WWC TV Details

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by btharner, Jul 21, 2007.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Looked good but it wasn't in HD. The host broadcaster is not offering an HD feed. They are offering 576i feeds, which is their countries standard definition. ESPN is downcoverting that to 480i for our standard definition ESPN station and upconverting it to 720p for the high definition station.

ESPN does get credit for grabbing the 16:9 feed for the high definition station. The host broadcaster is offering both a 16:9 and a 4:3 feed. They haven't always grabbed the 16:9 feed in the past.

2. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Minor Problem with TWC Program Schedule

The good news is I made it through the first week of the WWC recording all 16 of the matches with absolutely no problems at all. :cool:

Hopefully this is only a minor glitch, but when I just attempted to program tomorrow morning's matches neither of them were listed on the TWC program guide. :eek: The schedule has Sports Center on ESPN from 4:30-6:00 AM and from 6:00 - 7:30 AM and for ESPN2 it is Mike & Mike in the morning from 3:00-7:00. :confused:

I just double checked over on soccertv.com and here's what was listed:

Mon Sep 17 04:55AM Pacific
    Length: 2 hr 5 min LIVE
    ESPN (US)
    FIFA Women's World Cup China 2007
    Germany vs Japan

Mon Sep 17 04:55AM Pacific
    Length: 2 hr 5 min LIVE
    ESPN2 (US)
    FIFA Women's World Cup China 2007
    England vs Argentina

What I did was set the DVR to record ESPN from 4:30-7:30 and ESPN2 from 3:00-7:30 and hopefully I'll be able to successfully record both matches and any post-match highlights and analysis.

3. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the info.

4. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    espntv.com has both broadcasts beginning at 7:55 AM EST.

5. real77

real77 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    for days i've been trying to figure out how to watch the games. i'm in paris for the whole world cup. great for rugby, not so great for wwc apparently.
    fifa.com doesn't show online for france and i've found no other site online showing it. any ideas?
    thanks

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Sopcast, TVAnts or other P2P programs will offer streams

7. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Australia-Canada match delayed ...

... by rain, according to ESPN2 ticker.

No information from FIFA, which still shows the match scheduled for this time.

I'm assuming this doesn't mean it has been delayed directly accoring to rain ... Chengdu is thousands of kilometers from the path of Wipra. Perhaps the Canadian protest was effective, and the match has been delayed until tomorrow so it can be played at the same time as Norway-Ghana.

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Re: Australia-Canada match delayed ...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600972
    Schedule changes are listed in this thread.

Both of today's scheduled matches have been moved to tomorrow. As of posting this the front page of the FIFA WWC page has changed to reflect the new schedule, but the match pages and the calendar page have not been updated.