    * Focus on being manager and not the club owner

* No daytrading

* Very simple to play but very complex and hard to master when you start to dig deeper. But even my mum should be able to play if you don't try to look down

* Better game engine which generates more football-like results than Hattrick. Although I still think Hattricks game engine is pretty good Xpert Eleven's game engine is a bit more realistic.

* Great game viewer (Very exciting)

* Lots and lots of statistics (especially if you get the supporter package. Might not be able to compete with the stats available in Hattrick if you take in account all the side-applications available around Hattrick as there doesn't seem to be any side-applications to Xpert Eleven.

* Possiblility to create own private leagues to play with your friends.

* In my opinion better looking.

* Is not as time-consuming. You don't need to play friendlies.

* The whole team can be developed and not only a part of the team as in Hattrick.

* You can personalize your team by requesting player names for the players that you are offered to buy.

Cons:

* The community is not at all as good as in Hattrick. But that is pretty hard to beat. Haven't seen any community on Internet as great as Hattrick's community. Xpert Eleven has just recently been translated into english so I think Xpert Eleven's community will grow pretty much. But it will probably never reach the level of Hattrick's community.

* No external side-applications. Not that I actually feel there is a need for any cause most stats and stuff are already in the game. But some offline application could probably be helpful.

* No financial factors. Not that I care, but I know that a lot of people like to build arenas and create a pile of money and that is no option in Xpert Eleven.

* You can't affect the youth team. Getting a talent is a bonus and can't be affected in any way.

* No national teams. Xpert Eleven is not divided by countries. In the official league system (which contain several leagues) everybody play against anybody from anywhere and you can select the nationality (ethnicity?) on your team. Don't know if that is a bad thing actually, but they have however completely disregarded national teams which is in my opinion fun part in Hattrick.

It would be fun to hear other peoples' opionions in this subject. And please don't answer with something stupid like "HT is the best" or "Need nothing more than HT" if you haven't really tried Xpert Eleven. I also liked driving a Saab until I sat down in an Alfa Romeo. So you should never rule out anything until you have tried it.

If you haven't played the game. You will find it here