Xhaka Zulu. Boom Xhakalaka. The man made of Granit. The Xhaka Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just wanted to get one up here.

And wanted to post this article about Xhaka's play and what it says about the team:

http://first-11.net/2017/01/arsenals-systematic-issues-are-holding-back-granit-xhaka/

You can read more in the link

thebigman and Fifty repped this.
  2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Completely agree

Which is why i want us to dump the 4231

3. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I'm not sure I completely agree with this. City generally have Silva or De Brune ahead of Fernandinho. That said the role to some degree has evolved into a second striker, Tottenham use Alli as an ACM or Second Striker, Liverpool use Lallana in that position. Mueller occasionally plays there for Bayern Munich. If you look at Ozil's goals and assists numbers this year it suggests that Wenger may have encouraged Ozil to play more as a second striker than as a traditional 10.

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  5. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    obviously do not know all the facts but this sounds like frustration at airline

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah and probably the frustration of getting red carded again. Dudes out here calling people "white bitch" like it's nothing. He's been posting bare selfies with the squad as well. Gonna have to wait for more information to come out.

7. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No need to call someone's color, for sure. What I'm going to say next is flame-worthy, but white bitch on the racism scale is like a 1.15/10.

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It's definitely no where near as bad as calling someone of color a racial slur that's for sure. When I first saw the article I thought it was a minority he was abusing. Why's a white dude calling a white lady a "white bitch" tho? The reports seem odd. He's denying and evidently a 3rd party is reporting it.

9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I disagree - racism is racism and it's not cool.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im white and i dont give a fcuk

11. lynesjc

lynesjc Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 21, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does Xhaka self-identify as non-white? Fascinating if so.

12. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Albanian (and presumably Muslim), so unclear.

13. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It was unwarranted for sure, but, I honestly think we need new identifiers for what kind of racism/discrimination occurs. On the intent meter of ignorant speech vs premeditated discrimination and on the historical slur meter, this is not news. There are people writing essays about black genocide for god's sake. Again, I am not condoning the behavior, but this is small fry compared to anything that has ever come out of John Terry's mouth, and stuff that occurs 10 million times a day that is a million times worse.

Apologize. Do a bunch of racism appearances with FIFA. Watch your words.

bandwagongooner repped this.
  14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From the details, we dont know if he actually said that.

The person who he allegedly yelled it towards was not the one who reported the incident.

I think we should wait for more details.

And on the racism scale, "white bitch" is probably -1/10.

100/10 on the sexist scale tho.

danielh, footykid, daedalus and 2 others repped this.
  15. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's really telling that there were ten posts about the word "white" until we got to the first post about "bitch"

danielh, daedalus, cooper7d7 and 3 others repped this.
  16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe the woman was a bitch and the man was born out of wedlock?

17. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm honestly confused as to why this would be sexist - so my profuse apologies. I'm honestly trying to understand. Can someone explain it to me?

To me sexism would be if he treated her any differently than if she were a man, or if somehow her colleague standing next to her doing the same job made more money for no reason, or any other instance where he is being derogatory or had expectations towards her because she is female. This is based on my assumption that the derogatory term for mean people in the US is asshole" for males and "bitch" for females.

Does the word bitch hold sexist history in this particular connotation? Cause in my mind, if he called her an white hairy dick that'd be waaaaay worse.

(I'm sorry for this post, but I'll press send anyways because I've never written about anglo-saxon genitals before)

18. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't get your evaluation. If he in fact did use those words then he likely doesn't identify as white and he used it in a derogatory manner. Therefore it's a racist statement, isn't it? Or is racism rated on a different scale depending on the race of the parties involved?

I find it abhorrent in all cases.

19. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saying it's 1/10 is racist in it's self

20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He said it's -1/10. I can see where he's coming from: there's little history of "white" being used as a slur.

21. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, labeling someone black is more offensive than labeling them white? Yeah, that's not racist at all..

22. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Is Xhaka's english any good? Gotta learn the right cuss words/insults early on. It's critical to mastering any new language.

Honestly though, starting to lose patience with this clown. Coquelin was the liability. There isn't room for 2.

23. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hear you. I get frustrated with the "you can't be racist against white people" premise as well, but I see their point too. Calling someone a "white bitch" is a racial insult and could qualify as hate speech in England, but I wouldn't necessarily categorize it as racist, if we're assuming that racism requires some level of institutional and historical oppression.

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well yea

We have this 600 years of Western European colonization of the rest of the world and using slurs against oppressed people thing going on.

think about it, "cracker" is supposed to be a racial slur. A word that originated from cracking a whip.

danielh, yossarian, daedalus and 4 others repped this.